Beni Baningime

I thought he was anonymous until the last 10-15 minutes yesterday. Can’t say he impressed me much at all. Only 1 game, of course, but a game of the sort where Hearts would want their better players to step up - and he didn’t.
The players who stood out to me yesterday were mostly Devlin, Boyce and Halkett because they could break the rules of the game with impunity.

I believe they will start to fall away because it is only against Rangers you can have 11 fouls and not be penalised. If they play like that versus anyone else they will consistently finish with 9 or 10 men and drop points. Or they have to play a more honest game which brings the games to a more level playing field.

Its not like they'll be allowed to pick up points playing like that every week.

Devlin in particular should have been red carded 2 to 3 times over.

From memory he was carded fairly early yesterday which probably curtailed him a bit too. But yes, by and large our midfield ran the show. Doesn’t mean to say that if he had been in our side he wouldn’t have a decent game.

The players who stood out to me yesterday were mostly Devlin, Boyce and Halkett because they could break the rules of the game with impunity.

I believe they will start to fall away because it is only against Rangers you can have 11 fouls and not be penalised. If they play like that versus anyone else they will consistently finish with 9 or 10 men and drop points. Or they have to play a more honest game which brings the games to a more level playing field.

Was Devlin their number 14? Wee guy? Reminded me of Ian Black.

Was Devlin their number 14? Wee guy? Reminded me of Ian Black.
Yes, though I had to look it up

Which makes me realise something else, because I only noticed this incident by the players number. Devlin took a nasty wee dive in the middle of the field in the 2nd half trying to fake that he'd been hit in the head by Lundstram's arm/elbow.

Horrible wee shite.

I’ve been impressed by Baningime in the few games I’ve seen him in this season and was watching him closely yesterday. He was largely anonymous until the last 15 minutes when they started chasing a point.

Devlin caused us more problems but is a persistent fouler and he’ll end up suspended for half the season.

I wasn't overly impressed he keeps the ball well and done a lot of 360 turns with the ball to keep it, need to see how he does over the season but he is a decent player.

Was very impressed with him and Woodburn today. Baningime looks to have a touch of Kamara about him with the way he uses his body shape and quick feet to get out of tight situations.
To be honest, I did‘t really notice him at all. Same for Woodburn. The Hearts players who stood out were Gordon for his saves, Kingsley and Boyce for their efforts, and Devin for the number of fouls he committed.

This would make more sense if they weren't just one point behind us going into the game.

Heard rave reviews about him, didn't do anything of note for me. 1 game so might be harsh but didn't look anything special.

He was anonymous for most of the game yesterday. I was impressed with him in their games against Hibs and Celtic. Definitely worth keeping an eye on and assess over a season and not just 2 or 3 games.

Very like Kamara, but obviously not on his level at all. We have Glen, so don’t need this guy.

Fuchs on a free would be a better option, if we’re looking at SPFL. Industrious wee player and been impressed by him.

Back