Clement Connor will have an important role in the next few weeks and next season also

He wouldn’t mention next season at all if he didn’t want him here. Depressing.
I think he just said that as a follow up to his comment “he’ll have his part to play over the next few weeks” so it didn’t sound like it’s last season. I’d be very surprised if he’s here after the summer. He’s been dropped and he’s one of our highest earners; he has to go.

Hopefully he stays he's still his best defender when he's on his game the problem is we've rarely had enough in form or fit defenders at the same time to challenge him or for him to lose his place... hopefully being dropped and the challenge he has now pushes him to how good he can play. He's rarely injured, almost always available and played some amount of games a rest will do him no harm.

We struggle to replace anyone with better players most windows, we should be careful what we wish for.

The way people go on about Goldson you would think he was the worst player in the squad.

I do think his times up but, equally, it coukd be the fact he didn't have a preseason this year that's made him seem sluggish.

Just let the manager do his job.

Hopefully he stays he's still his best defender when he's on his game the problem is we've rarely had enough in form or fit defenders at the same time to challenge him or for him to lose his place... hopefully being dropped and the challenge he has now pushes him to how good he can play. He's rarely injured, almost always available and played some amount of games a rest will do him no harm.

We struggle to replace anyone with better players most windows, we should be careful what we wish for.
With a decent scouting network you could probably find a better player on less wages than Goldson let's be honest.

We've became so complacent and stubborn that we think there isn't better out there that has to change going forward.

He can't say anything else. I'd imagine if we sign a better centre half, which might not be easy, then that could change whether he will be around next season.

Plans change, at the moment he'll be saying everyone is staying because he might have to rely on them in the next few weeks. Goldson getting dropped might give him the kick up the arse he needs.

What it does if he plays goldson knows he has to be playing well or the manager will replace him that's a good thing let's see how he responds

With a decent scouting network you could probably find a better player on less wages than Goldson let's be honest.

We've became so complacent and stubborn that we think there isn't better out there that has to change going forward.

I think there's an element of the fact that our recruitment, since the Mark Allen days, has generally been horrendous.

We seem to pay money to downgrade our players practically without fail.

That's certainly the case for me. I feel Goldsons time is up but I do really worry about what we replace him with given our recent attempts at replacing Morelos, Kent, Bassey, Aribo, etc.

Let's hope Koppen is better at his job than the others.

If we’re offered a significant fee for a player who’ll be 32 in December we can’t not take it.

And I agree that we have to do much better than we’ve done in the past when finding his replacement.

Same thing applies to Tav by the way.

I think this shows the hold that two have in our team. Both him and Tav have got themselves into a position where managers are afraid to drop them so much so that he has to make public statements.
The quicker that two are out of our team the better, they have far too much of a stranglehold.

He wouldn’t mention next season at all if he didn’t want him here. Depressing.

People are in for a shock...we have to realise we need to wheel and deal and there are only so many players you will be able to move on in the summer....people are unlikely to move for less money etc.

Sorting this out is a 3-4 transfer window project

Back