Did he really play for them?

Tom Finney - Distillery

1963 Windsor Park European Cup - may have borrowed him. Torrential rain that night in a 3:3 draw. Always remember my da saying " son, that Eusebio is some player ".

I rated Archibald as a player.
He was clever and had a great touch as well as a good finish.
Scotland produced great players in Stevie's generation.
Why is it surprising that he played for Barcelona?
He was getting kept out of the Scotland team by the likes of Dalglish and Joe Jordan, as well as Andy Gray, Lou Macari and Derek Johnstone.
Players that were all recognised as top performers in the European game.
Archibald was a prolific goal scorer....top goal scorer in Scotland England and Spain

Willo Flood - Manchester City.

Played in a Manchester Derby.
amqvrn.jpg

well %^*& me sideways he even played against a young CR7

Not a player as such but watching Sky Sports the other day and never realised Shaun Maloney is part of the Belgium coaching team. Random.

Only skimmed the tread and I take it Victor got mentioned.
Bit of a pedigree and then ended up at Love street for a short spell.

Two players who both won the European Cup were ( at seperate times) at Bournemouth.
George Best and Jimmy Case, back when we were in our normal place in the lower leagues.

Istvan Kozma Liverpool
Marvin Andrews Kirkintilloch rob roy
Joey Barton Marseille
Alan Mcinally Bayern Munich
Michael Stewart Man UTD

Doesn’t come into the same category as most of the others in this thread but I noticed a tweet yesterday of the team sheets from when we played Dinamo Zagreb in Toronto in 2005. Luka Modric in the Dinamo team

Current Tottenham manager Pochettino played for PSG and missed the deciding penalty when we knocked them out in 2001.

Wasn't there an old trivia thing about Wank McGarvey winning his international cap whilst at Liverpool?

As mentioned earlier, Dundee punch way above their weight at this game :D

Back