Current Ibrox Stadium Problems and Future Redevelopments

I see the builders who planned to put houses on the Albion car park are no more.

Sad news for those employed by them of course.

Good news from a fans perspective. I don't think we should be hemming in Ibrox stadium and with the constant restrictions being proposed for parking every space is required.

I see the builders who planned to put houses on the Albion car park are no more.

Sad news for those employed by them of course.

Good news from a fans perspective. I don't think we should be hemming in Ibrox stadium and with the constant restrictions being proposed for parking every space is required.

The sale of half the Albion Car Park for housing was part of the deal getting used to pay off Edmiston House. Need to find money elsewhere now to be able to do that. Still in the process of putting the new screens on.

I know this has been covered on another thread but would like to post about it on here to keep track of all the latest developments at the club.

After a full year of the Blue Sky Lounge being in business after being renovated from the old Argyle House Restaurant, the club have finally decided to relaunch the famous Sunday carvery at Ibrox which was a massive hit with fans previously! The carvery will be getting expanded over the next few weeks to enhance the overall experience. £35 for adults and £17.50 for kids. 15% off with MyGers membership.

Watched a drone video today of the new Anfield Road stand at Liverpool and outside they have paved areas dedicated to their most important figures and one of them is for Archibald Leitch who designed their original main stand.
Got me thinking should we maybe do something similar for him at Ibrox, either on Edmiston Drive or even at the front of the West Club Deck turnstiles?

Watched a drone video today of the new Anfield Road stand at Liverpool and outside they have paved areas dedicated to their most important figures and one of them is for Archibald Leitch who designed their original main stand.
Got me thinking should we maybe do something similar for him at Ibrox, either on Edmiston Drive or even at the front of the West Club Deck turnstiles?
The stadium is his monument. He doesn’t need anything more

On the first page with the artist drawings of NEH there is building out the back of it down towards the subway. Sure they had talked about wee pop up shops and stuff a bit like Barcelona have in their fan zone. Anyone know if this is still a plan for the future? Sure there was also a drawing with new slabs between the shop and the gates and new lighting etc.

IMG-20210812-090151.jpg

That’s the first time I’ve seen plans with buildings behind the new fan zone. Any ideas what they are?

Good thread btw. There are a few areas we need to improve on. There was a phase of lots happening at one point but it does seem to have slowed down.
This was the drawing

The new Rangers Sports Bar (replacing the old Rangers Megastore) coming January 2024!

Edmiston House (featuring the new Rangers Museum, The Rangers Store, Café and Fan Zone) and The new Copland Way:
maxresdefault.jpg

IMG-20210812-090317.jpg

IMG-20210812-090151.jpg

20230818-105048.jpg

20230818-104335.jpg

20230818-105412.jpg

20230818-105133.jpg

Club 72:
IMG-20210812-084643.jpg

IMG-20210812-084648.jpg

IMG-20210812-084650.jpg

Blue Sky Lounge:
20230818-105726.jpg

Forrest Precision Executive Lounge:
IMG-20210812-084420.jpg

Menu by Gordon Ramsay at Ibrox:
20230818-104300.jpg

20230818-104302.jpg

Ibrox Stadium Capacity Increase Plans:
IMG-20210812-075619.jpg

IMG-20210812-075622.jpg

Rangers Ticket Centre and Away Bus Car Park being turned into parking spaces:
IMG-20210812-090638.jpg

IMG-20210812-090636.jpg

The Albion Car Park to be halved for housing:
IMG-20210812-151427.jpg

IMG-20210812-151353.jpg

Things that the club already have improved off the pitch:

Rangers Training Centre - Various upgrades to modernise building interior, exterior and surrounds.

Ibrox -
Dressing Rooms
Tunnel Area
Players Lounge
New Kitchen
Referee's Room
New Press Room
The Rangers Stores - Edmiston House, Buchanan Galleries, Glasgow Airport, Ayr and Belfast
New LED Boards, Scoreboards and Clock
New Hybrid Pitch
New panels on roof
New Sky WiFi
New Card and Contactless Payment at Concourses
Pressure Washed Main Stand Beam
Refurbished Scottish Saltire panelling on Main Stand Front
New Wall of Champions panel and Children's Pitch both behind Copland Stand
The 2nd picture in this was the area meant to be lit all up.

What’s the point of that pully system in there when the UB etc will be moving to the other side

The club would be better obtaining a licence off Glasgow City Council for the three opposing stands if the Union Bears will be moving to the Copland soon enough. Would mean they could do displays for the stands facing the TV camera if ever they wanted to do something big for European or Old Firm games. No point having it for just the one stand and it's the one they'll no longer be in!

On the first page with the artist drawings of NEH there is building out the back of it down towards the subway. Sure they had talked about wee pop up shops and stuff a bit like Barcelona have in their fan zone. Anyone know if this is still a plan for the future? Sure there was also a drawing with new slabs between the shop and the gates and new lighting etc.

I would imagine your last point will be completed within the next year or two. Something that could be done very easily close season when it all gets a bit quieter during the summer months. Club maybe not seeing it as priority right now.

As for the buildings I'm honestly not too sure. Rangers would most likely sell that off to Glasgow City Council for housing, but from our point of view would rather we utilised that space in favour of Rangers to generate money from it and it all goes back into the club. Even if we were to build a new Ticket Office there instead of having the current portacabins located outside the away section. Or as others have previously mentioned, a hotel.

Any sports bar update? ‘Early 2024’
Scott arfields, bar will be open before the sports bar at this rate.
Could it be ,getting near end of the season, not worth the outlay ,for a few games,or linked in with the work to copland in close season?
It is a missed opportunity, for revenue, all the home games missed

This was discussed on here in Jan. The Walter Smith statue is being discussed for 2025 as a possible target date.

Details in the Fans Advisory Board Minutes from January

That's strange... James Bisgrove quote from 7 November 2023.

"Laying new pitch in facility across from Ibrox. Great museum, really proud of that. Menu by Gordon Ramsay is an unbelievable partnership, we will soon be launching his new menu in the Blue sky Lounge.

Toilets upgraded in Copland lower with new disabled facilities also going in. The top of Ibrox main stand will be getting cleaned in coming months also. The footprint of the stadium is also in our plans to resurface.

Walter Smith statue will be unveiled into the New Year and will be a special moment for the club."

https://fourladshadadream.blog/2023...-managers-comments-dof-update-stadium-update/

Let's be honest the NEH project is fantastic but has cost millions. Along with the sports bar and stadium upgrades the funds are limited. I think the housing on albion car park falling through has been a huge blow to finances and I'm sure the club don't want to compromise the player budget.

Let's be honest the NEH project is fantastic but has cost millions. Along with the sports bar and stadium upgrades the funds are limited. I think the housing on albion car park falling through has been a huge blow to finances and I'm sure the club don't want to compromise the player budget.

I think the club were banking on the housing being built on the Albion Car Park to have paid off a lot of the money for NEH. That didn't happen, thankfully, from a fans perspective of wanting to keep as much land as possible that we own. Club will need to cut down if they want to pay NEH off.

Not to mention we'll be getting so many players off the wage bill in the summer to free up funds thankfully.

My preference for the area beside NEH would be for an outdoor 5s sized artificial pitch, NEH is a great space but there isn't much for kids, the pitch would allow them to run games/activities during the better weather whilst still being in the same vicinity to create more of an all in one fan zone.

There are some daft little things I find frustrating about NEH, either film the Q&A and show on the screens in the fan space or have the guests on stools, when they sit down on sofas and you're a short arse like me, it becomes essentially a radio show, easy fixes, hopefully part of teething problems.

That would have been a huge influence on how things have progressed. The board will have had to find the money to bridge the gap. This would have slowed things down considerably. I just wish the board would explain these situations. Most fans would understand and appreciate not being left in the dark.

My preference for the area beside NEH would be for an outdoor 5s sized artificial pitch, NEH is a great space but there isn't much for kids, the pitch would allow them to run games/activities during the better weather whilst still being in the same vicinity to create more of an all in one fan zone.

There are some daft little things I find frustrating about NEH, either film the Q&A and show on the screens in the fan space or have the guests on stools, when they sit down on sofas and you're a short arse like me, it becomes essentially a radio show, easy fixes, hopefully part of teething problems.

Great shout about the small pitch.

Does anyone know what the plans are now for the land that we had ‘sold’ off to those developers? I’d much prefer if we kept it and made use of it ourselves to be honest. I do understand that it provides issues with our funds but then again, perhaps waiting to do all of this construction when we were more financially sound was the better idea.

We’ve been saying it for ages that it’d be ideal

You mentioned it on the other thread about the astro, I always imagined that a smaller astro pitch would go in behind EH for kids to run around to kick a ball in before and after games. It's a fairly big empty plot of land. Not actually sure if staff that work in EH can even park there or if it's gated up.

You mentioned it on the other thread about the astro, I always imagined that a smaller astro pitch would go in behind EH for kids to run around to kick a ball in before and after games. It's a fairly big empty plot of land. Not actually sure if staff that work in EH can even park there or if it's gated up.
Yeah i can’t mind how big or how long it stretches to just sticks out like a sore thumb down there. That and the Champions wall just looks out of place would have been ideal further up. Unless there’s plans to add on.

Back