Cantwell (Again)

He’s definitely got an issue with staying disciplined and carrying out the managers instructions that much is true. He really needs to sort it or I suspect he’ll be advised to get his agent to start looking for another club. He’s obviously got quite a bit of talent, but it’s not enough if you can’t do as you’re told and do it for a full game.

Actually he is a problem, this running around aimless with flicks and tricks thinking he is on FIFA isn't good enough.

Today he had Lundstram in acres of space in the 1st half with a direct shot on goal, what did he do? a step over and passed into Silva who was surrounded, chance gone.

his decision making is terrible at lot of the time.

I’ve taken a few harsh comments on match threads for calling him ‘Hollywood’, but it’s accurate.

He rejects the simple ball for the attempted Hollywood flick, twirl or pass way too many times.

He’s so far off being the player he was towards the end of last season it’s untrue.

He’s affecting very, very little.

Seems that no matter who as employed in his role he would still be the whipping boy.
Utterly boring.
Not at all , the current buffoon is hated by our players , legends ( few still banned) and supporters who will still be Rangers people long after this posh RC imposter is long gone.

Cantwell is a strange player. Clearly technically a reasonable enough player and he clearly cares. But the term sand dancer could have been invented for him at times. Prancing around the pitch and not really affecting the game in the final 3rd.

I can see why he wasn't getting in the Norwich side. He has shown glimpses of good form. Last season he was our standout player in 2nd half of season and he looked very good at turn of year this year, but I think he finds it difficult to hit a proper level of consistency. Maybe he is the type of player who would look excellent if surrounded by a better level of player.

Not at all , the current buffoon is hated by our players , legends ( few still banned) and supporters who will still be Rangers people long after this posh RC imposter is long gone.
Which legends has Bisgrove banned and what for? I’ve genuinely never heard that.

If he starts on Saturday he must be disciplined in his play. The rattlers will target him and try to wind him up.

We can ill afford passengers or be down to ten men.

I’ve taken a few harsh comments on match threads for calling him ‘Hollywood’, but it’s accurate.

He rejects the simple ball for the attempted Hollywood flick, twirl or pass way too many times.

He’s so far off being the player he was towards the end of last season it’s untrue.

He’s affecting very, very little.

I think he has an over inflated idea of what he is as a footballer. It's like he floats around thinking he's some sort of Steve McMananam'esque maverick when the truth is, he is a slightly above average technically proficient attacking midfielder. Stick to doing the simple things, making runs in support of forwards, picking up pockets of space and playing quick forward passes and he will make things happen. Taking 3 or 4 unnecessary touches and twisting and turning for no reason does nothing for this side, whose biggest issue is overcoming a low block.

Tav gave the same response to Barisic going off at the same time

Its a respectful captain

Todd is the type of player that things might not come off but he gives his all all anyway

Actually he is a problem, this running around aimless with flicks and tricks thinking he is on FIFA isn't good enough.

Today he had Lundstram in acres of space in the 1st half with a direct shot on goal, what did he do? a step over and passed into Silva who was surrounded, chance gone.

his decision making is terrible at lot of the time.
I think his pass retention % today was in the high 80s which is good and very similar to Diomande, so decision making being terrible a lot of the time is probably closer to ←5% of the time

Lawrence offered more in his cameo than Cantwell. It's why he started the last game against the bheasts. I think the manager will play Lawrence again next week.
Lawrence is knackered after 30 minutes. Cantwell gives us energy and a bit of innovation from the start. I have no problem with him being subbed after 60 minutes as that allows Lawrence his 30-minute cameo when he is fresh and his opponents tire.

The sight of Tav trying to smooth his ruffled feathers when Cantwell was subbed today, only reinforces the idea that the player shouldn't be in the manager's future plans. It's not enough to devote high energy to a game when, largely, it doesn't serve any particular construct. Running around with flashy boots with the odd pirouette thrown in, doesn't warrant you being on the field for 90 minutes or more. If Todd wants success, I think he'd find it better at English Championship level. You don't have to be humble to be a great player (Baxter), and you can be great and humble too (Greig), but greatness (and the right to remain on the park) isn't conferred - it's earned.
He made the equaliser and was our best player in the first hour.

We all have our opinions but from I’ve seen he is not the long term solution at no 10.
Works really hard and covers loads of ground but never seems to have enough goal attempts or assists.

The sight of Tav trying to smooth his ruffled feathers when Cantwell was subbed today, only reinforces the idea that the player shouldn't be in the manager's future plans. It's not enough to devote high energy to a game when, largely, it doesn't serve any particular construct. Running around with flashy boots with the odd pirouette thrown in, doesn't warrant you being on the field for 90 minutes or more. If Todd wants success, I think he'd find it better at English Championship level. You don't have to be humble to be a great player (Baxter), and you can be great and humble too (Greig), but greatness (and the right to remain on the park) isn't conferred - it's earned.
What utter shite.

You seriously think Cantwell is better than Kent was for us?

What is it that appeals to you? Is it the badge thumping? The playing up to the UB? The arguing with Sutton? It’s clearly nothing he has done on the pitch.
Maybe it's the fact Cantwell is a better football player all round ?

Dessers has been a far bigger success than Cantwell and that tells its own story.
I thought at a club like Rangers, we measured success by medals.

I'm not sure how you've measured it, not trying to run either player down, but can't see how we claim one to be a far bigger success on the back of one League Cup each.

I thought at a club like Rangers, we measured success by medals.

I'm not sure how you've measured it, not trying to run either player down, but can't see how we claim one to be a far bigger success on the back of one League Cup each.
I’m talking about impact on the team. Dessers despite being rotten has scored a lot of goals. Cantwell has done nothing of note and has a good game every couple of months yet some fans think he’s outstanding. It’s really weird the acclaim he gets.

He really isn’t. Pirouetting in our own half or the halfway line doesn’t make you a good player. The only thing he does better than Kent is give away daft needless free kicks
Do you watch games I'm not sure if this is some kind of joke or if you are serious.

That's Cantwell running in at the other post mate.
Rangers tweet earlier shows the view from behind the goal, Todd is nearest the camera.

I'm trying to stick up for him here, but you've made a mess of that!
He needs to use his guile next weekend, Lawrence used his today and scored a good goal so maybe he can teah him at training to shoot from the edge of the box (as he tried today).

Colin got banned for having glass of red wine.
It's not just the 2 above loads of explayers a d staff treated the same.
Bisgrove isn't just a failure he is no friend of our club
Thats criminal. I have no time for the man but I didn’t think he would go after gentleman like CS and DJ FFS!

He’s temporary, an employee with no emotional connection to the club. He simply has a contract to work, he will walk out the same door he came In and that will be that, he will barley leave a mark on our illustrious history. Im sure he is fine with that as well.

Coporate employees have a role to play obviously, but they shouldn’t be anywhere near anything that could adversely impact the clubs legacy. At the end of the day, that’s the most valuable thing an institution like RFC has.

This type of thing should be left to people we trust, like John Grieg or John Brown for example. I wonder what they would have to say about it! We had people like Tiny Gallagher around the club for generations, we were in safe hands back then. Changed days I suppose.

Do you watch games I'm not sure if this is some kind of joke or if you are serious.
You will have to explain what Cantwell actually offers. You might need to also let Clement know as he’s usually the first one to be subbed.

He was excellent against Hearts in the second half. What other games recently has he been good?

I think we need to start him wide next week and have Lawrence in the central position. He would be in my starting line up for sure. Need more of an end product from him I would say though.
If we start any game with both Lawrence and Cantwell next season then the board haven’t backed clement and he would have resigned

Back