Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Clement making a rod for his own back with that team selection.
Where's Balogun?
Didn't think he'd drop the captain butt Sticking with Souter and Goldson FFS!!
How the hell is Silva still starting?
Lawrence and Cantwell both starting, can't see that working.
I'm sure I heard on Heart and Hand that Baligun as struggling with a sickness bug or something like that.

Where's Balogun?
Balogun ill apparently

There's a few that know they can churn out sh1te performances and not get dropped. Not all on the manager , we don't really have the squad to change too much in certain positions, and he's not had enough of a transfer window to fix it properly yet.

Big call on Dessers. He is not good enough but i think if we have to play the underground conditions and go long then he is our best option tonight. .. hopefully the park is ok and we dont go down that road.

Roofe’s calf when the team was announced.

scared-man-in-suit-wide-eyes-0ace0whc604l8l5s.gif

Similar to Borna being left out for a right-back, if Raskin can't get in ahead of Lawrence, then big Phil will surely look to move him on in the summer. Shame, he started well but just seems to have faded away.

Where's Balogun?

Balogun is ill. Cover in the press conference yesterday.

So who comes in for Goldson or souttar? Davies……..?

I think if Balogun was fit we’d see him but he’s not.

He’s changed 1 player in every area. But not wanting to change too much.

Matondo to come off the bench if needed

Do we need to start Silva in a certain number of games? We will be playing Sima on the right to accommodate him!

For his faults, don't think you could accuse him of being half-arsed.

His tracking back on Sunday was good.
That good we shipped 3 goals?
Not saying they were his fault directly but his tracking back wasn't good.
His half arsed challenge v the scum cost us their 3rd goal.

All that line up illustrates is what a shambles our squad is

Our midfield is weakened because Sterling has to play left back because the first choice is injured and Clement can't trust a recent Croatian international left back

Up front he is throwing permacrock Roofe into this game because Beale wasted £9m on two fake strikers last summer

An unforgiveable position to be in. No wonder our challenge is faltering

Fingers crossed we somehow emerge with the points

Weird to drop Dessers but continue to persist with Silva who has been every bit as shite.

Difficult to see how they changes tonight make much of a difference to be honest. We are every bit as immobile and lacking in creativity.

Where's Balogun?

Ridvan disappeared off the planet again

It usually helps to watch the pre match press conference.

Well that's an interesting team.
A few players that I wouldn't have started but will see how it goes. That team is good enough to beat Dundee, although the team at the weekend was good enough to beat Ross County

Might have known there would be some fans beside themselves with that selection. Boss quickly learning he's in a no win situation with certain sections of this fanbase.

Just get behind the team ffs
It's called a discussion board, and it involves folk giving an opinion.

You can disagree with the team selection and be 100% behind the team.

Sime played well down the right when he came on v the scum. However I take your point. Surely Sim out left and McCausland on the right. Silva has been terrible of late and despite him winning a penalty his antics were embarrassing v the scum.
That's what I'd have gone for too mate, Sima left and McCausland right.

As is we've got two right-footers on the left wing. We won't exactly be stretching them with width will we.

A few surprises there but our squad is a mess really. The key for me is making changes proactively if things aren't going well.

I know several players weren't up for it against Ross County but the main criticism seemed to be that Clement changes the team too much. Now he doesn't and it's a problem again ? :)

I Never Said he Changes the Team to much mate. Im tired of This Team and This Formation. Get fresh faces in. Get Tav and Goldson out of the Team. I am sure that This would benefit the whole Club. Imagine going to Training everyday knowing you would NEVER play not matter what.

It's called a discussion board, and it involves folk giving an opinion.

You can disagree with the team selection and be 100% behind the team.

There's discussion then there's people just wanting to be disappointed before a ball is even kicked.

Sadly, not encouraged looking at that lineup. Good Sterling is back in. Think tonight will be a real test of Lawrence's future with us. Silva should have been dropped for Matondo. See if Roofe can do anything but I'm not holding my breath. I think a lot falls on Cantwell and Sima's shoulders tonight and I hope both come through this injury free and with a good performance under their belts. Would like Dessers to come off the bench with a point to prove. This is going to be brutal, but hope we can just get the win and move forward.

Back