Gerrard – New Contract Agreed

Saw that, think probably McGregor, Defoe (both up at end of the season?) and Goldson are the most likely?

Don’t think Goldson has had one since joining has he? So probably only 18 months left on it.

Defoe is still a Bournemouth player until the end of the season. Even if they formally release him/transfer him nothing can be completed until the window opens. McGregor is a certainty I’d say.

This all links in to the fresh investment/new chairman stuff aswell. He's seen a long term plan/investment strategy from someone and liked what he saw. It also covers our bases re: compensation when we start winning silverware and clubs come sniffing for him.

He has totally fallen in love with our club, and we have done the same.
He respects our traditions and must be blown away by our love for the Glasgow Rangers.
Hope it's a double celebration this weekend. He deserves it

Was not expecting news like that. Brilliant news. Some commitment from both sides.

Superb news,for a Liverpool man through and through;I love the way SG loves our club...
........and the timing is everything......
WATP

Would like to add, Thank you Gaffer ,for everything you've done and for everything you will do in the future ,starting on Sunday, this is OUR day and we'll celebrate together. We are the Rangers Family

WATP

The progress has been great and he has gotten most of the monkeys off the back we were carrying around since the dark days. Beating them twice was massive. Time to get last few off the back.
Win a trophy.
Beat them at their place.
Win 55!
Let's go Gers.

See the source image

fantastic :) :) :)

Rangers! Rangers! Rangers! Into these fucking wankerrs! Go for the jugular and we will win, They have a soft underbelly which has yet to be exposed. Over to you Kent and Morelos, 3-1 to us.

If true
Well earned
Got us being Rangers again with dignity and class expected of a rangers manager

That’s great news.

I have to admit I was starting to get a bit worried about the gaffer. Maybe it’s just been me, but he’s recently looked like Scottish football had just drained the enthusiasm right out of him.

Wrong decision at this point in time. He’s done a decent job thus far but has failed to lift any silverware. He still has to prove himself as a winner at Rangers.

This stinks of giving Warburton a three year deal after beating Celtic without actually winning any proper trophies.
Decent?what planet do you live on do you remember progres result?hammering’s off the scum?battling it out with the sheep for second?
It was never going to be a quick fix with the utter shambles he inherited.
Get a grip will ya

This is such good news. I wonder if all his coaching staff will be rewarded with new contracts too. Hope they will be. SG and his team might be the most organised, and resourced we've ever had at Ibrox.
Things are going so well for us ... good times :))

Fantastic.

One small word of caution, he needs to win trophies no matter how much we all think he is the man for the job and how long his contract is.

What a great start to the weekend. Hopefully gives the whole club a boost ahead of Sunday

Fantastic news and a boost for everyone in and around the club before the final.

Also prudent given the mid-season managerial merry go round thats kicking in down south too...

Please win the League Cup on Sunday. Mr Gerrard I have to thank you immensely and the other coaching staff for turning my club around. It’s been a dark 7 years and now we are getting regular European Football and on the verge of getting to the knockout stages.

If I said that this would happen 7 years ago you would think I was insane. Now let’s get the business done on Sunday.

This is the best news we could have wished for, that and the fact we will have all our players fit for Sunday, was worried that we would lose some of our players, to the hammer throwers, in mid-week, now we need to beat that lot, who cover up their evil crimes, by just ignoring, what we all know.

Back