Does anyone really care about Scotland results any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be the done thing for people to boast about how much they hate Scotland these days.

Really bizarre behaviour, but each to their own.

I've never really bought into the whole national team being anti Rangers thing so have always kept the two separate and tried to support the national team without my views being clouded - but even with that mindset it's a real struggle to care anymore.

The people in charge don't know what they're doing and just continue to appoint dinosaurs that don't really understand modern football and have no real long term plan. The players clearly don't give a shite and don't put in the same effort as they do at club level, the pricing of the tickets is ridiculous so they're playing to an empty Hampden most of the time now.

It needs to change from the very bottom up but not one person in charge knows what the %^*& they're doing or if they do, they don't want to take the risks needed in case they %^*& up their cushty pay cheque.

Seems to be the done thing for people to boast about how much they hate Scotland these days.

You're the first one to disagree champ....I really thought there would've been a lot more.....your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's......even though you're wrong:)

Nobody gives a phuck any more, especially not Rangers fans.

The tartan biscuit tin caricature arseholes who turn up now are either a) Sheep pricks or b) SNP pricks.

Just take a look around Hampden on a match day to see what decades of anti British and anti Rangers bigotry has done to Scottish football.

After the Gazza treatment I've been happy to see them lose both games over the last few days.

They way they (the SFA & the media led by scum FC) have treated Rangers never mind the latest stuff about Gazza is why I've seen Scotland once since the 1980's and that once was as a corporate guest at the game Barry & Greeks gave the media the V sign. Following Scotland is for secessionists and people who hate our great country - The United Kingdom. So for me long may they continue to be an embarrassment it reflects the people running Scotland and the people who follow them.

When ScumThumb is held accountable for his actions and Rangers men are accepted members of the first XI, then I might give a %^*& about Scotland again, with someone like big Eck in charge. When the 19th Century Terrorists are running the show with some lady's front bottom like Chesney in charge I want to see them blootered at every opportunity. And why should I not, you bet your arse the vast majority of Scotland game attendees would say I wasn't welcome at hampden yesterday

have tio admit to watching this one last night. First in many a year, if not decades. What I witnessed was shocking. Some very poor and inept performances. If that is the norm I'm glad I don't fork out my hard earned on that mob. I wont be doing that again.

When the SFA appoints McLeish, Grant and McFadden, then they and the tartan army deserve what they get. What else do the expect, apart from continued failure ?!

Joke football association.

Joke management team.

Joke National team.

Rangers haters.

F.uck 'em !

Not really.

I didn’t know we were playing yesterday until after the fact and a defeat leaves me as ambivalent as a win would have.

That’s not me trying to be staunch, it’s simply that watching the national team has been a far less rewarding experience than supporting Rangers for over thirty years now.

I equate it to having a gorgeous, exciting, curvaceous wife, but your bit on the side is a fat old porker making you wonder why you still bother.

It’s all a bit sad. I remember cracking nights on the north terrace against Spain, Belgium etc. I was equally mad about Scotland as Rangers then. Now my boy at the same age is hyper for everything Rangers and was a high as a kite after the atmosphere at the europa league win. He didn’t even know Scotland were playing or if he did there was zero conversation about it. It’s part of a bigger disenfranchisement from Scotland as an identity and the republican/ nationalist element has engendered that . I think I’d need to move away to start to get misty eyed about my country again. Right now I actively hate parts of it.

No. I feel nothing for the national team.

Until the playing field is equally fair and Rangers are represented and have more Influence then it shall remain the same for me.
Rangers are represented in the latest squad by the only Scottish player they have that is not injured or just coming back from injury, unless you include Middleton and McCrorie ( both u21 players for Scotland ) or Halliday( would you say he is Scotland class? ) With the best will in the world, Wallace isn't better than Robertson or the beast LB and anyway hasn't been playing. I would hope that when they are fully match fit both Jack and Dorrans would be in the squad over some of the dross I have seen there.

No, I actually dread international week to the point I’ve started trying to organise weekends away with the mrs to keep myself occupied.
I hate the Scotland team, I hate that I’m expected to support a team of mentally challengeds with people who hate Rangers fc and who shout abuse at Rangers players even when they’re playing for the national team.
I hate Scottish football with a passion, I despise the people who run it and I despise the diddy teams we subsidise. Scotland fans are worse than Aberdeen fans - they turn up only when the team is doing well and have the cheek to say the tartan army are the best supporters in the world. They’re a shower of cringeworthy morons who embarrass us at every turn with their awful ‘patter’ and even worse dress sense.
I love seeing their greeting somber faces after every match as every last bit of hope drains from their veins as another tournament passes them by. Enjoy another Rainey summer in Scotland, (unts

Last edited:
I fxxxxn don't. National pride is flawed at it's best, but when it's diminished and corrupted by religious hatreds it ceases to exist.
Nationalist pride has been hijacked a long time ago. The SNP and the the Tartan twats have seen to that. A lot of English people view us with contempt unfortunately thanks to the afore mentioned.

No for me, and i hate the tranny army with a passion. They honestly make me embarrassed to be scottish,never thought i would ever use that phrase.

No interest whatsoever..invariably I don't even know who and when they are playing ...I tend to ignore media articcles about them.As for the 'tartan army'...even less respect.

No, I actually dread international week to the point I’ve started trying to organise weekends away with the mrs to keep myself occupied.
I hate the Scotland team, I hate that I’m expected to support a team of mentally challengeds with people who hate Rangers fc and who shout abuse at Rangers players even when their playing for the national team.
I hate Scottish football with a passion, I despise the people who run it and I despise the diddy teams we subsidise. Scotland fans are worse than Aberdeen fans - they turn up only when the team is doing well and have the cheek to say the tartan army are the best supporters in the world. They’re a shower of cringeworthy morons who embarrass us at every turn with their awful ‘patter’ and even worse dress sense.
I love seeing their greeting somber faces after every match as every last bit of hope drains from their veins as another tournament passes them by. Enjoy another Rainey summer in Scotland, (unts
I think you got everyone except His Holiness....BRAVO

See to be honest I used to care. Then in 2012 the SFA did just that - SFA to help one of their member clubs to overcome problems created by a conman who they should have protected us from. It went down hill from there on in . I couldn't bear to watch the team playing because all the rats who had deserted us were playing, then after I got over that I watched and noticed that whenever any of our players came on they were audibly boo'd by the Scotland supporters - that totally enraged me to be honest. Now this deplorable shocking treatment of one of our legends. Words escape me. They deserve nothing from us. They have actively alienated half their support and they don't seem to care so why should we?

Nop. Was quite happy to see Scotland horsed this week. Not only do they deprive me of watching Rangers for a week, they’re a corrupt association into the bargain. Until there’s change at the SFA that will be my stance going forward.

Haven’t done since I was younger and experienced the loyal fans booing Barry Ferguson’s name when it was announced. After that I never returned and haven’t looked back.
It’s Rangers for me

The Tartan fannies hated Ferguson, which considering he was the best Scottish player of his generation just summed them up. Small minded arseholes who don’t deserve to go to a tournament. I’m glad we’re spared the nonsense about ‘happy drunks’ in badly fitting kilts and Cat boots acting the tit in various city squares that accompanies these tournaments.

Yes, of course. I was disappointed to see the national team lose to Israel last week. Hopefully get it together for the next match.

Last edited:
Zero interest at all, always been that way.
Internationals are a bore and could never cheer on a tim player or a dolly player.
Plus the tartan trannies are an embarrasment to this once fine nation.

Don't think I've watched a Scotland game for about 10 years and couldn't care less if they win or not. Don't know how any Rangers fan could go and support a team full of Tims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back