Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Roddy Dunlop QC, for Celtic FC, told Lord Arthurson that the action shouldn’t be allowed to proceed.

He said his clients believed they wouldn’t get a “fair trial” because documents which would be key to their case that the boys club and Celtic FC were different entities were missing.

Or never existed.
Hope these people get some form of justice.
I don't get why this isn't a big this in the media, absolutely shocking tbh.
I don't get this. Why would you have a document saying you were not the same entity in the first place? Is that not like me having a document to say that I am not married to Liz Hurley?

Why would Celtic FC set up fund and staff a boys club with an already convicted paedophile in Edinburgh? A boys club that now seemingly has nothing to do with them?

BB
I'd never actually taken that leap, but if the club were willing to facilitate a paedophile ring, including financing vehicles for it to operate in, then absolutely everyone within it must have approved of the behaviour. Does this extend to way more than those convicted we already know about?

Scottish SNP Government funded too.

The funding didn’t even stop after Rennie was convicted we have been told.

Of course, Rennie’s co founder of LBGT Scotland ? Of course, it was Martin Henry, the SFA Child Abuse Review leader.

You couldn’t make it up.
I wonder if the magazine knows that Martin Henry was put in charge of a child abuse inquiry? It's all completely deranged.

We’ve been talking to a journalist about this very story today, and trying to get the angle out on Henry & on the SNP financing this paedophilia 55BA.

We’ll keep trying to see if it can be opened up further.
Maybe get in touch with the magazine? Or @bindelj on twitter, that's Julie Bindel who's another journalist who's been commenting on this story.

Has any courageous journalist actually asked the SFA how they appointed MARTIN HENRY, would be very interesting how he came onto their RADAR from millions of other suitable candidates, what skillset did he have to write Lawells Whitewash?
Think you've answered your own question there BW, looks like he was selected by those at the chamber of secrets to dilute the threats towards them and I would bet the biggest part of his remuneration for services to the enquiry would be a big brown envelope from a man with a heated driveway.

Think you've answered your own question there BW, looks like he was selected by those at the chamber of secrets to dilute the threats towards them and I would bet the biggest part of his remuneration for services to the enquiry would be a big brown envelope from a man with a heated driveway.
I doubt they would need the brown envelope, no doubt they have plenty on each other.

I still can't get my head around why this filthy disgusting club is allowed to operate, can we all be one hundred percent certain that the horrible acts that have been carried out on young children for decades isn't still happening today.

Simple solution is too, withdraw their license to operate until a full Public Enquiry is carried out.

heres hoping that 2023 is the year the system stops protecting the filth this has to be brought out to give the victims some sort of closure, and show future wierdos that the consequences are severe. I would again ike to thank all the folks at spotlight for keeping the fight moving forward

Scotland has regressed in every respect under this corrupt government lead by the nasty wee 5 footer and her trusted lieutenants. Most worrying however is the how the wee nasty cow has single handedly destroyed all morality in this country and dragged it into the gutter with the constant cover ups, lies, collusion and protection of these convicted paedophiles from that other club.

Savile knew he was amongst apologists and enablers. He also knew high profile individuals within the Catholic Church in Scotland.
Make no mistake that these bastards were very well organised.
My only wish looking back since we started Spotlight is I wish we had a politician in Scotland that had the balls to stand up and take it on.
We definitely have journalists who aren’t scared of reporting it, but this issue needs full time commitment. Many journalists are tied to their editors which is unfortunate.
We need an inquiry. In the meantime we have no choice but to continue on the path we are on and bring it into the public domain.
One thing I will say, and I know this might be controversial due to recent news reports and threads on here. I will never have any respect for Tommy Burns or many other high profile individuals within that club. I say that with the knowledge that many of them could have stopped this and stood up for what’s right. They chose not to. Only they know why.

Last edited:
And he is pictured with one constant of the Celtic Boys Club scandal over the decades - Kevin Kelly. What exactly was the nature of this relationship?
The Unholy Trinity:

The Vatican, The self proclaimed Separate Entity and Showbiz Paedophiles.

E-4A9GLXIAA4FqM.jpg

They had it down to a fücking T.

Last edited:
I still can't get my head around why this filthy disgusting club is allowed to operate, can we all be one hundred percent certain that the horrible acts that have been carried out on young children for decades isn't still happening today.

Simple solution is too, withdraw their license to operate until a full Public Enquiry is carried out.
You are absolutely 100% right. If we didn’t have a devolved Scottish corrupt government in place I truly believe not only would the other team in the city have had their licence revoked but they would have been closed down permanently by now. It’s a shocking stain on our country and in particular Herr Fuhrer Sturgeon!

Aye, the Jimmy Savile/Celtic link has been systematically blocked from the Scottish and worldwide public, it is quite shocking. Savile was big news after his death when it was revealed what the c unt had been up to.
We learned though that he had a cottage in Scotland, so he comes up here now and again visiting hospitals and sometimes Celtic Park in the guise of charity, there are pics of him in his cottage with a later convicted priest in the company of children with now pixelized faces.
The beast is also pictured with Kevin Kelly in some chapel grounds in Scotland, the same Kevin Kelly who had a network of paedophiles operating under his watch at Celtic, the same Kevin Kelly who was in partnership with convicted beast Torbett even after he was jailed for abusing children the rat. Apparently £1M pounds was paid by Celtic into Torbetts business account during his time in jail. Meanwhile Savile continued his spree in Scotland which has never been questioned by any journalist worth his salt.

Very strange indeed that these “handwritten” documents have appeared. Legal teams are going through them as we speak.
Well we also hold documents that again have been handed to the appropriate people.
Apologies new phone BN

Last edited:
Indeed BN , people who worked alongside these lowlife characters, Mcstay, Hay,Aitken.
Especially those that coached and came through the Celtic boys club structure.
Ex players/managers , Burns ,Nicklaus, McNeil.
Up to there eyes in it, everyone complicit.
Absolutely spot on and you know I lived through that era and to think that our media at that time lauded the likes of McStay and Nicklaus makes me absolutely sick. At last the families representing these victims of these vile atrocities are now being listened to by some in the media and I stress some.

Aye, the Jimmy Savile/Celtic link has been systematically blocked from the Scottish and worldwide public, it is quite shocking. Savile was big news after his death when it was revealed what the c unt had been up to.
We learned though that he had a cottage in Scotland, so he comes up here now and again visiting hospitals and sometimes Celtic Park in the guise of charity, there are pics of him in his cottage with a later convicted priest in the company of children with now pixelized faces.
The beast is also pictured with Kevin Kelly in some chapel grounds in Scotland, the same Kevin Kelly who had a network of paedophiles operating under his watch at Celtic, the same Kevin Kelly who was in partnership with convicted beast Torbett even after he was jailed for abusing children the rat. Apparently £1M pounds was paid by Celtic into Torbetts business account during his time in jail. Meanwhile Savile continued his spree in Scotland which has never been questioned by any journalist worth

I remember the Whyte and Kelly families back then in the seventies when they effectively controlled the mhanks paedo club and no one and I repeat no one from the media at that time had any desire to come forward with the truth about what was being done. I’m sure some of the media at that time had their concerns but as we all know now they kept their mouths shut for self preservation or career advancement. All these people who were lauding the other club back then must have had a knowledge about what was going on and that in some respects makes it even worse that no one had the bottle to come forward and spill the beans. If we look at the current crop of so called journalists in this country, I would point the finger at the likes of ultra clean Hugh Keevins, Hugh McDonald and Gerry McNee who bizarrely stayed stum in these matters. Strange that!

Savile new he was amongst apologists and enablers. He also knew high profile individuals within the Catholic Church in Scotland.
My only wish looking back since we started Spotlight is I wish we had a politician in Scotland that had the balls to stand up and take it on.
We definitely have journalists who aren’t scared of reporting it, but this issue needs full time commitment. Many journalists are tied to their editors which is unfortunate.
We need an inquiry. In the meantime we have no choice but to continue on the path we are on and bring it into the public domain.
One thing I will say, and I know this might be controversial due to recent news reports and threads on here. I will never have any respect for Tommy Burns or many other high profile individuals within that club. I say that with the knowledge that many of them could have stopped this and stood up for what’s right. They chose not to. Only they know why.
In season 1969/70 Tommy Burns was at Eastercraigs Amatuer F.C. and was a close friend and firm favourite of prolific paedophile Hugh Stevenson an SFA international linesman who also helped run Eastercraigs at the time.
When Burns moved to Celtic Boys Club in season 1970/71 the club was run by prolific paedophile Jim Torbett and Kevin Kelly was a Director of the parent club.
Burns was coached at Celtic Boys Club by prolific paedophile Frank Cairney until season 1973/74 when Burns would play for Maryhill Juniors.
Burns regarded Cairney as a mentor and such was his affection for Cairney that when appointed manager of Celtic in 1994 Burns demanded that Cairney be brought back into the club despite Cairney having been kicked out three years earlier for abusing boys at the club.
Given the above history there was no way Burns didn't know what was going on yet he was happy to support the of abuse of children.

Last edited:
Savile new he was amongst apologists and enablers. He also knew high profile individuals within the Catholic Church in Scotland.

Ive held my tongue regarding the recent stuff on Burns but i will say this..

DEAD OR ALIVE

NO ONE IS INNOCENT AT THAT CLUB!

BB

Last edited:
In season 1969/70 Tommy Burns was at Eastercraigs Amatuer F.C. and was a close friend and firm favourite of prolific paedophile Hugh Stevenson a SFA international linesman who also helped run Eastercraigs at the time.
When Burns moved to Celtic Boys Club in Season 1970/71 the club was run by prolific paedophile Jim Torbett and Kevin Kelly was a Director of the parent club.
Burns was coached at Celtic Boys Club by prolific paedophile Frank Cairney until season 1973/74 when Burns would play for Maryhill Juniors.
Burns regarded Cairney as a mentor and such was his affection fo Cairney that when appointed manager of Celtic in 1994 Burns demanded that Cairney be brought back into the club despite Cairney having been kicked out three years earlier for abusing boys at the club.
Given the above history there was no way Burns didn't know what was going on yet he was happy to support the of abuse of children.
I rest my case your honour!

In season 1969/70 Tommy Burns was at Eastercraigs Amatuer F.C. and was a close friend and firm favourite of prolific paedophile Hugh Stevenson an SFA international linesman who also helped run Eastercraigs at the time.
When Burns moved to Celtic Boys Club in season 1970/71 the club was run by prolific paedophile Jim Torbett and Kevin Kelly was a Director of the parent club.
Burns regarded Cairney as a mentor and such was his affection for Cairney that when appointed manager of Celtic in 1994 Burns demanded that Cairney be brought back into the club despite Cairney having been kicked out three years earlier for abusing boys at the club.
I'm sure around that time that promising youngsters who were on Celtic's radar would be ''urged'' to switch to Celtic Boys Club from whatever boys club they played for.

When we have someone in government who chose to protect the paedos knowing full well his own son could have been abused, then no, nobody can say it isn't still going on.

When we have someone in government who chose to protect the paedos knowing full well his own son could have been abused, then no, nobody can say it isn't still going on.
When we have people in Government who STILL refuse to have any kind of engagement regarding this or any other child abuse and continually BLOCK or REFUSE to engage with any questions on it then as you say nobody can say it still isn't going on.I mean what could they possibly have to hide!!

Last edited:
When we have people in Government who STILL refuse to have any kind of engagement regarding this or any other child abuse and continually BLOCK or REFUSE to engage with any questions on it then as you say nobody can say it still isn't going on.I mean what could they possibly have to hide!!
There needs to be a way to embarrass Holyrood over this issue.

The fact that not only do they not want to discuss it, but are actively suppressing it, is nothing short of a national scandal.

These people are administrators, voted in to run the country - they can't be allowed to ignore one of the worst child abuse cases in history. It's their job.

There needs to be a way to embarrass Holyrood over this issue.

The fact that not only do they not want to discuss it, but are actively suppressing it, is nothing short of a national scandal.

These people are administrators, voted in to run the country - they can't be allowed to ignore one of the worst child abuse cases in history. It's their job.
If only pal,there must be a way somehow.

heres hoping that 2023 is the year the system stops protecting the filth this has to be brought out to give the victims some sort of closure, and show future wierdos that the consequences are severe. I would again ike to thank all the folks at spotlight for keeping the fight moving forward
I think it’s safe to say that 2023 will be an important year. Every piece of our research is in the correct hands. Can we also remind you that some research isn’t in the public domain yet.
As we speak we have Spotlight members continuing to join the dots. We’re convinced that club are being protected by some high profile individuals within the Scottish government past and present. We also strongly believe the SFA know more, and possibly played a part in protecting a certain individual. As I’ve said above, Spotlight members are setting out to prove this.

I think it’s safe to say that 2023 will be an important year. Every piece of our research is in the correct hands. Can we also remind you that some research isn’t in the public domain yet.
As we speak we have Spotlight members continuing to join the dots. We’re convinced that club are being protected by some high profile individuals within the Scottish government past and present. We also strongly believe the SFA know more, and possibly played a part in protecting a certain individual. As I’ve said above, Spotlight members are setting out to prove this.
This still annoys me. The media could put SFA under a lot of pressure to finally do the right thing due to this, but choose to ignore it.

In their legal guidelines of the previous policy they had this wording.

"9 Legal Framework

The legislation and guidance on which this policy and supporting procedures is based is located in Appendix O.
Guidance
If your organisation has members of staff, the Policy should be amended to include reference to the Line Manager when dealing with suspicions or allegations of poor practice and abuse.
Staff should be supported by their Line Manager to take the appropriate action outlined in the Procedures.
Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concerns, turning a blind eye or failing to protect a child may result in legal action."

They state that due to a Scottish act they have the guidelines to take football clubs to court, so why don't they?

Back