Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

A small part of the Homosexual community tend to be devious and predator like. When you add Catholicism and politics you get a heady mix of dark secrets and back covering.
You have to ask yourself Why has no politician went for the jugular with regards to historic child abuse in Scottish Football.
That’s the question everyone reading this thread should be asking their elected MSP and MP.
The people of Spot light have done a great job uncovering evidence and I thank them for doing that thankless task year in year out.
I hope in 2023 all the victims of sexual abuse in Scottish Football finally get some kind of justice.

A small part of the Homosexual community tend to be devious and predator like. When you add Catholicism and politics you get a heady mix of dark secrets and back covering.
You have to ask yourself Why has no politician went for the jugular with regards to historic child abuse in Scottish Football.
That’s the question everyone reading this thread should be asking their elected MSP and MP.
The people of Spot light have done a great job uncovering evidence and I thank them for doing that thankless task year in year out.
I hope in 2023 all the victims of sexual abuse in Scottish Football finally get some kind of justice.

We ALL know that it's justified , and the Very Least that the victims Deserve .
Every Bastard , at whatever level - and whatever their role , SHOULD be highlighted and punished accordingly .
Nothing else should suffice ; The victims deserve Nothing Less .
They should ALL Rot in Hell .

Big problem is these horrible bastards are in every walk of life from football coached to lords and police.
Never gonna get justice unless there is a truly vetted independent inquiry.
I'd even go as far to say it should not be done from within the UK.
Given there was abuse in the states in this clubs past I wonder if maybe the fbi or the likes would or could undertake an investigation with uk government assistance. One can but dream eh?

Last edited:
Given there was abuse in the states inthis clubs past I wonder if maybe the fbi or the likes would or could undertake an investigation with uk government assistance. One can but dream eh?
Are the Spotlight guys able to shed any light on what's happening over in the States?

Was thinking obliquely about the situation with the child abuse perpetrated by employees of Celtic FC.
This rancid club are going to great lengths to distance themselves from this scandal and using all methods at their disposal to avoid responsibility especially legally.
It occurred to me that defending themselves though make sense to them to preserve their reputation with sponsors (I know ha ha) and avoiding compensation costs to victims is their only concern.
However surely actually defending themselves will come at a huge cost financially.
Solicitors and advocates will not come cheap!
They must be paying this expense now and if so how are they covering this up in their annual balance sheet??
Presumably they are doing that ??
Or else their discerning shareholders would ask questions (ha ha hahaha).

Interesting comments from Andy Ritchie when talking about being brought back to Celtic by Tommy Burns.

“People at the club are becoming aware of certain historic allegations and they wanted to cut the apron strings”.

Ritchie came back to Celtic as under 16 coach in 1994 so it suggests that the separate entity excuse was a deliberate decision as far back as 1994. Ritchie also reveals the reason for creating this division - the allegations. It also suggests that they were indeed part of Celtic and that this was a ploy to create a false division between them.

Corrupt lowlife the lot of them politicians have lost the ability to serve the people of rhe country they are every bit as guilty as the pervs who ruined the lives of the victims. Justice system needs to be overhauled. Sickening

Sweet Jesus.
Could this not be said about any section of people in society?
We need to be careful that this thread does not contain the sort of comment that results in main stream media not giving it credence.
You’ve taken that out of context. If you read the full post it makes sense.

Why is it always referred to as the Boys Club scandal when 4 were employed by the club?

Very annoying.

It’s very clearly a CELTIC thing, and the evidence is all there.

The CBC thing comes from their APOLOGISTS in the press. That wee Rhat McLaughlin being the worst.

Some people are incapable of being objective.

They can’t separate club from church.

Last edited:
I just want to pay tribute to a few of the Spotlight team who have spent hours working today, including selecting the Top Tweets of the year.

There were so many posts this year, and to post them all as per previous years might have meant some really big FACTS were missed.

So they spent time selecting our favourites.

January to April are above, and the other months’ highlights will be up by Hogmanay latest.

Reading them again tonight reminded me just how much has been achieved in 2022. And that’s only the stuff that’s public.

As BN94 might have said, once or twice, MORE TO COME, and it’s all in the right hands.

Here’s hoping that 2023 is the year for JUSTICE, for the victims of P1 & P2 at least.

It was obviously a slip from the whitewash inquiry but it mentioned that it has evidence of a football team who 'when made aware of children being sexually abused centralised responses to protect its standing and reputation'.
The media or authorities doesn't want to acknowledge this fact, its written in black and white and its abhorrent.
This football clubs every achievement, its current standing, was built on the backs of children being sexually abused. That will need corrected!

I just want to pay tribute to a few of the Spotlight team who have spent hours working today, including selecting the Top Tweets of the year.

There were so many posts this year, and to post them all as per previous years might have meant some really big FACTS were missed.

So they spent time selecting our favourites.

January to April are above, and the other months’ highlights will be up by Hogmanay latest.

Reading them again tonight reminded me just how much has been achieved in 2022. And that’s only the stuff that’s public.

As BN94 might have said, once or twice, MORE TO COME, and it’s all in the right hands.

Here’s hoping that 2023 is the year for JUSTICE, for the victims of P1 & P2 at least.
Grigo. The whole team have been amazing. Harrowing reads at time but has to show the sheer scale of this abuse. It’s opened my eyes to it. Thank you.

This thread can be a very hard read at times, but the work that the Spotlight guys and survivors are doing is nothing short of Brilliant.
The fact that no major journalists have took this up apart from the BBC Scotland doc is shamefull.
When you compare it to the work done when Rangers were going through the mill.
I pray that 2023 will bring Justice to the Victims and their Familys. I also pray that the cess pull of a football club will be shown up to the world for what is.

Interesting comments from Andy Ritchie when talking about being brought back to Celtic by Tommy Burns.

“People at the club are becoming aware of certain historic allegations and they wanted to cut the apron strings”.

Ritchie came back to Celtic as under 16 coach in 1994 so it suggests that the separate entity excuse was a deliberate decision as far back as 1994. Ritchie also reveals the reason for creating this division - the allegations. It also suggests that they were indeed part of Celtic and that this was a ploy to create a false division between them.

Burns and Ritchie also agreed on £100 pw for Ritchie to run the BC.

So who was paying Ritchies Wages?
Burns or celtic?

Grigo. The whole team have been amazing. Harrowing reads at time but has to show the sheer scale of this abuse. It’s opened my eyes to it. Thank you.

Much appreciated SG. We all do appreciate the support of FF, even the Non Rangers fans among us.

Nevertheless, we just WONT STOP until justice is served in this country, no matter how long it takes.

It’s amazing that in late 2022, new breakthroughs are still being made.

What that says about this country’s government, media & judiciary, well I’ll leave that for further Spotlight posts lol

Much appreciated SG. We all do appreciate the support of FF, even the Non Rangers fans among us.

Nevertheless, we just WONT STOP until justice is served in this country, no matter how long it takes.

What that says about this country’s government, media & judiciary, well I’ll leave that for further Spotlight posts lol
Well done Team Spotlight. This country is currently a cesspit.

When the victims get their justice, which they will, it's time to go after the enablers.

This is what a lot of readers forget about this thread. There is many non supporters in here reading it. More so there is said to be victims who rely on this thread for updates and some comfort from people who really care.
The support to the victims by spotlight whilst they sift through mountains of documents has to be commended.
I really hope that 2023 will see these victims given the result they deserve amd the help they will need after the court action.
Alot of people are watching this thread and what is going on, as said a few reporters are interested and just waiting.
Good luck to each and every single one of you all. You are not alone.
I am not a religious person but,,, GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Well done Team Spotlight. This country is currently a cesspit.

When the victims get their justice, which they will, it's time to go after the enablers.
This is what a lot of readers forget about this thread. There is many non supporters in here reading it. More so there is said to be victims who rely on this thread for updates and some comfort from people who really care.
The support to the victims by spotlight whilst they sift through mountains of documents has to be commended.
I really hope that 2023 will see these victims given the result they deserve amd the help they will need after the court action.
Alot of people are watching this thread and what is going on, as said a few reporters are interested and just waiting.
Good luck to each and every single one of you all. You are not alone.
I am not a religious person but,,, GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Much appreciated guys.

Some paint us as sectarian bigots, which isn’t true.

It’s their way of justifying the silence they exercise every day on behalf of paedophile enablers & harbourers.

The Spotlight team have been on this for approximately 5 years. As Grigo said above it takes a team of some outstanding individuals that dedicate time and effort.
We’re not professionals, and we’re definitely not journalists, or point scorers that the dark side continually accuse us of.
I’ve personally received threats. That only means one thing. We’re getting closer to the truth. It definitely goes deeper than that club.
We will continue to update this thread as much as we can.

We thank each one of you for your continued support over the past year, and obviously previous years.

Spotlight.

Burns and Ritchie also agreed on £100 pw for Ritchie to run the BC.

So who was paying Ritchies Wages?
Burns or celtic?

And another thing ....if CBC was a seperate entity that has nothing to do with CFC ... why was CFC manager Tommy Burns hiring people to run an entity that had nothing to do with him or his club?

Thats like Marks & Spencers hiring staff for Tesco!

BB

The entire Spotlight team show professional journalists just how it should be done. Research and more research. Post the facts. An absolutely outstanding expose from Spotlight to date. As said previously, 5 years, yes 5 YEARS spotlight have been searching out those b4stards. Let that sink in. Normal people spending their free time for 5 years and counting to help kids who were abused at a football club. Kudos.

Back