Broomloan Collective has been launched, a new body to represent the active Rangers support

News in to the Uber fans,some people like going to the match just to watch the football.Jumping about like a looney for ninety minutes doesn’t appeal to some people of a certain age.

And that is why we must have separate areas for those that like "jumping about like a looney for ninety minutes" and those that go to the match "just to watch the football".

And by the way Im "of a certain age" and still love being part of the crowd that creates the atmosphere.

And that is why we must have separate areas for those that like "jumping about like a looney for ninety minutes" and those that go to the match "just to watch the football".

And by the way Im "of a certain age" and still love being part of the crowd that creates the atmosphere.
Correct. Nobody is saying they can’t just enjoy the football, but don’t stop the ones who want to create atmosphere doing so. Would love to see the UB more centrally in the Broomloan and safe standing implemented but sadly you’ll always get the ‘I’ve sat here for x amount of years’ brigade complaining they have to move

The collectives work all over Europe. It’s not a replacement, splitter group or rival group to any current group already in place. Look at the curvas in Italy, that is usually a mix of smaller groups under the one banner.

Let's not derail the thread over squabbles.

More info will follow very soon from BC.

The project will be inclusive of all supporters who want to be part of the active support and atmosphere at Ibrox and the presence will no doubt continue at away games.

There's no move imminent for UB so no point wasting time on hypothetical situations.

From what I understand, UB will be heavily involved as will others outside the group.

All the very best to Broomloan Collective in taking the Ibrox atmosphere to the next level.
Well said. I’m not sure it’s a tough concept to understand but somehow people are turning it in to something it’s not.

Great news and hopefully gets off to a productive start.

Reading between the lines, "active" seems to be a common word used. I am assuming active refers to those who will be willing to sing the 90 and lead not follow singing and visuals wise. Makes sense to me in that regard.

You then would have your counter to active fans, passive fans. I am probably somewhere in the middle, can sing, will sing, but also enjoy sitting watching the game and talking through it with mates beside me. The action on the pitch mostly drives my engagement with singing and cheering.

I am all for this umbrella group, but I really don't want it to be a vehicle for any sort of divide between active and passive fans or it becoming a stick to beat those who lean more to passive than active. We all count.

That being said. I would really urge anyone who is a fan that is in the new proposed area they are trying to setup, and you are just really not up for singing or playing an active part in the plans here, please consider what you moving may mean for the wider Ibrox atmosphere.

Moving seats could really facilitate a huge improvement to the Ibrox atmosphere. The type of atmosphere and visual experience that we could all benefit from. Raise the bar for an atmosphere that on occasion is already untouchable.

I am not a UB, or have any skin in the game. I just want us to have a more meaningful section for those who actively want to engage with the team through 90 minutes.

That's why I back this. And I would move for it.

Good luck with this. it may be an idea if those that in charge information informing all members their rights if the police are heavy-handed with them and that if they see fellow members being hassled by police to all get their mobiles out and film everything so, they always have evidence to back up their fellow members

Good luck with this. it may be an idea if those that in charge information informing all members their rights if the police are heavy-handed with them and that if they see fellow members being hassled by police to all get their mobiles out and film everything so, they always have evidence to back up their fellow members
UB also use the same lawyer for their members cases so I think if required there would be advice given.

Back