Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what people’s feeling would be with regards to tiers if the TC was separate and my Gers points were lost.

I’d imagine it would have an effect on the number of points those currently in gold would have with regards to domestic tickets.

I know there are a few posters who would rather have Euro tickets compared to myself who would rather have domestic.
I would love it. It be able to plan euro trips with the guys I go with who are no longer guaranteed tickets and I’d still be near the top of a domestic points system

Yes, that’s what I’ve campaigned for from the start.

Have mygers as a membership scheme for discounts, meeting players, training days, perks like that. You could keep hampden games included in the mygers thing as it’s a bigger allocation

If you want access to away tickets you pay extra, for example;

Domestic aways - extra £30
TC games - extra £20

Genuine travellers would begrudgingly pay it. I asked right at the start why they didn’t just have an entry fee to away cccs and got told the club didn’t want to do that - I’ll ask you, why do you think they didn’t want it? Reading between the lines and knowing everything about mygers that’s came to
Light, it’s obviously because they want everyone to keep buying crap they don’t want with the idea they’ll climb the rankings
The real fun for Mygers members will start when we play Celtic in a domestic cup final probably quite soon actually.

Also when we draw a really “big” name in Europe.

The real fun for Mygers members will start when we play Celtic in a domestic cup final probably quite soon actually.

Also when we draw a really “big” name in Europe.
My understanding is hampden is top down too

Rangers should have definitely made the TC separate from MyGers, they could have quite easily charged a fee of say £20 over and above the Mygers fee and I have no doubt the European campaigners would have paid it.
On another note I still can’t work out why the TO is still closed and still not even taking calls. Rangers who are always looking for ways to make money have missed a trick here.Just think of the money they would have coined in if they had a dedicated premium call number.

major clubs in England have a loyalty scheme that is essentially top down in the most part however Rangers wanted to implement a hybrid for a variety of reasons;

- give the pretence that all members have a chance at away tickets (even though the % chance of success in silver/bronze can be less than 1%)
- give the impression all ST holding members can apply for euro aways (even though it’s top down)
- they wanted to avoid a closed shop (which its become for European aways and to a lesser extent domestics, as the number of members getting up to gold will be minimal

They tried to be too clever and thought they’d introduced a wonderful scheme however it lasted 1 away game before it was changed. They’ve played on fans goodwill and loyalty and shit is starting to hit the fan as there’s more and more discontent from people as they now understand the difficulties of accessing tickets

This loyalty scheme will fall on its arse eventually however short term, I fully expect membership numbers to drop next season. In all seriousness, why would you renew if you were bronze or silver?
mate you've raised a lot of good points after the event and as i asked you yesterday were you at any of the 2 fan meetings in the 2-3 days prior to Braga home game , as i can assure you all points of what could go wrong were raised and that was fans that were concerned about domestic away games fans interested in Euro away games and probably the majority concerned about both .

the clubs only real concern was implementing a membership scheme as they'd studied all current club schemes in the UK plus getting a way that was aimed at fans like myself who buy a ST but can only attend 50% of a season but to get them to put it on a seatsub type scheme and get rewarded for doing so ( MyGers points & 50% of market value) because there is a waiting list for STs

You didn’t always get points if you were unsuccessful but it’s not feasible to give everyone points
Was for as long as I was in it, just feel like if there isn’t any points rewarded it just furthers that gap more and more. Completely agree with what you said about mygers.

Absolute shambles and the fact our so called SLO picks and chooses the questions he replied to is ridiculous. That’s him and my gers ignored me with multiple emails asking valid questions.

mate you've raised a lot of good points after the event and as i asked you yesterday were you at any of the 2 fan meetings in the 2-3 days prior to Braga home game , as i can assure you all points of what could go wrong were raised and that was fans that were concerned about domestic away games fans interested in Euro away games and probably the majority concerned about both .

the clubs only real concern was implementing a membership scheme as they'd studied all current club schemes in the UK and of getting a way that was aimed at fans like myself who buy a ST but can only attend 50% of a season but to get them to put it on a seatsub type scheme and get rewarded for doing so ( MyGers points & 50% of market value) because there is a waiting list for STs
I wasn’t at a Braga focus group however I’ve attended another group meeting on MyGers.

I made these arguments long before it was actually implemented mate. I can also remember telling the club officials at the meeting that first come, first served would be a disaster unless it was buying windows like the old TC method of buying. Others at the meeting were in agreement with me however most wanted a top down and had other slants (namely RSCs and how they’d be impacted).

I suggested a ballot within tiers (whats now been implemented) and was told the club wouldn’t do it for a few reasons; encourages people to apply for everything, people should only buy what they want and the ballots unfair as it’s random. Look what’s been implemented now :D

Sorry that was a long answer to your question

Last edited by a moderator:
Was for as long as I was in it, just feel like if there isn’t any points rewarded it just furthers that gap more and more. Completely agree with what you said about mygers.

Absolute shambles and the fact our so called SLO picks and chooses the questions he replied to is ridiculous. That’s him and my gers ignored me with multiple emails asking valid questions.
Mygers mail box is a disgrace. Any contentious questions go unanswered for weeks, they think if they delete them people will forget

I wasn’t at a Braga focus group however I’ve attended another group meeting on MyGers. Concerns were raised at it and feedback re Warburton first season/away games in that season were considered due to the boycott

I made these arguments long before it was actually implemented mate. I can also remember telling the club officials at the meeting that first come, first served would be a disaster unless it was buying windows like the old TC method of buying. Others at the meeting were in agreement with me however most wanted a top down and had other slants (namely RSCs and how they’d be impacted)

Sorry that was a long answer to your question
not at all its exactly how it was , club wants £1million + a season for doing a job they used to get £100,000+ ( Travel club membership ) but have added incentives as a lure

in regards to going back to Warburton era that was correct as i had gave up my season ticket that season before along with thousands in protest , at the focus group it was said they wanted a 3 year period but old travel club members wouldve been punished ( also a fair point ) hence the 5 yr period ............ bet you a £1 to a penny it'll move to a 3 year window shortly either in the summer 2022 or 2023

Last edited:
not at all its exactly how it was , club wants £1million + a season for doing a job they used to get £100,000+ ( Travel club membership ) but have added incentives as a lure

in regards to going back to Warburton era that was correct as i had gave up my season ticket that season along with thousands in protest , at the focus group it was said they wanted a 3 year period but old travel club members wouldve been punished ( also a fair point ) hence the 5 yr period ............ bet you a £1 to a penny it'll move to a 3 year window shortly either in the summer 2022 or 2023
I added another paragraph in as my response was vague.

I could write a report on the flaws of mygers and why it’s wrong but we’re 21 months deep and it won’t change. I’m trying to embrace it, with the odd moan, as I know I’m sorted for virtually everything now

The problem is the scheme.
If you give everyone 15 points when a European game comes round,then everyone applies and everyone moves forward by 15 points.
It is supposed to be a loyalty scheme but that doesn’t give any benefit to those who actually pay for a ticket and a their trip abroad (I do appreciate that many more would do this if they had access to tickets.)
Take away games domestically too.Those getting the tickets (again appreciate getting them) you currently don’t get any points added for buying and attending.
Apparently they will now get added at the end of the season.
To make MyGers more interesting and engaging,everyone should have their own MyGers dashboard that they can log into (easily) and see their points getting added along they way,not waiting months on end till they see where they stand.
It seems the only sure fire way of getting and accruing points is to buy programmes,champions wall,Edmiston House,RTV etc. they add the points for these,although not that quickly..
Always Rangers,always rewarded.
Rant over :))

I’ve yet to be at one of our games in 40 years where I haven’t seen tickets being sold on, and I include Manchester where folk were ripping of our own fans because folk were desperate.

No matter what system the Club comes up with it will be abused.

Its amazing the amount of tickets that ex-players manage to get their hands on and these gets sold on, similarly those the “corporate sponsors” get hold of.

First game of the season only half the season ticket holders were allowed in, within minutes folk unsuccessful were saying “it’s ok I’m sorted”. So folk were passing on tickets instead of seat sub for other loyal fans to have the opportunity of or is that ok just because there is no myGers points involved.

I ticked for all preseason friendlies, only got Arsenal originally so bought Brighton from someone else, they got myGers points I didn’t. There was 32 Brighton tickets for sale on here alone.

Folk seem a wee bit obsessed with myGers points.

I’ve yet to be at one of our games in 40 years where I haven’t seen tickets being sold on, and I include Manchester where folk were ripping of our own fans because folk were desperate.

No matter what system the Club comes up with it will be abused.

Its amazing the amount of tickets that ex-players manage to get their hands on and these gets sold on, similarly those the “corporate sponsors” get hold of.

First game of the season only half the season ticket holders were allowed in, within minutes folk unsuccessful were saying “it’s ok I’m sorted”. So folk were passing on tickets instead of seat sub for other loyal fans to have the opportunity of or is that ok just because there is no myGers points involved.

I ticked for all preseason friendlies, only got Arsenal originally so bought Brighton from someone else, they got myGers points I didn’t. There was 32 Brighton tickets for sale on here alone.

Folk seem a wee bit obsessed with myGers points.
Was Seatsub was available for the opening game v Livingston?

Then everyone applies, you’re still in the same position as you were before.

They’d be as well just giving 0 points to everyone in that case
Not everyone had an intention of going therefore wouldn’t have applied

Be interesting to see the number who applied, Brondby is a low allocation so for me it makes sense to give those who applied the points

One of the fundamental flaws with mygers is the continual changing of the goalposts and the creation of “ closed shop” where those in high points are guaranteed tickets for certain games and those at the lower levels have no chance of a ticket.

As Hampden is now top down as well as European aways those who only joined mygers for cup semis/finals and European aways will not renew.

It was sold as allocation for all tiers for all league games ( except ceptic) but has quickly changed to ballot and cat A games only for those with purchase history

Not everyone had an intention of going therefore wouldn’t have applied

Be interesting to see the number who applied, Brondby is a low allocation so for me it makes sense to give those who applied the points
That was more what I think would happen going forward. Could maybe do it for brondby but then Lyon comes round and 20000 apply knowing 18000 getting 15 points for nothing :D

Was Seatsub was available for the opening game v Livingston?

I can’t remember but did we not have to register an interest for the ballot ?

Kind of same thing.

So just like every away game this season folk registering with no intention of going ?

I can’t remember but did we not have to register an interest for the ballot ?

Kind of same thing.

So just like every away game this season folk registering with no intention of going ?
No,a ballot of every season ticket was done and half got in and half didn’t.
Nothing to do with away games this was a home game on everyone’s season ticket that everyone had paid for and half the season ticket holders were lucky and the other half were unlucky.
So not the same thing.

No,a ballot of every season ticket was done and half got in and half didn’t.
Nothing to do with away games this was a home game on everyone’s season ticket that everyone had paid for and half the season ticket holders were lucky and the other half were unlucky.
So not the same thing.

so passing on your ticket to some else is not the same ? Regardless of circumstances ?

There are folk with season tickets purely to go to big games, mainly Celtic. They pay their money they can do what they like seems to be the attitude on here whilst there are people looking for season tickets and never get a chance of Celtic.

As I said earlier folk only seem to want to have an issue when there is myGers points involved.

Tickets were passed around under the old TC system, tickets for Hampden were passed around under the old CCCS

It has always gone on, will always go on but folk want to whinge continuously about the odd Euro away ticket being passed around.

Yes, that’s what I’ve campaigned for from the start.

Have mygers as a membership scheme for discounts, meeting players, training days, perks like that. You could keep hampden games included in the mygers thing as it’s a bigger allocation

If you want access to away tickets you pay extra, for example;

Domestic aways - extra £30
TC games - extra £20

Genuine travellers would begrudgingly pay it. I asked right at the start why they didn’t just have an entry fee to away cccs and got told the club didn’t want to do that - I’ll ask you, why do you think they didn’t want it? Reading between the lines and knowing everything about mygers that’s came to
Light, it’s obviously because they want everyone to keep buying crap they don’t want with the idea they’ll climb the rankings
I would go further and say Indies collect your ticket in the city where playing and photo ID to be produced to get your ticket.

I would go further and say Indies collect your ticket in the city where playing and photo ID to be produced to get your ticket.
Yeah, I’ve said that countless times in the thread - should absolutely be city collection but others disagree

I agree with picking up in the city but Villarreal was brutal but think it was just because 5 or 6 supporters busses arrived at the same time and the weather was very warm and there was only 3 people giving them out. Ano there is no chance of Rangers being able to do this but could they message fans travelling to see when they are getting in the city/Town then give you an hour window to go collect?

I agree with picking up in the city but Villarreal was brutal but think it was just because 5 or 6 supporters busses arrived at the same time and the weather was very warm and there was only 3 people giving them out. Ano there is no chance of Rangers being able to do this but could they message fans travelling to see when they are getting in the city/Town then give you an hour window to go collect?
In Villarreal picking up the ticket was straightforward ( probably a 10 minute wait)

However I then retired across the road for a couple of beers and saw a number of buses arriving in quick succession which caused a longer wait

More and more people are starting to see MyGers for what it actually is, where as they were apathetic to it all before

Another few months of people not getting away games etc and there’ll be all sorts of complaints and it will get changed again. Club thought they were clever bringing in this shiny new system, the only problem is they clearly didn’t brain storm or think of potential issues

Quite funny from my perspective as i foreseen the issues
They should try employing people that know what it feels like to spend a fortune following their team, or have some sort of background in dealing with tickets, they have basically replaced a system that worked with one that's flawed.

The clowns making the decisions don't have a clue simple as that.

They should try employing people that know what it feels like to spend a fortune following their team, or have some sort of background in dealing with tickets, they have basically replaced a system that worked with one that's flawed.

The clowns making the decisions don't have a clue simple as that.
Well, the commercial dept employee follows the team home/away/abroad so they clearly know what issues it’s creating. Probably the reason I couldn’t ever work for Rangers in a professional capacity as I’d know how the business decisions would impact fans like myself

In Villarreal picking up the ticket was straightforward ( probably a 10 minute wait)

However I then retired across the road for a couple of beers and saw a number of buses arriving in quick succession which caused a longer wait

I don’t think folk appreciate the scale of trying to check 1,400 folks id, find and issue their tickets, it’s not a 2 minute job.

Can folk remember how long it takes to actually get in to a stadium and all you are doing is handing over a ticket, triple that time and some, how long did we wait to get in Villarreal, Porto Feyenoord, even the other week Dundee to name a few.

Villarreal pick up was a shambles.

For me Progres first time round was equally as bad, arrived just after 2 buses, young team obviously on it the entire journey, stoating off bus still drinking buckfast, gets up stairs to desk half them have left id on bus, a couple of hours of my life I was never getting back.

no thanks I’d rather have them posted or collect from Ibrox and use the money saved from the staff jolly to improve the ticketing operations.

I don’t think folk appreciate the scale of trying to check 1,400 folks id, find and issue their tickets, it’s not a 2 minute job.

Can folk remember how long it takes to actually get in to a stadium and all you are doing is handing over a ticket, triple that time and some, how long did we wait to get in Villarreal, Porto Feyenoord, even the other week Dundee to name a few.

Villarreal pick up was a shambles.

For me Progres first time round was equally as bad, arrived just after 2 buses, young team obviously on it the entire journey, stoating off bus still drinking buckfast, gets up stairs to desk half them have left id on bus, a couple of hours of my life I was never getting back.

no thanks I’d rather have them posted or collect from Ibrox and use the money saved from the staff jolly to improve the ticketing operations.
Villareal was ashambles to be fair aye, any other time I've collected tickets abroad it's been absolutely fine though.

What you've now got is people buying tickets with no intention of going, just for the points and passing them onto mates, defeats the purpose of a loyalty system and puts those at the top of the ladder even higher without even attending a match.

I would have missed out on an Indy ticket despite having done 10 European away matches in the past few seasons and there's loads of people in that situation.

What's it going to come to? Everyone buying home end tickets and f*cking MyGers off? It needs looked at badly, MyGers is clearly here to stay but there's no reason why small changes can't be made.

Unless things change I won't be joining again. No way am I paying £40 for a box of tat.

This was supposed to be brought in to stop people buying tickets and selling on but it's done nothing to change that and at 15 points a time for euro tickets people would be daft not to buy and sell on if they can get away with it.

This means that people will need to buy additional rubbish to climb the top down ladder as tiers don't matter for euros. And it"s not just a money making scheme they say
“This was supposed to be brought in to stop people buying tickets and selling on” How was Mygers supposed to stop this exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back