Broomloan Collective has been launched, a new body to represent the active Rangers support

I used to sit in GF and people would cry at misplaced passes and abuse the players. You could literally hear sweety wrappers opening.

This was mid 00s and thankfully TBO were about to generate some atmosphere, albeit no where near as good as it is now.

Of course people are still supporting but they’re not driving the team on if they’re sitting in silence. Our away support backs the team vocally for majority of away games then we get to Ibrox and it’s a library
It's always been like that with the home v away games.

I’m not talking pish though.

I bet if you asked the players and Gerrard, where would they rather be shooting second half? they would say broomie.

You do realise that when Tav wins the toss he can choose to shoot to whichever stand he wants?

Unless you think he loses a 50/50 coin toss every home game and gets forced to shoot towards the Broomie first half?

If so, then I wank dugs really would be appropriate.

Is there a way that you can ignore notifications on certain posts? I can’t be arsed with a shit load of Copland road supporters giving me grief when I wake up in the morning.:))

Having a system if possible, where they could get a lot of the fans sitting with their mates every week would be a help.

There used to be around 15 of us who had season tickets for the west enclosure, stood at the same place every game as others did and we all got to know each other. This is one of the changes I never liked. Being with your mates pre game having a few, then going your separate ways at the stadium.

If there was say a system that worked like this for whole of the bf, then I think that would help.

This is a UB project as stated in leaflet. Why the need for another name for the same thing?

The Union Bears get a lot of bad press in Scotland. Especially after the recent 'Famine Song' episode a month or so ago. Maybe it's to make it more palatable for the club to publicly deal with the new group which could lead to more fruitful discussions. A dropping of past baggage if you will. Also allows them to operate as a more media savvy outfit, freeing up the Union Bears lads to do what they do best, which is generate an atmosphere at Ibrox.

That's pure conjecture on my part. However the Green Brigade have done similar, they now operate publicly as the North Curve. Which I believe, was down in part to the blowback from the Brendan Rodgers IRA inspired banners during a CL qualifier against Linfield a few years ago.

This is a UB project as stated in leaflet. Why the need for another name for the same thing?
It’s a Collective, this includes supporters in the Broomloan who aren’t in the UB. The UB are apart of the Broomloan Collective, it acts as an organisation that represents all other fans/fan groups within the Broomloan Front Section of Ibrox. That’s the whole point. It’s to allow supporters the chance to participate within the Ibrox Fanscene.

Having a system if possible, where they could get a lot of the fans sitting with their mates every week would be a help.

There used to be around 15 of us who had season tickets for the west enclosure, stood at the same place every game as others did and we all got to know each other. This is one of the changes I never liked. Being with your mates pre game having a few, then going your separate ways at the stadium.

If there was say a system that worked like this for whole of the bf, then I think that would help.

Rover tickets. Leave a few seats spare to make sure there isnt a problem finding a seat on match days.

This season the atmosphere seems to be a little better and more consistent from BF2 and BF3 joining in with BF1 and the UB. Even for Motherwell and Livingston In cup these 3 sections were standing which wasn't case in recent seasons.

News in to the Uber fans,some people like going to the match just to watch the football.Jumping about like a looney for ninety minutes doesn’t appeal to some people of a certain age.

Any thing that improves the atmosphere at Ibrox is welcomed by me. Good luck to the Copland Collective, but we’ve all got a part to play on match day.

We should start shooting second half in the broomie then, I don’t really like seeing us score important winners at the Copland anymore and see a few just clapping and smiling.

Score a last minute winner at the broomie end and it would be bedlam with the players and fans.
Maybe get your wish today if Hearts win the coin toss but Rangers are not going to change a club tradition to suit a few fans in the Broomloan

Let's not derail the thread over squabbles.

More info will follow very soon from BC.

The project will be inclusive of all supporters who want to be part of the active support and atmosphere at Ibrox and the presence will no doubt continue at away games.

There's no move imminent for UB so no point wasting time on hypothetical situations.

From what I understand, UB will be heavily involved as will others outside the group.

All the very best to Broomloan Collective in taking the Ibrox atmosphere to the next level.
I honestly wish they could do something about the Copland? The traditional Rangers end is now the quietest part of the stadium.
I’m of similar age to yourself buddy and I get what you’re saying but there comes a time when you need to realise that times move on, whilst it’s still the case that when the Copland sings, Ibrox sings these instances are fewer and further between.

The Broomloan has been the epicentre of the noise generated at Ibrox for 20 years now and the fact that Celtic fans no longer pollute the broomloan cements that end as the Rangers end. In another 20 years weans will look at you as if you’re babbling when you tell them that the Copland used to be the rangers end.

Best of British to the Broomloan Collective.

I think you maybe need to read his post again
he says
“That's bollocks, the Copland gives as good as the rest of the stadium BF1 apart.”

The rest of the BF can’t hang onto the coat tails of BF1 and claim to be painting flags and banners by hand and constantly cheering the team on. That’s fantasy.
There’s only 1 section in the entire stadium that does that. BF1, the rest are frankly an embarrassment when it comes to supporting the team vocally.
Ibrox has the best atmosphere in British football though so can’t be down to one section surely!

Are TBO involved in the running of the group alongside the UB?

If so, who’s going to be looking after finances for it? UB or TBO?

I’ll likely join as a donation as I’m already in standing section anyway
members of the UB mate. Funds be kept seperate

Last edited:
News in to the Uber fans,some people like going to the match just to watch the football.Jumping about like a looney for ninety minutes doesn’t appeal to some people of a certain age.
thats why there should be a designated safe standing section then for those who do

Good luck to these guys, I'd imagine in time when safe standing eventually comes to us it would be in the BF.

They're already the only active section of the stadium as it is so i look forward to seeing / hearing what these guys can do to build upon it.

All the best.

No bother big man. Nobody is more important but ffs the fans that back the team for 90 mins non stop obviously have more respect from players and management.
You think so, there is an old guy who sits next to me in the Copland.

He has been coming to Ibrox for over 65 years

No one said you have to jump about like a ‘looney’.

If this collective gets the UB behind the goals with BF being totally safe standing with the funds going towards flags, banners, scarfs, t shirts etc it will be the best stand in the U.K. by miles. Rapid Vienna at home display is how BF should look almost all the time.

Another thought, could BC members essentially vote and pay for safe standing? Would Rangers entertain that?

It's not easy getting a project like this off the ground.

Good luck going forward and well done for taking the initiative and actually getting something done.

Don’t understand how ‘active support’ doesn’t include everyone who pays their hard earned cash for a season ticket, labelling some as inactive doesn’t help your cause.
‘Support’ doesn’t just mean turning up.

If you turn up and scream abuse for nigh on 90 minutes, do you class that as supporting? If so, some people clearly have a very different definition of support.

Thats the sort of attitude that the above probably have too. They’ve paid their money so they can do whatever they please. Extremely narrow minded.

We should start shooting second half in the broomie then, I don’t really like seeing us score important winners at the Copland anymore and see a few just clapping and smiling.

Score a last minute winner at the broomie end and it would be bedlam with the players and fans.
Caught much today?

It's a great idea and hopefully a step to where we want to be. Standing is widespresd in the BF anyway so if you want to stand and make noise then get a move to the BF.

Good luck lads,Anything that ups the atmosphere should be welcomed,The Copland lost the right to be considered the Rangers singing section decades ago but if your up for the fight to win it back carry on.

Clearly we need to settle this in the tradition of the highland clans - the Copland and the Broomland to choose 30 champions from each, and the two groups, armed with claymores, to clash at half time in the centre circle of the pitch. The winner will be eternally crowned The Rangers End.

Sounds a good idea in principle. I’m all for more people getting involved and making Ibrox a better place on match day.
I am in BF4 myself, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Back