Broomloan Collective has been launched, a new body to represent the active Rangers support

Let's not derail the thread over squabbles.

More info will follow very soon from BC.

The project will be inclusive of all supporters who want to be part of the active support and atmosphere at Ibrox and the presence will no doubt continue at away games.

There's no move imminent for UB so no point wasting time on hypothetical situations.

From what I understand, UB will be heavily involved as will others outside the group.

All the very best to Broomloan Collective in taking the Ibrox atmosphere to the next level.
Are TBO involved in the running of the group alongside the UB?

If so, who’s going to be looking after finances for it? UB or TBO?

I’ll likely join as a donation as I’m already in standing section anyway

You’ve insinuated that it would be unfair if people end up being scattered about to satisfy superior fans but it would be ok if it was GE?

Unsure on exact numbers but are corners not 1,100 seats approx? Im sure the UB BF1 section of seats is circa 500. So basically they would get scattered around the BF?
I didn't insinuate anything like it.

You’ve insinuated that it would be unfair if people end up being scattered about to satisfy superior fans but it would be ok if it was GE?

Unsure on exact numbers but are corners not 1,100 seats approx? Im sure the UB BF1 section of seats is circa 500. So basically they would get scattered around the BF?
Most folk in the Broomloan would be involved in the Broomloan Collective. UB would be then granted a move centrally as it makes sense considering every chant started in the stadium is by the Capo with the megaphone. Those behind the goals can still be in the Broomloan Front and everyone is happy. That’s probably the best thing on the horizon.

They’ll be things such as scarves included so it creates a more vibrant atmosphere across the stand as well.

Do you even go to the games? Who starts every single chant? Standing for 90 minutes constantly cheering the team on, creating and painting flags and banners by hand? The Copland?
I think you maybe need to read his post again
he says
“That's bollocks, the Copland gives as good as the rest of the stadium BF1 apart.”

The rest of the BF can’t hang onto the coat tails of BF1 and claim to be painting flags and banners by hand and constantly cheering the team on. That’s fantasy.
There’s only 1 section in the entire stadium that does that. BF1, the rest are frankly an embarrassment when it comes to supporting the team vocally.

That's bollocks, the Copland gives as good as the rest of the stadium BF1 apart. The UB effect may spread into BF2 but it fizzles out very quickly
In fairness, the stadium holds 50,000 and at least 47,000 are mutes for the majority of games

Big games in Europe when the Copland is up for it is unreal. I’ve stood in BF1 and our songs being drowned out by Copland/Govan getting started - normally Derry’s walls

There is no other stand! Copland stand is THE stand, all other stands pale in significance to the might of the Copland.

only 2 years ago your great stand held thousands of green and grey mhokits twice a season! wouldn’t get that shite in the Copland
I don’t sit in the broomie :)) I was west enclosure for 20 years.

I think you maybe need to read his post again
he says
“That's bollocks, the Copland gives as good as the rest of the stadium BF1 apart.”

The rest of the BF can’t hang onto the coat tails of BF1 and claim to be painting flags and banners by hand and constantly cheering the team on. That’s fantasy.
There’s only 1 section in the entire stadium that does that. BF1, the rest are frankly an embarrassment when it comes to supporting the team vocally.
I apologise but I agree with you, the Broomloan Collective’s aim seems to be that and improve the atmosphere overall in the stadium.

So many sensitive wee souls that can’t admit that the Copland is no longer the Copland that it used to be.

Equally, yelling "you should move because you're shite and don't sing and jump about" at Copland season ticket holders probably isn't the best way to get them on board with any changes.

UB have no connection to TBO anymore this ended a decade ago and then TBO moved to BF5. I would say TBO aren’t even active anymore apart from their banner still being up at games but the original UB did come from TBO.

I would presume UB but it’ll be a separate fund, you often see that with other groups around Europe but that’s my guess.

You’re fucking delusional.

I sit in CF4 and back the team for 90 minutes, just because I don’t have a blurry face and a black jumper doesn’t make me have less respect than you do and it’s this attitude that puts people off you.
CF4 loyal

In fact i have a picture of me screaming when Morelos scored the winner against Hibs, albeit I look angry but still

TBO is finished, gone. Those with a keen eye will have noticed there has been no group banner this season.

In reality, as an 'active' group it had been defunct for a few years.

A few lads, like minded Bears remain standing together enjoying the game and a sing song in BF5 and I'm sure this initiative will be of interest.

I cant answer anything else on BC as I haven't been involved with the set-up or plans, I just had a quick chat tonight with one of the lads before I put out the launch info, in my Tweet/post.

Equally, yelling "you should move because you're shite and don't sing and jump about" at Copland season ticket holders probably isn't the best way to get them on board with any changes.
I’ve never once said that though my first post in this thread was wishing we had the same hunger for groups to do ones in the Copland similar to the broomloan.

Surely all the fans are active or are we grading everyone now?
Active in the terms this will mean is displays, singing ect like was mentioned in the original post. Don’t think they meant to divide people into two separate groups of ‘active’ and ‘not active’

Buttering them up and telling them they’re amazing wouldn’t work either

Obviously they’ll be resistant to change, I understand why they wouldn’t want to move but the club can move whoever they want for operational reasons.

For what it’s worth, I don’t foresee safestanding in Copland happening at Ibrox. If anything the club either needs to give up Ibrox suite as hospitality or it’ll be in GW corner and some changes to the BF concourse will be made to house away fans

We should start shooting second half in the broomie then, I don’t really like seeing us score important winners at the Copland anymore and see a few just clapping and smiling.

Score a last minute winner at the broomie end and it would be bedlam with the players and fans.
What a feed of pish. You dont like seeing us score important goals at the Copland end. Would you rather we didn't score? I'll pay particular attention to the Broomie tomorrow , see how to celebrate a goal and find out where I've been going wrong for the last 55 years.

Would you say that any fan at all that moans and groans during the game isn't supporting the team?

you’re completely missing the point and deliberately trying to nit pick and find problems where there are none.

They’re clearly stating in the statement that like minded people who want to create an atmosphere should join the initiative.

Nothing else, that’s all they’re saying.

We should start shooting second half in the broomie then, I don’t really like seeing us score important winners at the Copland anymore and see a few just clapping and smiling.

Score a last minute winner at the broomie end and it would be bedlam with the players and fans.

Lol

What a feed of pish. You dont like seeing us score important goals at the Copland end. Would you rather we didn't score? I'll pay particular attention to the Broomie tomorrow , see how to celebrate a goal and find out where I've been going wrong for the last 55 years.
Worded atrociously I agree but watching Morelos score that winner a fee weeks ago and a few sections in Copland front was like a tourist section in a premier league ground.

Would you say that any fan at all that moans and groans during the game isn't supporting the team?
I used to sit in GF and people would cry at misplaced passes and abuse the players. You could literally hear sweety wrappers opening.

This was mid 00s and thankfully TBO were about to generate some atmosphere, albeit no where near as good as it is now.

Of course people are still supporting but they’re not driving the team on if they’re sitting in silence. Our away support backs the team vocally for majority of away games then we get to Ibrox and it’s a library

Listen I just want a great atmosphere at Ibrox and I feel we don’t get it, maybe I’ve been harsh on the Copland rd stand but I want a full Ibrox rocking not just 4-8 games a season.

One section isn't. Other sections join then quickly drop off unless Europe or Celtic like the majority of stadium. Atmosphere as whole needs improved but this wild idea that all the broamloan sing is simply laughable
True but I’d imagine there is a lot of younger or older people who want to join the UB but due to where they are they’ll struggle to get any bigger. If they move more centrally that’d allow for a bigger Union Bears section which would help spread the atmosphere in my opinion

A lot of Copland bashing going.

The smell of the unwashed sitting in the Broomloan is similar to the toxic waste at Chernobyl, it will be there for centuries and the folk there know it. B-)

One of the reasons the UBs wanted to move to the Copland.

Seriously anything that will improve the atmosphere is welcome.

FBxQEdmWEAU2bL6

you’re completely missing the point and deliberately trying to nit pick and find problems where there are none.

They’re clearly stating in the statement that like minded people who want to create an atmosphere should join the initiative.

Nothing else, that’s all they’re saying.
I'm not missing any point or nit picking, I have no issues at all with the statement or the intentions of those making it.

Back