Colak - no doubt he's our main striker now

Fs you call that chance a sitter? I’ve never seen a player miss so many sitters against our biggest rivals than Morelos has.
If Morelos missed that there’d have been a 10 page thread on it. Maybe 20 pages if he missed it and also stood like a traffic cone for 25 minutes.

Capable of what exactly? Having 12 more touches than Colak?

What exactly are you comparing here?

Getting us up the pitch. Being involved. Being more than just a passenger. Being the out-ball.

Jesus man. I actually wrote exactly what i meant on my original post.

Look. Our best performance of the group stages came with Morelos starting. Against Napoli, we were excellent until the red. Morelos had 27 touches. He was retaining posession and getting us higher up the pitch. You can visually see a difference in us - i only added the stats to support my point, not define it.

And Napoli are a better team than Liverpool right now, so if we can perform against them, then it makes sense to compare the performances to see what the differences were

Getting us up the pitch. Being involved. Being more than just a passenger. Being the out-ball.

Look. Our best performance of the group stages came with Morelos starting. Against Napoli, we were excellent until the red. Morelos had 27 touches. He was retaining posession and getting us higher up the pitch. You can visually see a difference in us - i only added the stats to support my point, not define it.

And Napoli are a better team than Liverpool right now, so if we can perform against them, then it makes sense to compare the performances to see what the differences were
Imagine having to explain to people on here how Morelos is a more effective striker than Colak,people really need to give themselves a shake on here.

He literally done none of that against Liverpool last week, so what's the excuse there?

I know what you wrote, it just doesn't make any sense and you've failed to explain it to me. We weren't good against Napoli just because Morelos played, are you suggesting that? And why didn't he score/assist? Surely that's how we measure our strikers effectiveness?

This new fascination about the number of touches a striker has in these games is just weird.

Both Colak and Morelos have been pish in the Champions League group games, let's just call it as it is. The difference, however, is that Colak has actually produced in other games and was a key reason for us actually getting to the groups.

Nothing to do with the number of them. He got dogs abuse after missing his first decent chance against them. But big Colak last night, Anfield and the piggery? Nothing to see here move along.
In his first season I don’t recall Morelos ever getting dogs abuse because he was a breath of fresh air at the time and he didn’t get silly red cards that season either. So forgive me for not giving colak dogs abuse in his first season after scoring 14 goals in his first 18 games whilst playing in a solid champions league group.

He literally done none of that against Liverpool last week, so what's the excuse there?

I know what you wrote, it just doesn't make any sense and you've failed to explain it to me. We weren't good against Napoli just because Morelos played, are you suggesting that? And why didn't he score/assist? Surely that's how we measure our strikers effectiveness?

This new fascination about the number of touches a striker has in these games is just weird.

Both Colak and Morelos have been pish in the Champions League group games, let's just call it as it is. The difference, however, is that Colak has actually produced in other games and was a key reason for us actually getting to the groups.

Okay forget the stats. Straight question then. Do you think Colak is better than Morelos at holding it up, getting players involved and getting us further up the pitch?

Imagine having to explain to people on here how Morelos is a more effective striker than Colak,people really need to give themselves a shake on here.

I dont understand how this is even a debate. Genuinely, mate.

Im not sure how people can watch football their whole life, and not actually understand what they are watching

Okay forget the stats. Straight question then. Do you think Colak is better than Morelos at holding it up, getting players involved and getting us further up the pitch?

No, Morelos is better at those things.

However, two things. 1) that's not really got anything to do with number of touches does it? and 2) I've yet to see Morelos do any of those things well this season.

The guy isn't match fit and is a million miles away from Morelos of years gone by, and hence by and large he's been shite this season.

In his first season I don’t recall Morelos ever getting dogs abuse because he was a breath of fresh air at the time and he didn’t get silly red cards that season either. So forgive me for not giving colak dogs abuse in his first season after scoring 14 goals in his first 18 games whilst playing in a solid champions league group.
Well I remember it quite well. Curiously enough I don’t recall anyone arguing with Walter’s choice to bench his free scoring SPL player in OF and European games either.

This is where you should heed your own advice re context. That might be true for run of the mill games in the SPL, but do you seriously expect us to have a lot of possession in areas of the pitch Colak operates when we're playing teams like Liverpool, Ajax and Napoli?

Still struggling to understand why we're beating him because he didn't have a lot of touches.

We know how Colak plays, he thrives on service and last night he got zilch. Granted, he was pish when he had possession but the context is key here.
All we can say for certain is last week Morelos up top = rotten and zero chances created

Last night with Colak up front = several chances created, goal scored which he was involved in.

Of course the usuals like Pirlo are determined to paint Colak as some sort of European game diddy despite being a major part of us qualifying for the CL with his goals vs PSV

Fair to say some posters just can’t come to terms with Morelos being number 2

All we can say for certain is last week Morelos up top = rotten and zero chances created

Last night with Colak up front = several chances created, goal scored which he was involved in.

Of course the usuals like Pirlo are determined to paint Colak as some sort of European game diddy despite being a major part of us qualifying for the CL with his goals vs PSV

You know they're becoming desperate when they're moving onto comparing the number of touches FFS.

I dont understand how this is even a debate. Genuinely, mate.

Im not sure how people can watch football their whole life, and not actually understand what they are watching
I can’t see his posts because he’s on ignore but I don’t have to see them to know what he’ll be saying. The funny thing is he thinks he knows about football and regularly trots out that cringe inducing line “have you ever even kicked a ball” - meaning have you ever played the game, like Dean Windass and Paul Merson have.

What’s even funnier is he went around liking my posts a while back before he realised who I was, was actually pissing myself at that to be honest. You’re arguing with a guy who was chuffed with Aaron Ramsey’s contribution here and just happy to have had him grace us with his presence.

Peak Morelos? Absolutely not.

Current Morelos? There’s very little between them on current evidence from Morelos this season from the attributes you mention

Major difference being Colak is scoring regularly and is only 2 goals shy of Morelos total league tally for all of last season despite only being in early October.

No, Morelos is better at those things.

However, two things. 1) that's not really got anything to do with number of touches does it? and 2) I've yet to see Morelos do any of those things well this season.

The guy isn't match fit and is a million miles away from Morelos of years gone by.

Touches indicate involvement. Its a fairly straight-forward concept mate. If a Rangers striker only touches the ball 12 times in a game at Ibrox. It means 2 things, hes not looking for it enough, and hes not holding onto it enough.

Alfie came onto the pitch at 1-4 down to play with a team thats head had long since went down. And in 15 minutes, he touched the ball only 5 times less than Colak did in the previous 75. It tells me Alfie went looking for it, while Colak didnt and waited for service. I think thats a reasonable conclusion and supported by what i actually saw with my eyes.

In the original post you quoted i actually said Colak deserved to start - but it should have been changed much sooner because it wasnt working

Well I remember it quite well. Curiously enough I don’t recall anyone arguing with Walter’s choice to bench his free scoring SPL player in OF and European games either.
Walter had alternative options such as Cousin, Darcheville, Miller to name a few during his spell

Our alternative is a heavyweight Morelos that’s already let the club down with his attitude and not for the first time. And huge question marks remain as to whether he even wants to be here

Current Morelos? There’s very little between them on current evidence from Morelos this season from the attributes you mention

Major difference being Colak is scoring regularly and is only 2 goals shy of Morelos total league tally for all of last season despite only being in early October.

But again mate, Morelos isnt match fit. He needs game time. But like we previously discussed, he cant get it because Colak has been undroppable domestically.

I can’t see his posts because he’s on ignore but I don’t have to see them to know what he’ll be saying. The funny thing is he thinks he knows about football and regularly trots out that cringe inducing line “have you ever even kicked a ball” - meaning have you ever played the game, like Dean Windass and Paul Merson have.

What’s even funnier is he went around liking my posts a while back before he realised who I was, was actually pissing myself at that to be honest. You’re arguing with a guy who was chuffed with Aaron Ramsey’s contribution here and just happy to have had him grace us with his presence.

Let's be clear here.

You have me on ignore because you can't stand the fact I will consistently out you as DangerZone, the guy who told us Luis Suarez was average and downplaying Tav's EL goalscoring record "because he takes penalties" as if they're all givens.

On this topic, others will at least offer a reasoned opinion. You on the other hand continue to litter these threads with absolute diarrhoea.

And yes, it is very obvious that you haven't ever kicked a ball.

Touches indicate involvement. Its a fairly straight-forward concept mate. If a Rangers striker only touches the ball 12 times in a game at Ibrox. It means 2 things, hes not looking for it enough, and hes not holding onto it enough.

Alfie came onto the pitch at 1-4 down to play with a team thats head had long since went down. And in 15 minutes, he touched the ball only 5 times less than Colak did in the previous 75. It tells me Alfie went looking for it, while Colak didnt and waited for service. I think thats a reasonable conclusion and supported by what i actually saw with my eyes.

In the original post you quoted i actually said Colak deserved to start - but it should have been changed much sooner because it wasnt working
What I saw with my eyes was a full first half of Colak hunting down their defence, putting them under pressure to lump it straight to our defence or out the park many times. Add in involvement in link up play for our goal.

He hunted them down early second half but wasn’t backed up

Morelos came on when the game was completely done and he had fresh legs either side of him.

I think you’re clutching at Morelos brief appearance last night and deliberately playing down Colak’s first half unselfish shift

What I saw with my eyes was a full first half of Colak hunting down their defence, putting them under pressure to lump it straight to our defence or out the park many times. Add in involvement in link up play for our goal.

He hunted them down early second half but wasn’t backed up

Morelos came on when the game was completely done and he had fresh legs either side of him.

I think you’re clutching at Morelos brief appearance last night and deliberately playing down Colak’s first half unselfish shift

Haha. Nice try. No danger you can give a striker credit for running about. We arent Celtic.

I think that's an incredibly oversimplified way of looking at why a player might not have a lot of touches in a game. Nothing to do with the fact it's an 11 man team game and that all too often in these games we're just not getting the strikers involved? Like Morelos wasn't at Anfield?

We know Colak is not the kind of striker to go looking for the ball so why are we now beating him up for it? We knew the only way to get the best out of him was to get him service. We never did that and therefore he was almost anonymous.

Morelos did absolutely fcuk all when he came on as well, let's not get desperate here mate.

Haha. Nice try. No danger you can give a striker credit for running about. We arent Celtic.
You’re making out that he was a headless chicken when the reality is he led the press which seen us turn in a first half display that should have seen us leading at HT.

And you of course fail to mention his involvement in our only CL goal scored so far

However, you’ll defend Morelos contribution last week at Anfield and some touches he had last night when he came on as some form of achievement

Not really following your logic tbh

Walter had alternative options such as Cousin, Darcheville, Miller to name a few during his spell

Our alternative is a heavyweight Morelos that’s already let the club down with his attitude and not for the first time. And huge question marks remain as to whether he even wants to be here
Yes, because Cousin’s attitude was absolutely spot on and you’d have never seen him let us down in a big game, and Darcheville’s fitness was bang on too. Morelos has let the club and fans down, but that’s been and gone and he’s fit now, he’s just not match fit and it’s something he’ll never get without game time. And even without match fitness he has more to offer in these games than Colak.

@Hurricane Run run already articulated this quite well if you go and read his post. It’s absolutely undeniable, but some people are so consumed by bitterness they’d rather cut their nose off to spite their face where Morelos is concerned. The bottom line with regards to Walter is he knew Boyd couldn’t hold the ball, couldn’t battle defenders as effectively and couldn’t pass water, hence why he almost always opted to go with an alternative in big games despite his incredible domestic tally. But what did Walter ever know…..

I think that's an incredibly oversimplified way of looking at why a player might not have a lot of touches in a game. Nothing to do with the fact it's an 11 man team game and that all too often in these games we're just not getting the strikers involved? Like Morelos wasn't at Anfield?

We know Colak is not the kind of striker to go looking for the ball so why are now beating him up for it? We knew the only way to get the best out of him was to get him service. We never did that and therefore he was almost anonymous.

Morelos did absolutely fcuk all when he came on as well, let's not get desperate here mate.

See the difference between us, is i can say that i thought Morelos was poor at Anfield. He was still more involved than Colak was in the return fixture though.

You are actually putting words in my mouth. I never said Morelos was excellent when he came on at all. My point about the touches was to show exactly how little Colak actually did.

Last edited:
You’re making out that he was a headless chicken when the reality is he led the press which seen us turn in a first half display that should have seen us leading at HT.

And you of course fail to mention his involvement in our only CL goal scored so far

However, you’ll defend Morelos contribution last week at Anfield and some touches he had last night when he came on as some form of achievement

Not really following your logic tbh

You arent even reading my posts. Thats a bizarre spin to put on them.

Youve even admitted yourself that Morelos is better at holding the ball up and getting others involved - so im not even sure what we are debating anymore.

This is part of the issue people have with you Del, even when he was in good form you were still sniping away at Morelos relentlessly and called for him to be sold for buttons. It’s that sort of thing that shines a light on your glaring agenda and gives you the notoriety you have.

Still going on about Colak being the number 1 striker,he certainly isn’t and never will be better than Morelos.Granted he’ll get goals in games we create loads of chances but he should be nowhere near the team in the biggest games,that should be left to the number 1 striker;)
He is better than this current version of Morelos, he’s nowhere near as good as the old version of Morelos that people romanticise about though. Morelos is nothing like the player he once was.

Colak has atleast performed well domestically, I’m not sure Morelos has had as much as a good game where he’s been one of our better performers.

Yes, because Cousin’s attitude was absolutely spot on and you’d have never seen him let us down in a big game, and Darcheville’s fitness was bang on too. Morelos has let the club and fans down, but that’s been and gone and he’s fit now, he’s just not match fit and it’s something he’ll never get without game time. And even without match fitness he has more to offer in these games than Colak.

@Hurricane Run run already articulated this quite well if you go and read his post. It’s absolutely undeniable, but some people are so consumed by bitterness they’d rather cut their nose off to spite their face where Morelos is concerned. The bottom line with regards to Walter is he knew Boyd couldn’t hold the ball, couldn’t battle defenders as effectively and couldn’t pass water, hence why he almost always opted to go with an alternative in big games despite his incredible domestic tally. But what did Walter ever know…..

Funnily enough, the same posters have both admitted themselves Morelos does more. So its hard to say they are being objective at this point.

Like you say. Its undeniable. I refer anyone who wants a strikers opinion on it, to watch Boyd describe the differences between them.

See the difference between us is i can say, i thought Morelos was poor at Anfield. He was still more involved than Colak was in the return fixture though.

You are actually putting words in my mouth. I never said Morelos was excellent when he came on at all. My point about the touches was to show exactly how little Colak actually did.

Fair enough.

We can agree to disagree on the merits of the number of touches each player has had in each of their games played. I don't think either player has played well in any of the Champions League group games so I'm certainly not trying to push an agenda for or against anyone here.

I'm merely challenging this defence of playing Morelos because he touches the ball more, when in reality he's done very little this season to suggest he would have made any difference last night.

Funnily enough, the same posters have both admitted themselves Morelos does more. So its hard to say they are being objective at this point.

Like you say. Its undeniable. I refer anyone who wants a strikers opinion on it, to watch Boyd describe the differences between them.
It would be interesting to see if Boyd would get the “have you ever actually kicked a ball” treatment from SAF Mk II over there….

He is better than this current version of Morelos, he’s nowhere near as good as the old version of Morelos that people romanticise about though. Morelos is nothing like the player he once was.

Colak has atleast performed well domestically, I’m not sure Morelos has had as much as a good game where he’s been one of our better performers.
He will never be better than Morelos no matter what ‘version’ you talk about.There will be games where Colak will play his part & he is a massive upgrade on Itten but I’d have Morelos over him every time.

I would just play the pair of them, who knows it might be a dynamite partnership. Why have two wingers, I would prefer two strikers in the team.

Really is staggering how over rated Morelos still is.

Our rivals must be pishing themselves with the idiots who still see anything remotely worth persisting in with him.
What an idiotic comment haha

The fact you claim the current version of Morelos has more to offer than Colak in these games is laughable and nothing more than misty eyed nonsense

You’re behaving like a bunny boiler here as you often do with Morelos. Your snide posts towards Colak tells me that for you, it’s very much Morelos first, Rangers interests second in your eyes

See the difference between us, is i can say that i thought Morelos was poor at Anfield. He was still more involved than Colak was in the return fixture though.

How can you say Morelos was more involved at Anfield last week than Colak was last night?

At Anfield with Morelos on the park = 0 chances. Did we even have a shot on goal?

Colak last night = key lay off leading to our only goal. Consistently applied pressure on their defence leading to multiple forced errors for us to regain possession.

Rangers supporters hurting when a Rangers player scores? This threads going a bit mental.
It went Mental when it was a thread about Colak and was turned into how good is Morelos, we know he hardly scores now and doesn't look fit but he can't half-play a six-yard pass better than Colak.

Embrace the Colak he scores goals.

How can you say Morelos was more involved at Anfield last week than Colak was last night?

At Anfield with Morelos on the park = 0 chances. Did we even have a shot on goal?

Colak last night = key lay off leading to our only goal. Consistently applied pressure on their defence leading to multiple forced errors for us to regain possession.

More touches mate.

12 more touches.

The comparison of Colak this week vs Morelos last week is as if people have never watched us in Europe under Gio before.

Here’s a hint: we’re always shite away and he always needs 90 minutes to get a clue as to what he’s doing tactically.

You arent even reading my posts. Thats a bizarre spin to put on them.

Youve even admitted yourself that Morelos is better at holding the ball up and getting others involved - so im not even sure what we are debating anymore.
I agree with you, when we have a good version of Morelos.

Right now I think he’s nowhere close to a good version hence why for me, if it’s a choice between them, it’s Colak every time.

I actually said the other week I’d start Morelos at Anfield. Having seen the outcome, my view now is that unless Morelos finds his old version then Colak should be starting every game.

Preference as mentioned earlier is to see them together but I don’t see Gio doing it

It’s almost like the club played different tactics both games…

Back