Beni Baningime

The amount of interceptions he made on his debut was unreal. He was comfortably the best player on the park that night. Good again, today.

I like him.

I really like him worth keeping an eye on, and also Woodburn is out of contract end of the season so could be a low cost option

Hearts have come on a lot since they played us. Baningime looks very good woodburn too. They are better than the scvm.

Could offer them Ryan Jack and/or Lundstram as part of an exchange deal.

You are aware you are talking about two human beings here? We can't just trade them like Pokemon cards. I highly doubt Hearts could afford to offer either of them a wage, never mind both of them. I also suspect neither of those players would want to move to Hearts tbh.

Could offer them Ryan Jack and/or Lundstram as part of an exchange deal.
giphy.gif

He looks very very decent, has a great football education in him as well having spent time at Everton, like Kamara he just looks like what you would expect a football player to look like in terms of base skill and technique.

Hibs keeper as well looked decent, think he was at Arsenal before?

Sadly looks like we will need a new keeper in the next 12 months with McGregor finishing up.
we have a ready made replacement in our second choice keeper and his back up is also already at the club

Remember it also depends on what his wage is. If he is on pennies then he won't be worth multiple millions unless hearts start paying him 15 - 20k a week
If he’s under contract his salary is irrelevant.
Hearts could demand any fee they want.
Obviously they will have a price I mind but after watching him stroll the game against Celtic (absolutely dominate the midfield), and if he continues in that form the price won’t be shy of £4-5million

Easy now! lol

He's 23, played 16 games in a first team in total his entire career, including spells where he was on loan to championship teams for half a season each, a total of 1 and 2 games each time.

He's had a decent couple of games, most players do!!

Let's not get carried away, and just continue to monitor, that's all we should be doing.

Easy now! lol

He's 23, played 16 games in a first team in total his entire career, including spells where he was on loan to championship teams for half a season each, a total of 1 and 2 games each time.

He's had a decent couple of games, most players do!!

Let's not get carried away, and just continue to monitor, that's all we should be doing.
That’s exactly it people are going mental that our own Jack Simpson has only played 20 odd pro games at 24

this lad is 23 and had played 12 games - however, I have liked what I have seen so far and if he continues to play as he has in the games I have seen him (yesterday / Celtic) he won’t be at Hearts for long.

Defo at the Kamara level when we acquired him, our coaching team could elevate him to the next level. Could be worth a punt, one to watch.

This is the type of player we should be bringing in..grow them and give them experience in Europe and make a profit on them

I get that could be our direction but for me McLaughlin isn't good enough to be our number 1 imo. If we go from McGregor to him it would be a step down in quality.
I have yet to see McLaughlin make a single mistake in a rangers jersey what gives u in the impression he isn’t good enough?
Granted I don’t think he is as good as McGregor but I still believe we have the 2 best Scottish goalkeepers and the 2 best keepers in the league

Only seen Hearts play twice this season against Celtic and Hibs but this boy has been a standout. Lots of potential. Hearts brought him in from Everton at start of season on a nominal fee.

One worth us monitoring in my opinion. Looks a player.
Was thinking this yesterday. Guy looks a very good player.

I have yet to see McLaughlin make a single mistake in a rangers jersey what gives u in the impression he isn’t good enough?
Granted I don’t think he is as good as McGregor but I still believe we have the 2 best Scottish goalkeepers and the 2 best keepers in the league
Correct on all fronts.

His first mistake in a Rangers jersey was on Saturday though, when he came out and gave away a free kick and picked up a booking. He's usually good at 'sweeper keeping' but he timed that one wrong.

Correct on all fronts.

His first mistake in a Rangers jersey was on Saturday though, when he came out and gave away a free kick and picked up a booking. He's usually good at 'sweeper keeping' but he timed that one wrong.

For a second I thought Collum was going to send him off for that

Yeah he's not made any mistakes I just don't think he's in the same class as McGregor. When you think of big McGregor moments over the past year I don't think McLaughlin makes the moments. He reminds of Neil Alexander, capable and very good but I think for Europe and CL you want a real elite keeper who can win you those games.

McLaughlin and McGregor and both very good keepers, McLaughlin is very much a good modern keeper, reads the game very well and his distribution is quick and accurate.

but even though he isn’t as well rounded as most top keepers these days he makes up for it as his shot stopping is world class and has been vital for us especially in Europe.

Haven't seen him personally but apparently was sensational against the filth. Another poster was mentioning a lad from County as well. A market we need to make sure we're on top of.

How was Ben Woodburn today for those who watched the game? Was surprised Hearts got him.

I watched the hearts v filth game I wouldn’t have said anyone was sensational, both looked like pub teams to be honest and I couldn’t have even told you he was playing.

Kelly was sensational at times at Ross County at times last season, he hardly makes our bench.
The amount of interceptions he made on his debut was unreal. He was comfortably the best player on the park that night. Good again, today.

I like him.

Hearts had a good 15 min start, they would have been fortunate to draw the game never mind steal it in the end. They offered nothing going forward, at home Hearts had 26% possession they made 216 passes compared to 632 for Celtic.

If he’s under contract his salary is irrelevant.
Hearts could demand any fee they want.
Obviously they will have a price I mind but after watching him stroll the game against Celtic (absolutely dominate the midfield), and if he continues in that form the price won’t be shy of £4-5million

celtic had 72% possession against Hearts at home the other week I never saw the game but they stats don’t suggest anyone in a Hearts jersey dominated anything

I watched the hearts v filth game I wouldn’t have said anyone was sensational, both looked like pub teams to be honest and I couldn’t have even told you he was playing.

Kelly was sensational at times at Ross County at times last season, he hardly makes our bench.

Hearts had a good 15 min start, they would have been fortunate to draw the game never mind steal it in the end. They offered nothing going forward, at home Hearts had 26% possession they made 216 passes compared to 632 for Celtic.

celtic had 72% possession against Hearts at home the other week I never saw the game but they stats don’t suggest anyone in a Hearts jersey dominated anything

He was sensational against Celtic with regards to tackles, breaking up play, winning the ball back and finding a teammate.

If you couldn't see that then you are blind. Not his fault the rest of his team couldn't keep possession.

Correct on all fronts.

I’ll let him off with it look at McGregors record in the book

Yeah he's not made any mistakes I just don't think he's in the same class as McGregor. When you think of big McGregor moments over the past year I don't think McLaughlin makes the moments. He reminds of Neil Alexander, capable and very good but I think for Europe and CL you want a real elite keeper who can win you those games.
Don’t think he’s been called on to make those big moments tho as McGregor has been there but any time he’s asked to make saves he dose with distinction

The following isn't an argument for us signing him as I've barely seen the guy but Celtic has 66% of possession in the last game against us and we dominated lots of areas against them especially in the second half.

Possession stats aren't a particularly great insight into much. Chelsea won the CL final comfortably recently with 39% possession.

They definitely aren't a tool to assess individual players.

Thought we overran them at first and he was nowhere near our midfielders. He's tidy on the ball and improved as the game went on though.

Would need to see more of him.

Thought we overran them at first and he was nowhere near our midfielders. He's tidy on the ball and improved as the game went on though.

Would need to see more of him.
I thought he was anonymous until the last 10-15 minutes yesterday. Can’t say he impressed me much at all. Only 1 game, of course, but a game of the sort where Hearts would want their better players to step up - and he didn’t.

I thought he was anonymous until the last 10-15 minutes yesterday. Can’t say he impressed me much at all. Only 1 game, of course, but a game of the sort where Hearts would want their better players to step up - and he didn’t.

He definitely grew into the game. I thought he did some nice stuff in the second half. But as you say was completely overran and anonymous for more than 50% of the match.

He was chasing shadows yesterday but he was up against 3 quality midfielders. Still tidy and composed on the ball

He was nice and tidy yesterday - nothing spectacular - but I have seen enough already to know he’s a talent.

Still very much in the mould of Kamara.

I was impressed by him. Very good close control and was calm even when our midfield were pressing him.

Reminds me a lot of Kamara in both physique and playing style.

Back