Davis Sub

Gerrard was completely out thought by Nielson. The tactical tweaks at half time had us lose control of the game and Gerrards changes made the gap even wider.

Another point:

Playing Davis and Lundstram simply doesn’t work, it’s one or the other, sooner we realise this the better

Lundstram fades completely when they try to play the same position, utterly nullified last 20 mins, Davis while not horrible was close to as invisible

We had an excellent thing going with the midfield, Gerrard tampering with it cost us the game, Aribo was my MOTM to that point and removing him for Davis was madness, putting Bacuna ahead of Glen also adversely affected him too

Last edited:
Big mistake was leaving Morelos on for the full 90 when every one could see he was having an absolute howler. So many chances but no one there that can finish worth a f**k.

Defoe would've scored a few in a game like today and not even on the bench.

Here we go again, let’s find a way to blame Davis again for dropping points.
Couldn’t make this up.
Not an attack on Davis, fwiw I still think we are better when he plays over JL but trying to compromise by playing both has cost us on multiple occasions now

You can have Davis or Lundstrum but not both.

However there was a few factors for today, Davis wasn't one of them.

Manager has to take responsibility for everything other than McGregor's stupid mistake.

He kept Morelos on when he should have been hooked a long time ago.
Patterson should have been playing not Tav (who gave away a stupid, needless foul that led to the corner for their goal)
and his tactics seen us sitting in with 20-minutes to go inviting pressure and playing on the counter-attack.
Closing Hearts down in the first half showed them up to be a very average outfit.
I agree when we started to allow them room to settle at the back we lost control of the game.

Personally I think the Bacuna sub was more damaging. From there, they were just running at us relentlessly and there were gaps all over the place. Wright had been helping us to stay compact without the ball. Totally gubbed us.

Here we go again, let’s find a way to blame Davis again for dropping points.
Couldn’t make this up.
i think the guy is blaming the manager and he is right to do so. Every week we bring on a defensive player with 10-15 minutes to go and hang on. Even as far back as Alashkert and Celtc it has been happening. Hanging on for wins was good management but we were always going to get caught out like today.

I get Greegsy’s flap and our innumerable sitters are what ultimately cost the game but this was the systematic change where it all went tits up

Incredibly negative and just invited pressure, it was the turning point in the game, big mistake from Gerrard imo
He made a great play for Roofe to set up Morelos, who missed a sitter.

Morelos was terrible today.

We already seen this season Davis and Lundstram cant play in the same midfield yet he went back to it today and cost us the game

Do we have a hungry striker who can finish some of these chances for us?? Morelos was woeful today and should have been hooked for Sakala if we're looking to play on the break for the last 20 minutes. Still no guarantee of goals though, but at least they have his pace to worry about. Dreadful game management from Gerrard. Compare and contrast with last season when we blew teams away in the first half hour and didn't need to bother managing the game for the last quarter. Night and day. Sickened.

I get Greegsy’s flap and our innumerable sitters are what ultimately cost the game but this was the systematic change where it all went tits up

Incredibly negative and just invited pressure, it was the turning point in the game, big mistake from Gerrard imo
100% mate.
75th minute.
Unbelievable.

I said the same to my old boy. Having Hagi and Aribo on gives Hearts something to think about and allows Rangers to play further up the field.

That said, the amount of bad decisions, poor finishing, misplaced passes and the obvious errors in both areas was shocking. Hard to take as for the first 60 minutes or so, Rangers were by far the better team.

Not putting games to bed has cost us a ridiculous amount of points during Gerrard's tenure.

Back