Colak - no doubt he's our main striker now

This is part of the issue people have with you Del, even when he was in good form you were still sniping away at Morelos relentlessly and called for him to be sold for buttons. It’s that sort of thing that shines a light on your glaring agenda and gives you the notoriety you have.
When he was in his golden form I didn’t snipe or criticise. Was full of praise.

Sadly we were starved of any quality player for too long due to the lower divisions and so when Morelos came on the scene the majority of fans adored him but too many make excuses after excuse. Even when he deserved criticism which a small amount of us posted on here, we were shot down and hunted as though he was beyond criticism.

Even last month when left behind, we had some of his fan club blaming Gio, Ross Wilson, David Graham for publicly stating he wasn’t travelling to PSV instead of blaming the player.

For me, the sooner he departs the better and eventually his fan club will get over it

What an idiotic comment haha
Honestly is hilarious how low the bar is.

Guy who scores on average about 11 goals in Scotland a season and spend half the season unfit or wanting to leave.

Don’t know when it’s going to sink in for some people being unplayable against Dortmund means %^*& all if you lack the consistency and professionalism needed to do the boring work domestically every year.

It’s almost like the club played different tactics both games…
Had Morelos started last night we wouldn’t have been able to press them as intense as we did last night with Colak purely due to the complete difference with both players fitness levels.

The fact you claim the current version of Morelos has more to offer than Colak in these games is laughable and nothing more than misty eyed nonsense

You’re behaving like a bunny boiler here as you often do with Morelos. Your snide posts towards Colak tells me that for you, it’s very much Morelos first, Rangers interests second in your eyes
I love Colak though, and if Morelos is sold then so be it. I’ll say what I say to you every time, there’s a reason you have the notoriety you have on here, there’s a reason you’re famous for being the only guy in Scotland who pushes Andy Walker for the title of biggest Morelos detractor.

Look at Hurricane’s post. I was going to say you can’t argue with the facts but hey you’re still trying. Unfortunately you’re pissing in the wind and it’s blowing all over your paws, as usual. And by the way, when I dismantle your post and you can’t even counter one thing I’ve said, it looks really bad for you.

More touches mate.

12 more touches.
Doesn’t that just say players behind him found him with a pass? I seen the ball cannon off him especially at the weekend when it was easier to control, a touch that made Kenny Miller look like Berbatov

You always have a dig at him for being unfit yet your not willing him the chance to get fit.
Yes, I'm not as I do not think he has much to offer now.

In his last 19 games, he has scored three goals that's for your next question when you ask why I think that.

How is it trolling he's offered next to nothing this season?
He’s hardly played,the games he has played we looked a much better side against Napoli at Ibrox,he came on and scored at Tynecastle he came on and set 1 up last week.

Stop talking nonsense.

Doesn’t that just say players behind him found him with a pass? I seen the ball cannon off him especially at the weekend when it was easier to control, a touch that made Kenny Miller look like Berbatov

I honestly don't know what it says but apparently it's the new metric that determines who is the better striker.

Yeah, Morelos who started that game and missed a sitter in minute 1 and another great chance just before HT. Brilliant so he was.
You missed the point then. The poster said we couldn’t start like we did last night if Morelos was playing, given we did v Napoli it’s nonsense.

Also, the double standards back I see.

He’s hardly played,the games he has played we looked a much better side against Napoli at Ibrox,he came on and scored at Tynecastle he came on and set 1 up last week.

Stop talking nonsense.
Tynecastle he came on when the game was done after a certain striker put us 2-0 up with 2 chances ….

Stop talking nonsense.
He got pushed off the ball far too easily against Napoli but I will give him that as he was up against a giant.

As I mentioned already he has three in 19 games he's not what we need.

This nonsense on Morelos is done to death now if posters still rate him that's fair enough but you also have to see why some do not.

You missed the point then. The poster said we couldn’t start like we did last night if Morelos was playing, given we did v Napoli it’s nonsense.

Also, the double standards back I see.

But you surely acknowledge he missed two very good chances to put us ahead in that game before the shit hit the fan?

You know, the kind of thing a striker should be judged on he failed at in that game.

Tynecastle he came on when the game was done after a certain striker put us 2-0 up with 2 chances ….
The poster said Morelos has done nothing this season,wrong.

What is it with your hate for Morelos it’s very weird for a so called Rangers supporter.

But you surely acknowledge he missed two very good chances to put us ahead in that game before the shit hit the form?

You know, the kind of thing a striker should be judged on he failed at in that game.
Should’ve scored the header yes I can’t remember the other one.

It still doesn’t disprove my point that the poster was talking nonsense.

He is a great goal scorer.

I got pelters for saying he was rotten in Belgium. But he was. Because a player like him always will be in a system Gio sets up like that,

I was happy with his goal and I even commented on his set-up play for Sakala's goal.

But that doesn't mean he should replace Colak.
And I don’t think he should domestically over the course of a season untill he proves he can.

I do think he needs match fitness and you only get that by starting games, I believe we could afford to make a few changes on Sunday without harming our chances. But you know that.

He got pushed off the ball far too easily against Napoli but I will give him that as he was up against a giant.

This nonsense on Morelos is done to death now if posters still rate him that's fair enough but you also have to see why some do not.
Morelos isn’t what we need? What about all the games Colak has offered absolutely nothing? USG away Ajax away Livi away Celtic away hibs away poor last night?

At least when Morelos isn’t scoring he offers a lot more.

It works both ways. I’ve questioned his attitude after Hibs, I’ve also said that Colak is a better penalty box striker.

It’s when people refuse to criticise players because of who would be challenging that player for a start that annoys me.

Morelos isn’t what we need? What about all the games Colak has offered absolutely nothing? USG away Ajax away Livi away Celtic away hibs away poor last night?

Ironic you called someone else out for hating Morelos and yet you seem to show a similar distain for the leagues top scorer and the guy who got us into the groups.

Weird behaviour.

Oh, behave yourself this isn't even rational.

It's fair that you rate Morelos I can understand that but to not rate Colak who has 13 goals in 17 games does mean to me you are not thinking straight.

Mentioning Hibs away also when Morelos chucked away the points with his indiscipline is not helping your point either.

What did Morelos offer us against hibs? Oh that’s right he let the fans down again and got another silly red card.

Oh, behave yourself this isn't even rational.

It's fair that you rate Morelos I can understand that but to not rate Colak who has 13 goals in 17 games does mean to me you are not thinking straight.

Mentioning Hibs away also when Morelos chucked away the points with his indiscipline is not helping your point either.
Who said I don’t rate Colak? He’s very good at what he does but Morelos is a better player,simple really.

Who said I don’t rate Colak? He’s very good at what he does but Morelos is a better player,simple really.
So what would have happened if we didn't sign Colak and we relied on Morelos this season?

If Morelos is the better player why is he lagging so far behind Colak in terms of goals as a striker, you know the way you judge strikers?

Anyone who thinks Colak is a better striker than Morelos is deluded.
Similar to the ones who though Boyd was a better striker than Cousin a few years back.
Great goal scorer but not great at linking play against good opposition in the UCL.

So what would have happened if we didn't sign Colak and we relied on Morelos this season?

If Morelos is the better player why is he lagging so far behind Colak in terms of goals as a striker, you know the way you judge strikers?
You seriously think Colak is a better player than Morelos? Colak is a very good goal scorer in games we create loads of chances.

No one in their right mind can say he’s a better player than Morelos.

Colak is a phenomenal finisher but he's also a flat track bully. Good against lower quality but fairly ineffective when up against decent European level opponents.

You seriously think Colak is a better player than Morelos? Colak is a very good goal scorer in games we create loads of chances.

No one in their right mind can say he’s a better player than Morelos.
I think he's much better and his attributes outside the box and link-up play create goals as well as scores them, I think they are often overlooked.
He is also fit and looks after himself and wants to carve out a career at Rangers.

There is no real downside for me on Colak, he's also one goal away from Morelos's tally for the whole of last season with ten in 9 league games, phenomenal.

I think he's much better and his attributes outside the box and link-up play create goals as well as scores them, I think they are often overlooked.
He is also fit and looks after himself and wants to carve out a career at Rangers.

There is no real downside for me on Colak.
Colaks attributes outside the box & link up play??

Now I know your at the wind up hahaha

How he did it last night for Arfields goal then he did it to Ryan Kent against Hearts then made the run into the box for the headed goal.
Also against PSV he was everywhere.

I don't think you are watching him at all and just regurgitating snippets you read on here.

How he did it last night for Arfields goal then he did it to Ryan Kent against Hearts then made the run into the box for the headed goal.
Also against PSV he was everywhere.

I don't think you are watching him at all and just regurgitating snippets you read on here.
I’m at every game Rangers play home away & abroad,you? so again please stop talking nonsense.

I’m at every game Rangers play home away & abroad,you? so again please stop talking nonsense.
Well, you should know better than just post made-up nonsense then as it's clear he's also done well outside the box with his link-up play.

That's only a few I mentioned in the last couple of games I'm sure there are many more.

He also thought Defoe should have been number 1 pick while he was here on account of his goals per game ratio playing against the weaker sides in the league and getting a few goals late in games when opponents were well and truly beaten.

Just over a year ago he was raging at Morelos for having a weeks holiday after the copa america. Point is you can’t really take anything he says too seriously.

Gio getting stick for the time it took the subs to get on. Morelos is in camera putting his shin pads on. Camera pans away then comes back about 30 seconds later and he's still fannying around putting them on!

It’s clear to see certain posters are still clinging onto the player Morelos was three years ago. Since then he’s put on much more weight and carries more weight now. As a result he lost any kind of burst of pace he had with that decision to put on the weight.

I reckon by the end of the seaons colak will have scored more goals this season than Morelos has scored the past two league seasons combined. That’s how mediocre he’s been in front of goal for the past couple of seasons.

The Morelos of old is gone and he’s not and will never be the same player he once was. Even his link up play has deteriorated due to his inability to run the channel well given he’s lost any kind of pace he had.

He needs to be sold in January for whatever we can get. And we must look to bring someone in who suits playing the lone striker role in these big games.

Colak’s goal scoring ability in the league is hard to find in strikers and it is why he’ll play most league games for us. But it’s clear he’s not suited to playing in these types of games, just doesn’t suit his style of play. It could very much be different in the bigger games in the league given that we will still get a good amount of chances and he’s most likely to put away at least one or two.

Back