Current Ibrox Stadium Problems and Future Redevelopments

How is work coming along on the sportsbar?

Honestly not too sure. Haven't seen any indication that they've even started but it was supposed to be completed for January! Maybe they'll push it back until the football returns to Ibrox on 3 February after the winter break to give themselves some time rather than trying to rush it for our last home game before the break on 2 January. I'd rather they done it properly than open it half completed like they done with Edmiston House.

Not seen it mentioned here but it was said at the AGM the new disabled section will be started in the summer in the Copland front and 900 seats added to the front of the Copland rear, season ticket holders being moved will have 1st dibs on the new CR section. This includes me so hopefully it is all done over the summer and moved into new seats for the season starting

Not seen it mentioned here but it was said at the AGM the new disabled section will be started in the summer in the Copland front and 900 seats added to the front of the Copland rear, season ticket holders being moved will have 1st dibs on the new CR section. This includes me so hopefully it is all done over the summer and moved into new seats for the season starting
900 seats added but how many taken away?

Honestly not too sure. Haven't seen any indication that they've even started but it was supposed to be completed for January! Maybe they'll push it back until the football returns to Ibrox on 3 February after the winter break to give themselves some time rather than trying to rush it for our last home game before the break on 2 January. I'd rather they done it properly than open it half completed like they done with Edmiston House.
Planning wasn't granted until the first week of October, so I'd expect best case they wouldn't be ready to start works until January.

It looks as if it’s currently being used as a stock room, full of cardboard boxes.

Was it not said to be a net gain of 900?
once the whole disabled bays have been fitted and the addons to Copland and Broomloan are done ?? i used to sit in CR5 i think the seat numbers possibly go up to 170ish ?

I’m just catching up on some of this. Has it now been confirmed that the disabled platform and the cantilever work will go ahead at the same time and will start with the Copland Stand? I’m in the back row of BF4 and had kinda just assumed that they would start in that area because that’s where the existing platform is.

I’m just catching up on some of this. Has it now been confirmed that the disabled platform and the cantilever work will go ahead at the same time and will start with the Copland Stand? I’m in the back row of BF4 and had kinda just assumed that they would start in that area because that’s where the existing platform is.
Yep was said at the AGM it would be the Copland first, next close season.

Wasn't sure what the script was with it as it has posters of players around the full length of the windows so people can't see in. Hopefully work will start very soon then.
You can see in the exit doors of the old shop at Copland Rear entrance, I had a wee look last Sunday as was wondering what was happening.

I'm sure I'll be affected by this too. That's great news if we get first dibs on the new rows in CR as I suspected those would be getting offered as part of the sports bar package.

Are the new seats getting installed over the summer then? We won't need to move somewhere else temporarily?

Always love having a look at this thread. It’s vitally important we get our capacity to at least match the tims and should probably try and go a step further too.
Realistically how big could we make Ibrox and how would the affect the club during redevelopment? We'd need 9,000 after the work due to take us to 51,000 so to over take them with any real benefit we're talking about 65,000.

I saw it mentioned that if they finished off their bowl it would be 70,000. I'm not complaining but what was the reason they never did it at the time. It would at least confine their stench to Mordor.

I'm sure I'll be affected by this too. That's great news if we get first dibs on the new rows in CR as I suspected those would be getting offered as part of the sports bar package.

Are the new seats getting installed over the summer then? We won't need to move somewhere else temporarily?

Hopefully done over the summer mate. I just seen at the AGM it was said that season ticket holders would have 1st choice on the new seats, so hopefully that means all works will be done at the same time. Hopefully hear some more communication from the club in the new year

Realistically how big could we make Ibrox and how would the affect the club during redevelopment? We'd need 9,000 after the work due to take us to 51,000 so to over take them with any real benefit we're talking about 65,000.

I saw it mentioned that if they finished off their bowl it would be 70,000. I'm not complaining but what was the reason they never did it at the time. It would at least confine their stench to Mordor.
Id loved a third tier on the govan mirroring the club deck

Sadly we don’t have the finances for that

Last edited:
Once that work is done the new capacity will be approx 51,700. We lose a lot of seats for the disabled section so capacity will be reduced for quite a while until the cantilever seats are done.
The work to add capacity to the Broomloan/Copland Rear stands will have to be done over a summer because it will affect a significant amount of the existing seating there.

The work to add capacity to the Broomloan/Copland Rear stands will have to be done over a summer because it will affect a significant amount of the existing seating there.
They have already said there will be a reduced capability until end of next season until the cantilever sections are added. So a full season with less seats basically

They have already said there will be a reduced capability until end of next season until the cantilever sections are added. So a full season with less seats basically
There’s a lot of folk from the last few rows in the Front and about the first 10 rows of the Rear to find room for then.

Answers the away allocation question for a couple of years anyway!

If this is the case then count me in for a new seat.

Quite simply, money was the reason.

Bear in mind they threw up those 3 sides on the cheap, it would have cost them more than double to bulldoze the main stand and rebuild it.

I'm sure the reason they can't 'complete' their main stand to match the rest of that dump is because of old mines underneath, to fill them in would cost too much, apparently the ground is contaminated also and would throw up other issues and costs.
Probably got hundreds of bodies down there too. :))

Am I right in thinking that the massive beam installed for the Club Deck is going to be cleaned and painted?.
It's a eyesore how filthy it is and a bug bear for me.
I understand the board are trying to make the stadium look as good as possible and it takes time and money.

Am I right in thinking that the massive beam installed for the Club Deck is going to be cleaned and painted?.
It's a eyesore how filthy it is and a bug bear for me.
I understand the board are trying to make the stadium look as good as possible and it takes time and money.

Yes that's going to be cleaned

I'm sure the reason they can't 'complete' their main stand to match the rest of that dump is because of old mines underneath, to fill them in would cost too much, apparently the ground is contaminated also and would throw up other issues and costs.
Probably got hundreds of bodies down there too. :))
Contaminated since 1888.

Never ending :oops: They are doing everything they can making up excuse after excuse to stop Edmiston House promoting Rangers.

Dan Hutchison of The Scottish Green Party -
“The impact of such installations is not to be underestimated.

"Studies have shown that excessive light pollution can negatively affect mental and physical health and wellbeing.

“For children attending Ibrox Primary School, this could mean disrupted sleep patterns and being faced with distraction from the screens daily - potentially leading to decreased academic performance.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...d-screens-green-party-edmiston-house-council/

Never ending :oops: They are doing everything they can making up excuse after excuse to stop Edmiston House promoting Rangers.

Dan Hutchison of The Scottish Green Party -
“The impact of such installations is not to be underestimated.

"Studies have shown that excessive light pollution can negatively affect mental and physical health and wellbeing.

“For children attending Ibrox Primary School, this could mean disrupted sleep patterns and being faced with distraction from the screens daily - potentially leading to decreased academic performance.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...d-screens-green-party-edmiston-house-council/
Can’t see it making a difference, club already made reasonable accommodations for the local area (blackout overnight, still images on non match day).

Just noise for people who seem to think they should be able to live next to a stadium but that their life should be like they don’t.

Always love having a look at this thread. It’s vitally important we get our capacity to at least match the tims and should probably try and go a step further too.
I agree. 65-70,000 would be excellent, although would only be tested for the biggest matches. If the ongoing feasibility study supports these numbers, and finance can be found to enable a construction plan then great. What concerns me is how our friends at Glasgow City Council would react - I think they would insist on a rail link before granting planning permission, and we know the likely costs of re-opening the station at Ibrox might be as high as £20m (based on the recent costs of the new Robroyston station). If this were to be the case I fear it may prove just a step too far for the club, with a more modest expansion plan to say 60,000 being more achievable. I just hope we can find a way of expanding capacity by 10-12,000 to satisfy demand for season tickets.

I agree. 65-70,000 would be excellent, although would only be tested for the biggest matches. If the ongoing feasibility study supports these numbers, and finance can be found to enable a construction plan then great. What concerns me is how our friends at Glasgow City Council would react - I think they would insist on a rail link before granting planning permission, and we know the likely costs of re-opening the station at Ibrox might be as high as £20m (based on the recent costs of the new Robroyston station). If this were to be the case I fear it may prove just a step too far for the club, with a more modest expansion plan to say 60,000 being more achievable. I just hope we can find a way of expanding capacity by 10-12,000 to satisfy demand for season tickets.

It's a good point, not to mention any stadium with a capacity of over 50,000 as ours does should undoubtedly have a train station beside it. Our stadium is about to get a lot bigger over the coming seasons. The numbers on the subway can't cope on matchdays as it is, struggle to cram everyone in, which unfortunately results in a lot of fans missing kick off unless they were to use an earlier one. That's just on standard matchdays, nevermind Old Firm games or European nights!

You create demand by limiting supply. I think anything much above a 60,000 capacity would possibly stifle the demand for season tickets and the likes of Euro 3 game packages etc.
Might be different if we weren't hamstrung by being in the Scottish league.

Yet again Ibrox Station, for those with long memories, the U.K. Government gave multi millions for projects in various U.K. Cities. Two Stations were proposed two be opened Ours, and the Scum, money was supposedly to be set aside, have we heard a thing about those monies? It begs a question then between the Natsi Government and the Natsi GCC where have by now somewhere in the region of a Billion Quid in U.K. funding disappeared too!

You create demand by limiting supply. I think anything much above a 60,000 capacity would possibly stifle the demand for season tickets and the likes of Euro 3 game packages etc.
Might be different if we weren't hamstrung by being in the Scottish league.
Agree with this

55/60 k is our limit in Scotland

Didn't want to start new thread.
Anyone know the height of the main stand at its highest point?
Don't know about now but these dimensions were fir the original Leitch stand opening.
8544860598_de01e250eb_c.jpg

Back