Clement isn't the problem

andy5836

Sick of seeing people complaining about Clement and his team selection. He can only work with the players he's got and he's performed a miracle with them to even get us to this position.

The squad needs gutted starting with Tav, Goldson and Lundstram.

I've got a lot more faith in Clement than I did in Beale to get the recruitment right this summer. We need to give him time to get this right, another manager is not the answer.

Sick of seeing people complaining about Clement and his team selection. He can only work with the players he's got and he's performed a miracle with them to even get us to this position.

I've got a lot more faith in Clement than I did in Beale to get the recruitment right this summer. We need to give him time to get this right, another manager is not the answer.
Tend to agree he needs to take some of the issue though with selections

Kerion Dowell nowhere near it all year but Clement puts him on in the business end of the season. He needs to take some responsibility, but 90% of the blame is on the usual suspects.

Also, can someone explain that style of play? Hoof it up? Seen better play in the lowland league.

What’s his style of play? Cause all he seems to do is want his teams to hoof the ball up the park. Dundee on a far less budget passed us off the park in that first half. His teams are far to light and open in the middle of the park
You can have all the styles of play in the world. The players, as displayed on Sunday and tonight are incapable of maintaining one.

Clement worked wonders getting the run of results that he did with this squad. What’s happened is mostly on the players simply not being good enough.

I think it is fair to question him over the last few weeks though. I don’t know why he continually sticks to 4-2-3-1 when we’re obviously being overrun in midfield.

He could start being ruthless now, nothing to lose but I don't think he has the balls to

I don’t think he’s done enough after the scare in the Celtic game. We got away with that and it’s upto him to get the reaction required.

No he’s not.

The spineless trio of Tavernier, Goldson & Lundstram are the problem.

They’re like a cancer running through the squad/club.

Our style of play is genuinely honking to watch though. That has to change or he’ll be out the door soon enough too.

Might not be all his problem but he should be the leader and motovaiter we think he is. Needs to clear his feet of these players and start a fresh but if the season gers gradually worse it's a hard road back.

Coming from someone who really likes PC

Time has proved Gio probably wasn’t the problem either. The same players have let them both down. Gerrard at least took his fate into his own hands, but we all know the root cause in his case was being told there wasn’t cash to finish his overhaul of the squad. Any of those 3 can take the club forward.

You’ve picked out the three players he refuses to drop.

I agree mate

I blame Clement for being too good and getting us to a point within touching distance and making me forget for a short while that these players are shitebags/poor and have got successive managers sacked!

I hope he realises what needs to be done or he will be getting sacked! We need players with a will to win not a mentality of weaklings!

Posted this on another thread but it should be on here.
Let’s be honest and brutally honest, Frank Spencer should be able to manage a Rangers squad full of those players to victories against Ross County, Dundee and Motherwell given their budgets. I’m past making excuses for this guy, it would have appeared that the players just disliked Beale the man so much that they had entirely downed tools, they lifted them once again once he had gone, that was the cause of the improvements we saw.
For the last near two months this manager has shown us very little in terms of selection or tactics to suggest he knows what he is doing and I know I’m about to be repeatedly told that these aren’t his players, but they are his tactics and they aren’t very convincing.

What’s his style of play? Cause all he seems to do is want his teams to hoof the ball up the park. Dundee on a far less budget passed us off the park in that first half. His teams are far to light and open in the middle of the park

Cause what else can he do? The players have seen off about 9 managers its feels.

You cannot absolve the manager of any responsibility for this shambles.

Sure it’s no where near entirely his fault but he is part of it.

Some of his decisions since the international break have been very questionable to say the least.

Already seeing some fans wanting him gone. I'll put it down to frustration but how many managers should we keep replacing ? At what point do you decide to back the manager and get rid of the players who have failed countless managers ?
This season was always a free hit for clement however the players are done and I would say that goes for ever single of them who started the season.

I have no issue with Tavernier playing but please take our armband away from him

Literally what I was about to ask? What the %^*& do we play? Long balls constantly. Fuckin cloggers!

No, he's not the problem. But is he the solution? That remains to be seen.

I suspect that he could be part of it but will require a lot of others to contribute both from inside and outside the football department.

You could put Pep in charge and he would struggle to get a tune from the players we have. We fail at even the basics, if we can't even pass to each other then how the %^*& are we supposed to have tactics. Like the Gio days and the Beale days, our players are failures at the basics of football.

He is. We have no style of play other than hoofball. He continues to play the serial losers in our squad and is now starting to make excuses even before a ball is kicked (prep time with postponed games etc). We've seen how this goes and ends with 4 previous managers, and I won't be far off in saying it's going to happen again.

Back