Dressing Room Split?

Albertz82

Seen and few comments about a dressing room split and or the manager has lost the confidence of the players but nothing concrete.

Certainly Cantwell didn't look happy getting subbed and I thought Raskin looked unhappy at Dowel coming on ahead of him.

What have others seen or heard?

Any dressing room animosity surely can’t be the manager’s fault as this point. There’s a group stinking the place out and have seen off multiple managers.

Agreed but if it is players which ones and why are they still here? I'm of the opinion that we are seeing the same patterns and it can't be the managers fault, all of them that we have that is.

Last edited:
Seems like the usual chat that comes out when things aren't going well. Players wanting to play is a good thing and most won't be happy about being subbed when they/the team haven't played well.

Our much bigger issue is the mercenaries and crocks happy to sit in the house or on the bench and pick up a handsome salary for delivering absolutely nothing, taking up a significant portion of our budget in doing so.

I think it looks like a pretty unified dressing room to me.

Unified from the perspective that when the going gets tough, they all shirk responsibility and they are happy to ride it out until eventually the manager carries the can.

They then pick up under a new manager for a bit before rinsing and repeating.

They’ve done it under 3 managers now and 4 if you include some of them that very nearly got Gerrard sacked pre Covid.

It’s a really comfortable dressing room safe in the knowledge that someone else will get blamed for their shortcomings.

Unified from the perspective that when the going gets tough, they all shirk responsibility and they are happy to ride it out until eventually the manager carries the can.

They’ve done it under 3 managers now and 4 if you include some of them that very nearly got Gerrard sacked pre Covid.

It’s a really comfortable dressing room safe in the knowledge that someone else will get blamed for their shortcomings.
I think it seems very similar to what has been happening at Man Utd over the years.

It's the strops & huffs some of them take if being subbed off, if you can't realise or accept you've played poorly, totally on the player not the manager. Just got a feeling he has little to no interest in Cantwell though, which could have been caused by subbing him in the first half of a game then refusing to do the same to other players when we've arguably played worse. Silvas antics are petulant & glad he is only here on loan.

Seen and few comments about a dressing room split and or the manager has lost the confidence of the players but nothing concrete.

Certainly Cantwell didn't look happy getting subbed and I thought Raskin looked unhappy at Dowel coming on ahead of him.

I back the manager. Get rid of the players causing the shit if this is the case. These players have played under various managers and still losers so we know where the problem lies

where and where ? in regards dressing room split and manager has lost the confidence of the players .

ps, players should look unhappy in our present circumstances

Seems like the usual chat that comes out when things aren't going well. Players wanting to play is a good thing and most won't be happy about being subbed when they/the team haven't played well.

Our much bigger issue is the mercenaries and crocks happy to sit in the house or on the bench and pick up a handsome salary for delivering absolutely nothing, taking up a significant portion of our budget in doing so.

Yup, every single time. Happens with all clubs though, not just us.

Was the same when we were awful after the winter break in the first 2 seasons under Gerrard. Some of the players that were there at the time, and have moved on, have been asked about it and not a single one said there was any split in the dressing room or unrest. They just lost form and weren't getting results.

We have a large group of players who are going out of contract. The negotiations over these deals would have been happening around a month ago when this started.

Has happened before at bigger clubs than us when some aren't happy at no renewal or reduced terms offered and then that spreads throughout the squad. We need to stop letting players run down deals, if someone is leaving then move them on in the January when they have 6 months left.

I'd imagine it's natural frustration when we're not playing well.

But it comes down to recruitment again, our squad is way too big with a poor mixture of youth to supposed seasoned pros, almost impossible to keep everyone happy because no wonder Raskin isn't happy seeing how the midfield is performing, but unfortunately he's been just as pish.

Player not happy at getting subbed and another not happy about being left on the bench is not evidence of a dressing room split. Happens to every team in every game ffs

The group of players aren't good enough, there doesn't have to be some big thing to explain away why a group of players who consistently fail in the business end of the season are failing at this stage this season. The players are mentally weak or just don't care enough, either way we need to a major rebuild... again

I had a thread last night that was binned, just letting off a bit of steam, but I genuinely think there must be something else at play, behind the scenes.

We can't go from the well oiled machine, the Kill Zone that the players spoke about, winning a cup, top of the league etc and flying, to losing games and dropping points to the jobber dross.

Something is definitely amiss.

I'd be worried if a player was happy to be subbed (Barisic) but there's something badly wrong at the heart of our playing staff and it's been like this for years.

I don't know if they've fallen out amongst each other or with the manager (I can't see it myself) but it's obvious they cannot deal with the pressure of the business end of the season, and that's a mentality thing.

I had a thread last night that was binned, just letting off a bit of steam, but I genuinely think there must be something else at play, behind the scenes.

We can't go from the well oiled machine, the Kill Zone that the players spoke about, winning a cup, top of the league etc and flying, to losing games and dropping points to the jobber dross.

aye their collective mentality its pretty clear yet folk looking for something else

Even if true, when it gets to a 3rd manager they do it to, the manager is not the problem.

Gio was thrown under a bus from them, Beale was a charlatan but that is still no excuse to throw in games like they did at times, and Clement has had them winning, if the demands from Gio and Clement is too much for them, it is on them and reflects on them and not the management this time,

I don't buy this idea that the same players have got managers the sack - there are loads of new players in that team.

The common denominator isn't the actual players themselves (because there has been a turnover of players albeit with some constants). In my opinion - it's the type of players we sign. Losers. Projects. Rehab jobs. Injured. Injury-prone. Championship strugglers who should be crawling over broken glass to play for a club like Rangers.

They just aren't good enough either physically, mentally or in terms of footballing ability.

Even if there was falling out, these fairies wouldn't even have it out, probably just sitting not speaking to each other with there earphones in. Bunch of absolute cowards the lot of them, probably never had a crossword with each, sick of them.

Found it strange last night stewart out in technical area in managers ear only time that’s happened since clement came in yet when Beale was here it was constantly happening , your assistant and coach sitting there but goalie coach out

Nothing to do with the subs but you can see by the effort or lack off something is far wrong not 1 of them bust a gut to track back or gee the team up it's just so flat especially at this end of the season so much to play for but imo there's a good few chucked it for whatever reason... Personally I think something is going on being closed doors this is not the same team as a month ago..

Nailed it.

The body language experts would have a field day with our lot in the tunnel pre game recently.

Seen that thread. Surely Clement smart enough to have kept the dressing room together.

I don't buy this idea that the same players have got managers the sack - there are loads of new players in that team.

The common denominator isn't the actual players themselves (because there has been a turnover of players albeit with some constants). In my opinion - it's the type of players we sign. Losers. Projects. Rehab jobs. Injured. Injury-prone. Championship strugglers who should be crawling over broken glass to play for a club like Rangers.

They just aren't good enough either physically, mentally or in terms of footballing ability.
The papes managed to sign almost an entire team that had won nothing before and won 5/6 trophies.

We have a core group of senior leadership players that are stinking the place out.

Tbf some maddie in that thread (not you!) thought Clement had a black eye, insinuating it was courtesy of someone in the dressing room.

Back