Evans Available

Is it just me that thinks he isn't that good? Obviously I'm sure he could manage fine in the SPL but talk of City, Chelsea etc wanting him absolutely baffled me.

I find it baffling that folk don’t think he’s that good.

Always been impressed with him. Maybe not the absolute top level, but he’s taken the decision to get less money but constant first team football at lesser teams.

Could have went to Man City and played 7 games a season, but he didn’t want that at 28/29 which is to be applauded.

Is it just me that thinks he isn't that good? Obviously I'm sure he could manage fine in the SPL but talk of City, Chelsea etc wanting him absolutely baffled me.

More a sign of how rare half decent centre backs are these days. Van Dijk was another.

The team who won the premiership a few years ago and did well in the CL

Granted they've had some recent success but in the grand scheme of things we're a far bigger club than Leicester and I'm not just referring to them anyway - diddy clubs like Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc. can easily outspend us now.

Why not ask the question though? Instead of writing us off, we should ask his agent. Wages aren’t everything, he has the NI connection and might be a fan?
Can just imagine him and Steven Davis in the team,maybe he could have a word in his ear and what's he going to win with Liecester,alright they won the league,but under Ranieri. Never say never.

There is no harm in making a quiet enquiry with his agent. If is all about wages we leave it at that. But if he considers that playing at Ibrox in front of 46k season ticket holders is something he fancies at the stage of his career... I'm sure we could come up with a decent enough package.

Just because something isn't likely doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

There is no harm in making a quiet enquiry with his agent. If is all about wages we leave it at that. But if he considers that playing at Ibrox in front of 46k season ticket holders is something he fancies at the stage of his career... I'm sure we could come up with a decent enough package.

Maybe other ways to structure a deal...?
2 year contract,
35k per week
50% of future transfer fee

Players generally go where the money is, there's very little sentiment in football these days. And remember that it's greedy agents who are driving these deals.

Evans is the best British centre back currently playing the game imo. Sadly well out above our budget.

He’s a quality player and I’d love to see him in our side but wages alone make this an absolute non-starter.

images

I find it baffling that folk don’t think he’s that good.

Always been impressed with him. Maybe not the absolute top level, but he’s taken the decision to get less money but constant first team football at lesser teams.

Could have went to Man City and played 7 games a season, but he didn’t want that at 28/29 which is to be applauded.

He did not knock back Man City. West Brom rejected their bids as they wanted more money.

He did not knock back Man City. West Brom rejected their bids as they wanted more money.

If Evans made enough noise, West Brom would have wilted.

But he’s a complete professional and should be applauded for not causing a fuss.

He looked very poor at Man U. Probably can do a decent job at a lower level else (e.g. West Brom). Likewise baffled by reported interest from City and Arsenal.

The clueless idiot list I have grows hugely when you see suggestions such as this one. Incredible how far removed many posters are from reality.

No chance .

He would be a phenomenal signing ,won’t even entertain the thought of any cu nt thinking he’d struggle ,he’d be baresi in this league

Another Evans thread where the OP forgets about the wages he will demand. No chance signing for us.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that his wages will be too high!........there I've said it!

Have we invented a time machine and went back to the 90s :D

We cannot compete with established players in their prime years from the Premier League ever.

His wage would be the problem.
Players have too much power deciding wages .
If i told my boss what i wanted i would be told to %^*& off.The same should be done to players they should either accept what they are offered by their employers or f*ck off.

I actually think this might happen..........
Possibly in about 20 years time, as only then could we match the wages he'd expect to be paid!

Maybe we did inquire or SG knows what he’d have wanted. You don’t buy a lottery ticket expecting to win, you buy it to be in with a chance of winning. It’s an interesting thread nonetheless as it makes you wonder about ambition, job satisfaction and greed ( pure common sense) if you’re the agent.

Back