Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Mr Woods has declared NDA is not on the table for him.full disclosure. Maybe some will NDA but not all. Therefore it all comes out in public.
That sounds hopeful then for getting the full sordid story out there, only takes one not to sign it and they are exposed easily for what they have 'paid off' everyone else to cover up

Footballing wise.I Don't think anything will happen to that rancid club.For years now they have been getting their men in place for this
With the SNP in power that cult they call a football club will not be touched. With a new government comes in whether its Labour or Toriessurely they must call for public inquiry, Douglas Ross has already asked cfc to issue an apology to all of the victims and accept liability for their crimes against chidren . It should be high on the next government's agenda.

Footballing wise.I Don't think anything will happen to that rancid club.For years now they have been getting their men in place for this

Someone on here posted, cant remember who, an ex player should be asked the question, given what you now know, would you have still signed for them, they say no then bingo, they gained a sporting advantage with covering it up. Get the trophies handed over.

Celtic haven’t admitted guilt

And they wont, part of the settlement they will want a joint statement from everyone acknowledging Even though the club wasn’t at fault, morally they are doing the right thing etc, the 6 o’clock news will have them as heroes, paying compo when really they could have just went to court and won the case instead. Mark my words,

And they wont, part of the settlement they will want a joint statement from everyone acknowledging Even though the club wasn’t at fault, morally they are doing the right thing etc, the 6 o’clock news will have them as heroes, paying compo when really they could have just went to court and won the case instead. Mark my words,
But they can’t force everyone to sign NDA to the ones who are taking it all the way to court as some the admission of guilt from Pervco is what they want more than the cash as they have been treated like liars

But they can’t force everyone to sign NDA to the ones who are taking it all the way to court as some the admission of guilt from Pervco is what they want more than the cash as they have been treated like liars
I’ll tell you this.

There is not a lawyer in this country who will ‘take them all the way” unless the pursuers pay their legal fees to do so.

I’ll tell you this.

There is not a lawyer in this country who will ‘take them all the way” unless the pursuers pay their legal fees to do so.
Of course there will be lawyers that will take them all the way if they know they will win and a good lawyer would know that they have great chance of winning and the pursuer don’t pay the lawyers bill if they win

Someone on here posted, cant remember who, an ex player should be asked the question, given what you now know, would you have still signed for them, they say no then bingo, they gained a sporting advantage with covering it up. Get the trophies handed over.
But what ex player would do that.You and I know how their scum fans would react to the player.I mean the players safety

Why would they pay people if they weren’t guilty ?
Because they know the alternative is getting dragged through the court with victims giving testimony and witnesses giving evidence to their wrong doing blackening their name with the odds being they will lose and have to pay out compensation set by a judge. This is far riskier than doing a managed payout where you can control the narrative and limiting the damage.

Or a vehicle to launder money?
It is also called self providing, You set up a contract where you pay an over the top price for things and your agents take a percentage as a separate entity or you have directors of the company you set up to provide you with merchandise at an inflated price who get paid by that company, Or the buyer gets paid a price up front on invoices and then give you a huge early payment discount

When can we start talking about sporting sanctions and potential punishments for the “ Club like no other “

They surely can’t get away with just paying off the victims, moral integrity should decide otherwise
They have no moral integrity they will have to have sanctions imposed if there is anyone with moral integrity at the SFA or Government level who will take action.

The Vermin need wiped from history of football for their crimes against children! Scotland should be utterly ashamed of this story and decades of coverups but yet they are protected by the government and sleezy mhedia. It’s an outrage. The victims deserve better than a few quid to keep the bheasts out of court! Only a full public enquiry is needed. Unlike the SFA’s and Bheast fc internal (scurrilous rumours” whitewashed enquiry! The true scale to this scandal is mostly unknown to the world and needs told.

I’ll tell you this.

At the end of the day they are there to make money. They will see the pound signs and nothing else. It most likely won’t be worth the risk to them to take it all the way, they don’t care about holding that paedo club to account.

The Vermin need wiped from history of football for their crimes against children! Scotland should be utterly ashamed of this story and decades of coverups but yet they are protected by the government and sleezy mhedia. It’s an outrage. The victims deserve better than a few quid to keep the bheasts out of court! Only a full public enquiry is needed. Unlike the SFA’s and Bheast fc internal (scurrilous rumours” whitewashed enquiry! The true scale to this scandal is mostly unknown to the world and needs told.
I second that, well said.

With the SNP in power that cult they call a football club will not be touched. With a new government comes in whether its Labour or Toriessurely they must call for public inquiry, Douglas Ross has already asked cfc to issue an apology to all of the victims and accept liability for their crimes against chidren . It should be high on the next government's agenda.
There's less chance of a Labour executive calling for a public enquiry than the current administration.

Of course there will be lawyers that will take them all the way if they know they will win and a good lawyer would know that they have great chance of winning and the pursuer don’t pay the lawyers bill if they win
They have one of the best KC in UK acting for them. God only knows why he took that job. Roddy Dunlop acted for me before and he is the very best there is, absolutely no doubt. It will take a top KC and team to even get close to this guy. Sadly, unless somebody takes him on, its all going to be brushed quietly under the carpet. This is the Tims' goal. The victims will get their payouts. Somebody will have to stand up and not pocket the money and just hope the public really get behind him.

Btw, Roddy Dunlop will be costing them millions. He is £1000 just to read a letter and give you an opinion. He must be fielding some flack on this one. £2000 per hour is his standard fee.

Last edited:
They have one of the best KC in UK acting for them. God only knows why he took that job. Roddy Dunlop acted for me before and he is the very best there is, absolutely no doubt. It will take a top KC and team to even get close to this guy. Sadly, unless somebody takes him on, its all going to be brushed quietly under the carpet. This is the Tims' goal. The victims will get their payouts. Somebody will have to stand up and not pocket the money and just hope the public really get behind him.

Btw, Roddy Dunlop will be costing them millions. He is £1000 just to read a letter and give you an opinion. He must be fielding some flack on this one. £2000 per hour is his standard fee.
Yes get all that but if your guilty and there’s overwhelming evidence and your not the only person telling same story but have no connection to the others saying same thing no matter how good a KC he is so depends what the victims want it takes just one to say %^*& Celtic were going all the way as I said I know children from when I played football went through the same and they said it wasn’t about the money the apology they want and the admission of guilt but they will want it swept as this would totally %^*& up there brand and possibly un recoverable commercially

At the end of the day they are there to make money. They will see the pound signs and nothing else. It most likely won’t be worth the risk to them to take it all the way, they don’t care about holding that paedo club to account.
100% they’re there to make money but will only do so if they get paid for doing so. Either the pursuer pays them or if they are confident it’s a case they will underwrite the risk.

So when you raise a civil court action here you are asking the court to award you damages.

What do you think the pursuer be looking to achieve by “taking them all the way “

The gamble that the abusing club have taken here is the hope that all those abused accept out of court settlements.

Given that Mr Woods, and possibly others, has stated he will not accept anything less than their day in court and it becoming a civil case law victory for those abused, along with, most importantly, an apology, the abusers are in a dangerous place if payouts are made.

With the balance of probabilities being the burden of proof in this case, even top KC’s like Dunlop will struggle to clear the abusers name if previously abused individuals have been paid compensation in relation to an acceptance of responsibility, not an admission of guilt, and that’s where I hope Gordon and the others get their apology and ultimately, that’s the abusers been found guilty in a civil court, written into the legal history books and hopefully that’s when the sponsors pull the plug on them and we see them drown in the cesspit they inhabit.

The gamble that the abusing club have taken here is the hope that all those abused accept out of court settlements.

Given that Mr Woods, and possibly others, has stated he will not accept anything less than their day in court and it becoming a civil case law victory for those abused, along with, most importantly, an apology, the abusers are in a dangerous place if payouts are made.

With the balance of probabilities being the burden of proof in this case, even top KC’s like Dunlop will struggle to clear the abusers name if previously abused individuals have been paid compensation in relation to an acceptance of responsibility, not an admission of guilt, and that’s where I hope Gordon and the others get their apology and ultimately, that’s the abusers been found guilty in a civil court, written into the legal history books and hopefully that’s when the sponsors pull the plug on them and we see them drown in the cesspit they inhabit.
Being awarded damages in court doesn't automatically mean there is a legal guilt attached to that club. A civil case is to award money only to the victims. The club won't come out and say that they are guilty and as such the SFA or SPFL won't go after them for an recompense

What if they are offered £600k compensation without an apology?

Being awarded damages in court doesn't automatically mean there is a legal guilt attached to that club. A civil case is to award money only to the victims. The club won't come out and say that they are guilty and as such the SFA or SPFL won't go after them for an recompense
If the legal outcome is in favour of those abused, that shows the abusers are liable for their actions. It will show the historical elements of how they continued to allow abusers to be employees and never took action to protect the children under their care, even more so by re-employing those who are now in prison.

I would imagine that in itself is guilt in the eyes of those abused.

I'm sure Reporting Scotland and the Scottish press pack will attach guilt in the same way they called GoodWillie a rapist.

Ok. So what exactly is “their day in court” ?
Again, only someone who’s been abused knows what defines their day in court, I’d call it their chance of closure.

This whole thing is about what the victims need to try and move on with their life’s and that’s why on every post I’ve had on this thread I’ve never had an opinion on what should happen to the abusers club. I have kept that thought private.

But fail and the complainant falls liable for both sets of legal fees don’t they?
That’s financially ruinous for most folks

Again, only someone who’s been abused knows what defines their day in court, I’d call it their chance of closure.

This whole thing is about what the victims need to try and move on with their life’s and that’s why on every post I’ve had on this thread I’ve never had an opinion on what should happen to the abusers club. I have kept that thought private.
It’s a legal process not a movie.

You just can’t raise a court action to let someone give their story in front of a judge because that’s not his job

If the legal outcome is in favour of those abused, that shows the abusers are liable for their actions. It will show the historical elements of how they continued to allow abusers to be employees and never took action to protect the children under their care, even more so by re-employing those who are now in prison.

I would imagine that in itself is guilt in the eyes of those abused.
Yes in the eyes of the abused. The victims are the most important here. I have said that repeatedly however there are more people on here wanting the club punished somehow and them affected on sporting issues. That won't happen in my opinion. As long as the victims are compensated it will be seen as an end to the issue.

Yes in the eyes of the abused. The victims are the most important here. I have said that repeatedly however there are more people on here wanting the club punished somehow and them affected on sporting issues. That won't happen in my opinion. As long as the victims are compensated it will be seen as an end to the issue.

The victims should be well compensated, but in most civilized countries, the club would also be fully investigated and held to account for their abhorrent behavior and failure to protect the children under their watch.

Look at Penn State over here in the US, they were absolutely hammered for a tiny fraction of the crimes committed by the CFC pedophile ring.

There may be more chance of this happening now, with Scotland's SHITE FM (and wannabe CFC CEO) abdicating and the SNP imploding. Hopefully a reformed Scottish parliament will carry out the long overdue independent investigation, and hold that vile club to account.

Rangers were sent to the 4th division and lost a full squad of players for nothing, for effectively using a legal tax avoidance scheme.

What's a suitable and equitable punishment for allowing a pedophile ring to operate under your watch for decades, not reporting these vile crimes against children, then re-employing known pedophiles?
That club should be shut down. They won't, but they should be, and would be in a decent and civilized country.

The victims should be well compensated, but in most civilized countries, the club would also be fully investigated and held to account for their abhorrent behavior and failure to protect the children under their watch.

Look at Penn State over here in the US, they were absolutely hammered for a tiny fraction of the crimes committed by the CFC pedophile ring.

There may be more chance of this happening now, with Scotland's SHITE FM (and wannabe CFC CEO) abdicating and the SNP imploding. Hopefully a reformed Scottish parliament will carry out the long overdue independent investigation, and hold that vile club to account.

Rangers were sent to the 4th division and lost a full squad of players for nothing, for effectively using a legal tax avoidance scheme.

What's a suitable and equitable punishment for allowing a pedophile ring to operate under your watch for decades, not reporting these vile crimes against children, then re-employing known pedophiles?
That club should be shut down. They won't, but they should be, and would be in a decent and civilized country.
PENN state the actual body were fined by the National Collegiate Athletics Association. Not by a court of Law. They had 111 titles or trophies taken off them but that was overturned on appeal. 3 members of the committee were given months in jail. The majority was house arrest. So the actual University wasnt punished by Courts.They weren't hammered under sporting sanctions as such. The main culprit got a long jail sentence. Just like the accusers here have been jailed. Celtic themselves will be happy to pay little compensation and Celtic FC won't face any sanctions. Some past staff may, but that will be it..

Back