Are we making progress?

I've seen progress this season. Watching the first half against Thistle I was really impressed with our shape, ball retention and pressing. I don't think we played great, but I saw progress.

Of course we are making progress but just not as fast as most of us would like. Just remember where we are coming from.

If McCoist is the yard stick then yes, but it's disappointing that we are still weak in central defence and we still don't
kill of teams also including myself we forget the size of the challenge and the damage that the rest of Scotland inflicted
on us.

We are making progress in the sense that we now have far better individual players than we had a year ago. Unfortunately they are not gelling as a team and we lack consistency. Real progress would not see us dropping points to Patrick Thistle

We're definitely moving in the right direction. The issue is we're crawling there rather than sprinting

I think we have made progress but it is not at the rate that will be acceptable to the majority of fans.

We clearly need better full backs, another central defender and another solid goal threat. I can see what PC is trying in a more direct get the ball forwards quickly to creat 2v1 / 3v2 but we still aren't clinical enough in the final third.

It is also alarming how much of a soft touch we are defensively, both goals on Friday were down to a very poor individual decision, a frankly embarrassing wall and a full back who can't get to the inside of his man and be there first.

None of that is unfixable but it is a symptom of the level of player we have.

Slowly but surely we are imo anything is an improvement on that team from last season. I honestly think this squad are going to take time to gel. As I've said before second in the league and winning one of the cups is an improvement.

I think we still have many weak areas of the team, some of the guys brought in are good and defo upgrades but some just dont seem to be offering much right now.

There is no doubt that progress has been made in certain areas of the pitch

Looking at Jack and Morelos they are both looking to be absolute steals

The worry for me is that the gaffer still doesn't look like he knows his best 11 and has made some baffling changes in games, he has made a lot of good changes but for me i'm yet to be fully convinced that we have made massive strides from last season

There is slight improvement, enough to keep me optimistic that we may continue that improvement as the season goes on.

However the level of improvement is not enough to accept the results we have had and look likely to have over the coming months.

If Saturday goes the way of form and bookies odds then that slight improvement will not be enough to stop the clamour for Pedro to go.

The minimum I want from Saturday is for us give them a game, to be serious contenders for 90 minutes and to make them worry about us for a change

I don't really think you can say we've made much progress.
We've spent a hell of a lot of money and do far got very little in return.
Morelos, Jack and Candeias to a lesser extent aside I've yet to be convinced completely by the new signings.
We still look as though it's Keirnan and Wilson at the back most times.
We are still losing the midfield battle in most games & we are still a very slow team who seem to be capable of 30 mins intense football then hanging on for the rest of the game.

Yes, just not at the rate that too many people demand. There is simply no appetite for sowing seeds and letting them grow at Rangers. It has to be instant success, or nothing. Because of that, Pedro will probably be gone by Christmas, and we'll be back to starting again. Again.
The crux of between £7-10m isn't sewing seeds
That level of investment itself demands instant results, managers live or die by their signings , can you sit here and say our money has been well spent thus far?

We're definitely moving in the right direction. The issue is we're crawling there rather than sprinting

Do you think we are closing the gap on Celtic?
I don't, any 'progress' or 'moving in the right direction' must be based on that

Have we improved since last( horrendous) season ? yes, but closing and challenging them? no place near it.

Do you think we are closing the gap on Celtic?
I don't, any 'progress' or 'moving in the right direction' must be based on that

Have we improved since last( horrendous) season ? yes, but closing and challenging them? no place near it.

Surely if we've improved from last season that automatically means we're closing the gap (unless you think they've improved since last season...which they haven't).

We are 6 matches into a 38 match league season. For me it's too early to be drawing conclusions. Personally I feel we'll get stronger over the coming weeks and months and fully expect us to finish comfortably 2nd.
Although the jury is still out regarding Pedro and some of his signings, I believe our squad is stronger and, maybe delusionally, still believe that Pedro can succeed.

I actually think it's very hard to tell. On paper, I think we look better in almost every department. (Alves & Cardoso vs Kiernan & Hill, Jack & Dorrans vs Holt & Halliday, Morelos vs Waghorn/Garner, etc)

However, despite there being a lot of things that seem better, the real worry is that results aren't necessarily panning out to reflect it and when we drop points it feels like exactly the same story as it was last season (ie dominate early, fail to capitalise on chances, let teams back into games and toil from there)

It's a bit of a strange one to gauge in all honesty. We'll find out a lot about the current team in the next month or so when we come up against the filth, Sheep and St Johnstone.

Surely if we've improved from last season that automatically means we're closing the gap (unless you think they've improved since last season...which they haven't).

we have closed the gap in as much as we won't finish 30pts behind them, we have better players than last season, but in real terms are we close to challenging them? No

I do think they have improved from last season, talent & depth wise, as have we. But we are no closer to a title challenge in real terms

The perfomance next weekend is last chance saloon. Fact.
Absolute Fact, or just an opinion.
I'm willing to bet Caixinha will only be sacked if we lose heavily on Saturday.
That is, the odd goal, maybe two, will keep him in a job till the January window.
Are we making progress?
Well, for me, I'd say yes but that defeat in Luxembourg will sway many to the "no" side.

Constantly one step forward, two steps back with us. Every time we think we're starting to get better, we drop points against utter dross to remind us how shit we are.

For me we have improved in certain areas. Enough to win the league? No chance. Enough to finish second? Absolutely. We still ship too many goals but we definitely look capable of scoring more.

I also feel the desire has improved dramatically and that can be seen with the effort at the end of games or the desire to turn around games when we are down.

Absolute Fact, or just an opinion.
I'm willing to bet Caixinha will only be sacked if we lose heavily on Saturday.
That is, the odd goal, maybe two, will keep him in a job till the January window.
Are we making progress?
Well, for me, I'd say yes but that defeat in Luxembourg will sway many to the "no" side.

Absolutely no chance PC will be sacked next week even if we lose 4-0

We are making progress but at far too slow a pace.

The board are taking too many shots in the dark in appointing a manager.
We the supporters feel obliged to support these shots in the dark.

The problem is that they are unbeaten in 54 games, which is multiplying the level of pressure 100 fold. This is in effect adding to supporters unease with how the season is panning out. I'm 36 and I have never known a team to be so dominant from either half of the divide. The law of averages will surely soon come in to play as this sustained run can never last for ever. They are only a couple of injuries away from being bang average.

I feel we have a few better players than last season : Jack,Morales, Alves, Candeias have for the most been very good. Also think Dorrans,Cardoso will turn out too be excellent signings.
Overall though I don't see much if any improvement in our style of play-or results

Why don't you just look at this stage last year,surely that would be the best place to start,if your looking for any indication of progress.
I think we are,Saturday will prove this but.

We have bought better players so there will be slight improvement. The problem is the manager's appointment in the first place. It was generally accepted on the old board that the choice of new manager was crucial. We needed someone to go toe to toe with Brenda, to ensure a solid second place.
So we appointed an unknown, before a DOF was in place and let him run riot with the best part of £10m. It really was a baffling decision. Two very questionable Mexicans for just over £4m. Alves, although in the twilight of his career, looked a decent signing but is not filling me with joy. Dorrans is quality but should be playing further forward. Jack, on a free, looks like the best bit of business. Morelos is a player, still learning, but significantly he was identified by JJ.

442 is not working and should be ditched, especially this Saturday, but Miller being rested tells me it will be same old same old.

Results wise it's not good and if we do get 2nd place I think we'll sneak it rather than it being a stick on. I think a better manager would get more of the players but I fear the board may throw more money at Pedro.

If you want to look at it from a points perspective we had 9 points at this stage last year, currently have 11 so that's an improvement

If you want to look at goals conceded we gave up 9 last year through 6 games, 8 this year so that's an extremely small improvement though last year the Celtic game was in there so you can easily make the case we've been worse defensively to start the season

Goals scored we had 7 in 6 games last year, 13 this year so that's a massive improvement already nearly doubling the total.

If you look at the squad i'd say it's been massively improved on the majority of positions outside of the fullbacks and goalkeeper as they have stayed the same and left wing. I would also say i felt more confident going into games this year than last (After the Hamilton game) though that's completely down to ones opinion and you can't compare the two seasons in Europe as i really don't have much confidence that Warburton would have done any better against Progres considering the "type" of player he likes and the fact that we weren't even in Europe last year to compare with. I'm only comparing it to last year because if you're comparing it to when Ally was manager or the Warburton championship season then no shit we've made progress that goes without saying.

I would say we have made progress.....not by much mind but progress none the less for a man who's truly had his fingerprints over the team for only roughly 4 months. Now whether Pedro can continue to improve the side on a week by week basis remains to be seen and he's going to need time for it (Dare i say the rest of the season as much as the mopey bastards who whine after a draw that was unlucky to not be a win won't want to give the manager that kind of time) and if the progress has stalled to a halt or gotten even worse than the club and director of football will have a big decision to make on the manager

If anyone seriously thinks we havent improved on last season really needs to give up with football.

Better of points wise than this stage last year and thats despite some chronic decisions by refs for example the game against Hibs. Of course we have improved, Saturday should show us by how much, thats the main question.

I think offensively we have definitely made progress but the shock for me with our signings at the back is how little progress we seem to have made defensively. Still to many holes and bad positioning for me

Back