Friday Press Conference

Lundstram recently has been a total liability in the middle of the park. If he has to play, he needs Sterling next to him. We are being overrun in there every week now.
It doesn’t matter what player we would have in there. Right now tactically we are a mess. Against Dundee we basically had Lundstram dropping do get the ball off Goldson or Souttar. Then no midfield. Then Cantwell, Lawrence, Roofe, Sima & Silva standing in a line across their box.

It doesn’t matter what player we would have in there. Right now tactically we are a mess. Against Dundee we basically had Lundstram dropping do get the ball off Goldson or Souttar. Then no midfield. Then Cantwell, Lawrence, Roofe, Sima & Silva standing in a line across their box.
I agree, but I’d be more comfortable with Sterling in there to try stop the ease teams are countering on us.

Good words about the Raskin situation also and the competition of places in his position with Dio doing well, also an admittance we were too direct on Wednesday and required more skill

IF - and big if - we were to win the Scottish Cup then I know many on here will go away from the Cup final thinking it has been a successful season.

A trophy is a trophy, but in no way would I view that as a success.

It's a hollow season when you fail to win the league.

I'll be there on Sunday but recent events have put a massive dampener on it.

Even a SC win is no consolation for throwing the league away.

My head is already fixed on next season.

I agree, but I’d be more comfortable with Sterling in there to try stop the ease teams are countering on us.
100% we haven’t any control of the middle of the park. We are going long which is fine, but when we don’t win that second ball then we have Lundstram alone getting dragged all over the place. Sterling in there adds more legs, defensive ability and power. I wouldn’t even be against a 3 of Sterling Lunny and Diomande.

Doesn't seem happy at Sterlings comments, which I guess are understandable though the fans all respect that someone said it. Seemed a bit of a dig at his injury record too.

I don't even know what press Sterling was doing yesterday or why he would be doing it.
Was after the game I think.

Fed up hearing it. The side has been in regression since February and Clement has done nothing to address performances for 2 months now.
I don’t know what else you expect him to do with what he’s got at his disposal? Promote some of the young boys up to the first team whether they are ready or not? I think it’s unfair to lay the blame on PC when none of these guys are his players other than the few brought in at the turn of the year. He can’t do it for them, it looks to be a combination of things…too many injuries, players who aren’t good enough, such as Dessers Wright and other guy's who buckle under the pressure of trying to win a bum league. That’s it!

I don’t know what else you expect him to do with what he’s got at his disposal?
Move people that always threaten the opposition to positions that they can actually threaten.

Rather than have them stood in daft positions watching folk that dont threaten.

A new manager bounce - without a new manger. Fixing the immediately obvious.

But. The structures good. He doesnt agree with Dujon.

So here we are.

His answer around the 10 minute mark in the video frustrates the life out of me. It's really not strange to say that at all Phil. The core group has not changed in how many years? You can't protect them behind "its a new group". Wish the person who asked the question had some courage to come back on that reply
Yeah - great idea. The gaffer throws the squad under a bus and we have a end of season total collapse.

Is it good man management to have a pop at Dujon Sterling's frustrated comments when he's one of the very few players actually putting in a shift right now? Serious errors of judgement here I fear.

'A pop'? You can't be that sensitive? Saying comments were down to inexperience and frustration isn't exactly 'a pop'.

Think you need to out on your big boy pants here mate.

'A pop'? You can't be that sensitive? Saying comments were down to inexperience and frustration isn't exactly 'a pop'.

Think you need to out on your big boy pants here mate.
He also referenced his injury record though, didn't he? Why is that relevant?

Yeah - great idea. The gaffer throws the squad under a bus and we have a end of season total collapse.

'Serious errors of judgement here I fear' was one of that posters comments.... a few minutes after also commenting that he's frustrated the manager hasn't ripped the players to shreds.

Rather confusing.

He also referenced his injury record though, didn't he? Why is that relevant?

Think you're tying yourself in knots here mate.

You really shouldn't obsess over every word at a press conference or interview. They don't mean anything. A pointless exercise.

'Serious errors of judgement here I fear' was one of that posters comments.... a few minutes after also commenting that he's frustrated the manager hasn't ripped the players to shreds.

Rather confusing.
No idea why you think the manager has two choices here (praise versus reprimand). I'm sure he's perfectly capable of giving nuanced answers that address the recent performances without upsetting players.

He's trying to keep the players onside and eke as much as he possibly can from them for the remainder of the season. Thats all you can say at the moment

I think he meant in terms of speaking to the media in times of pressure

This is what I mean about obsessing over every word at these things @steve__72

The manager clearly meant media inexperience, hence why her referenced van Dijk and how he does it after years of interviews/press conferences.

Honestly lads, its sunny. get out and enjoy your day and stop getting so upset about a run of the mill presser.

I'm not getting upset mate, just pointing out the obvious, reality is, if he doesn't know what to say at 24, chances are he never will.

The questions at these press conferences are pathetic, nobody asks the hard hitting questions that us fans want answers to.

Other than the one question about horizontal passes.
They are absolutely pointless.

There has to be a time very soon when they are completely scrapped. It's a nonsense.

Diomande gives me some hope, at least he does the midfield basics.
He's one of our few midfielders who can pick up the ball and pass through the lines, making intelligent balls.

Dowell and Lawrence play low percentage, wonder balls that never come off, and Lunny just seems out of form.

Raskin was the other one last season, but he's just somehow forgotten how to pass the ball this year.

Is it good man management to have a pop at Dujon Sterling's frustrated comments when he's one of the very few players actually putting in a shift right now? Serious errors of judgement here I fear.
It frustrated me too a bit mate but I can see why he’s done it. He can’t have any mixed messages or animosity breeding in the camp headlines in the press. He needs to show unity but that doesn’t stop me from agreeing with Dujon’s take on this.

He's trying to keep the players onside and eke as much as he possibly can from them for the remainder of the season. Thats all you can say at the moment
What if the bulk of the players agree with Dujon and not that “the structure was good” ?

Back