Official Colak leaves for Parma

“Nowhere near good enough” being our 2nd top scorer despite missing the majority of the 2nd half of the season with injuries.

So I assume you think none of our attacking players are anywhere near good enough then?

He was brought in to score goals and he scored goals. What more do you want?
He was actually our joint top goalscorer and yes he was absolutely nowhere near good enough,not sure what you’re struggling with here.

Thankfully we look like we have upgraded in the forward positions.

He was actually our joint top goalscorer and yes he was absolutely nowhere near good enough,not sure what you’re struggling with here.

Just the “nowhere near good enough”. I wouldn’t put him in that bracket. Last season I’d say the likes of Wright, Morelos, Kent and Kamara would be in that bracket.

I’m not saying he’s amazing but I think he was very useful.

While I’m glad we are massively improving our frontline he could have been a good option for mixing it up.

“Nowhere near good enough” being our 2nd top scorer despite missing the majority of the 2nd half of the season with injuries.

So I assume you think none of our attacking players are anywhere near good enough then?

Couldn't agree more, mate.

I'm sad to see him go. Think people forget that, before the WC, he was second only to Haaland in terms of goals.

The 'he didn't show up in big games' stuff, as well, is misleading. He's a striker that relies on service, and his performances against the Dhims weren't the reason why we lost those games.

Don't get me wrong - understand that he didn't work in Beale's system, but given how long we've lamented the lack of goals and goal-scoring forwards in the team, can't understand this 'nowhere near the level needed' guff.

I think that was blatantly obvious, hence the turnaround of players in that area.

Not that it matters much its a good move for the lad, easy level should score most weeks, nice place to live etc.... but why do folk keep saying he does not suit our system ? the formation is perfect for a player like Colak. A strike partner and plenty of options behind him not the one centre completely isolated which has been an issue for most of our forwards. Everything suggests he would probably have scored even more goals in the managers 4-4-2.

I have little to base it on but id say its more the player that wanted to play football than Beale being desperate to move him on.

Just the “nowhere near good enough”. I wouldn’t put him in that bracket. Last season I’d say the likes of Wright, Morelos, Kent and Kamara would be in that bracket.

I’m not saying he’s amazing but I think he was very useful.

While I’m glad we are massively improving our frontline he could have been a good option for mixing it up.
Colak wanted to move on,the manager was happy for him to move on,we are upgrading.

Everyone’s a winner.

The level of criticism of a player who scored at a far better rate than Alfredo Morelos ever managed is bizarre.

We've needed a goal every 100 minutes player in the league for years, and that is the standard for Dessers and co to emulate now.
It's the Morelos fan boys mate, can see them a mile off. Imagine having the audacity to come in and score goals. No knee slides though.

Good guy off the pitch,nowhere near good enough on it but wish him well.
I couldn't disagree more.

He was good enough to get us papped oot the CL. Also good enough to have 13 goal contributions in 14 games. Also scoring vital goals that got us into the CL.

I'd say that was pretty good.

Just because he doesn't suit the style that MB wants the team to play now doesn't delete the good he did while at Rangers. He also has a great team ethic and is a good pro.

Was surprised when i first heard he was going to Parma as I didn't realise Parma are actually in Serie B as opposed to A..

Good move for him and i reckon he'll do well. I never got the impression he was here for the long haul anyway.

Sad to see him go. A natural born finisher, something you normally cry out for.
Never seen any of the new signings, so can only hope they are top notch to replace Colak.
Good luck to him at Parma

what a weird post.
He came in did his job got us to the Champions League our top striker got injured then sold for a profit.
If he as not good enough how come he does all that and gets moves in football no problem?

what a weird post.
He came in did his job got us to the Champions League got injured then sold for a profit.
If he as not good enough how come he does all that and gets moves in football no problem?
Weird in that everything wrote is factually correct?

If so it’s very weird.

I couldn't disagree more.

He was good enough to get us papped oot the CL. Also good enough to have 13 goal contributions in 14 games. Also scoring vital goals that got us into the CL.

I'd say that was pretty good.

Just because he doesn't suit the style that MB wants the team to play now doesn't delete the good he did while at Rangers. He also has a great team ethic and is a good pro.
Yes, you know the players who are rated as they find clubs no problems. Colak did that his whole career.
Did well for us and sold at a profit.

Back