Official Colak leaves for Parma

Great against the weaker teams but against Celtic he hardly touched the ball. He is a great finisher but can’t occupy a defence himself.

A successful signing, given the return we got but he wasn’t what we required if we want to win the league.

I get at my mates for saying Colak isn’t/wasn’t good enough, they have a point but the guy was signed as back up to Roofe and Morelos but the bottom line is he isn’t going to win us anything see last season.

I’ll never forget the tap in Eindhoven and the guy is a class act I wish him all the best but to be sad or upset to see him go why? We won f*ck all with him in and out the team last season.

Signed as back up to Morelos and Roofe and scored more than both of them combined. He came in and scored goals right from the off.

He scored 18/19 times in all competitions last season despite being bombed out of the first XI by Beale.

Looking at Beale's comments on the transfer I assume Colak wanted away though.

I think I said before Colak is right player at the wrong time.

I liked him but not sad to see him go either - as mad as that sounds.

Kinda like Erik Bo Anderson - scored good goals, good stats but just didn’t really fit.

We got some good goals out him including PSV away and made a respectable profit and he gets what I think is a really well suited move - there’s no losers here
Bo Anderson was just awful.

All the best to him

Spot on attitude and real likeable guy

Stepped up big time for us last year when Morelos was pissing around. Sent us into the CL with important goals in qualifying and banged them in for us in the league too before the World Cup break.

Best of luck to him. Had a really solid start with us then it sort of fizzled out but he scored some important goals and seemed to love his time here.

Am I the only one that thinks it’s a mistake letting this boy go?

I suppose if we're making £2.5m for him then it's more than we paid and he doesn't perfectly suit Beale's mould. I don't think we can rely on Roofe to stay fit either though and I'd be disappointed if we lost Sakala without replacing him.

Good luck big tony goals.
Always came across as a right good lad.
Was never getting the minutes this season, right move for everyone. Leaves well thought of and always welcome back.

I think generally we have such a strange support - they all agree we need to rebuild and move bodies on, but when we actually do it we have the oddballs claiming it's a massive mistake.

Colak was fine in a team making 10-15 chances in a game but in the trickier games he was man down material. His limitations were badly exposed once he stopped scoring - he gave us almost next to nothing. Couldn't run in behind, couldn't hold the ball up and couldn't bring others into play.

I feel pretty confident that Colak will not go on to be somebody that we regret selling. Decent player in a counter attacking team but absolutely dire out his comfort zone and not somebody we could carry in the hope he would nab a goal.

I for one never felt like he could come off the bench and make a difference.

Last edited:
All the best to him; wasn't a fan of him necessarily, but hopefully he does well at his new club.

Great move for him that. They've got a big chance of promotion.
Its gonna be some race thats for sure some absolutely massive names involved again.

How many goals do you think he will get if he stays fit ? 30, 40 ?

and do any uk channels cover parma games or the 2nd league ?

I think generally we have such a strange support - they all agree we need to rebuild and move bodies on, but when we actually do it we have the oddballs claiming it's a massive mistake.

Colak was fine in a team making 10-15 chances in a game but in the trickier games he was man down material. His limitations were badly exposed once he stopped scoring - he gave us almost next to nothing. Couldn't run in behind, couldn't hold the ball up and couldn't bring others into play.

I feel pretty confident that Colak will not go on to be somebody that we regret selling. Decent player in a counter attacking team but absolutely dire out his comfort zone and not somebody we could carry in the hope he would nab a goal.

I for one never felt like he could come off the bench and make a difference.

I'd say a large part of that is because we set up to play as if we still had Morelos up top despite that not being Colak's game at all. His link up play was much better than he gets credit for as well.

Not a fan of the big man at all, but would like to thank him for his goals and how he represented the club.

All the best and hope he does well for Parma.

Good luck to Toni.

But. . What is the reason for undisclosed in the deal. Always suggests to me, we didn't get what we were looking for.

Might be the Football Italia nostalgia in me, but Parma seems like a good team to sign for. Best of luck to him, he seemed a good guy

Liked the big guy but definitely feel we need to upgrade to progress, be good for him to get into a squad where he's the main starting striker.

Good guy off the pitch,nowhere near good enough on it but wish him well.
Can you not wish him well without bashing him? Wouldn’t have made the champions league without him. Put the ball in the net the most out of our forward players.

He came in, done a job and now doesn’t suit our style of play so is moving on.

Wish him all the best

Can you not wish him well without bashing him? Wouldn’t have made the champions league without him. Put the ball in the net the most out of our forward players.

He came in, done a job and now doesn’t suit our style of play so is moving on.

Wish him all the best
Not ‘bashing’ him at all just pointing out the blatantly obvious.

Not ‘bashing’ him at all just pointing out the blatantly obvious.

“Nowhere near good enough” being our 2nd top scorer despite missing the majority of the 2nd half of the season with injuries.

So I assume you think none of our attacking players are anywhere near good enough then?

He was brought in to score goals and he scored goals. What more do you want?

Back