Graham dorrans

I was shouted down, as I'm sure you were, pre-season for being sceptical at his lack of game time, recent injuries and advancing age.

No no. He was a class act, excelled at a higher level and was to be our missing link.
Exactly mate. We were in the minority by not being over the moon with his signing. I was hugely sceptical - and he's done nothing to change my mind. He was nowhere today and only put in a reasonable tackle in the 94th minuye. He's just not got it any more hence why I was disappointed by his signing.

I thought he put in a shift. If we had another midfielder available I would have had him in the pena role.

It seems a lot of folk on here just want to slag him for some reason.
^This,he'd be better further forward in a midfield three.Didn't help that Jack had one of his poorest games for us today I thought either though.I've been quick to praise him after having doubts when we signed him,but he was lacking when it mattered most today.

Poor again, one of us? If I was on that Park the Lego eater would go home black and blue.
Quite a lot was said on here about how he was going to sort lego muncher out when he came, I hadn't seen the lad play before but one look at the size of him in the pre-season games told me he hasn't got the physical attributes to mix it. He's maybe a player that should be playing further forward as a playmaker

He worked hard but looked to be blowing out his arse in the last 20 minutes and as I've said was too easily shrugged aside. He is a good player but there is a lack of real physical strength throughout the team and there is little to no options on the bench that will make a difference.

He started putting the boot in a bit when the game was done.

Something he should've been doing from the start. If you can't influence the game at least put yourself about.

He was disappointing but they always had an extra man in there. Not easy for Dorrans or Jack today

Dorrans doesn’t look match fit. He’s been very disappointing so far
Something not quite right about Dorrans , to be fair I 'd like him further forward getting on the ball and making things happen , playing that bit deeper is not helping .

Also realise there weren't too many other options today to allow him to do this.

That said ,he is a far more accomplished player than he has shown for us up to now, other than glimpses that is.

Looked very leggy the last few games,got to admit the only time I really remember him was playing for Scotland and even then he didn't stand out.
Reading a lot off posters on here when we where trying to sign him I was expecting a hellava more than he has shown,is he struggling with our system,is he playing with a injury i don't know,even his biggest fans must be worried.

He's better than this. We can definitely get more out of him. I am not sure what is going wrong - whether it's the tactics or what but he is better than he has shown.

Scotland have the worst quality of squad they have had in years. Graham Dorrans gets nowhere near that squad/team. I think that shows where he is at. Said at the time that I was disapppints in signing him. Nothing has changed. Bang average at best and ran ragged by these mhutants today.

I thought he was poor. But its a rebuilding job. Expected more from Dorrans though, especially with 5 in the midfield

Found it a bit weird he was keen to give Miller the arm band when he came on, not like Miller is even club captain

Why the f*ck would you be expecting "Steven Davis style performances" from him? He's 30 and we signed him from Norwich. Davis was in his early 20s and had lost his way a bit after being one of the top young prospects in English football

He is what he is. Along with Jack he is solid enough, but being completely failed by the system. There was a time in the first half where he was obviously not passing to Pena as he knew it was essentially giving possession away

For fu.ck sake mate was he getting failed by the system when he railed into two mentally challengeds in injury time?

Was he getting failed by the system when he let Armstrong give and go time and time and time and time again?

He f.ucked it and he realised that in minute 93.

Blame the manager if you like but it's frankly idiotic.

Poor again today, been disappointing all season apart from the first game. What does he offer?
I agree that he was anonymous today but thought he was first class against Thistle in mîdweek - still running around and urging on his teammates after 120 minutes. He offers class, confidence and commitment but needs to show those qualities more consistently.

I think I see Dorrans as being poor because of the standard he has played. I expect him to be a lot better than what he probably is. A bang average midfielder.

I thought he put in a shift. If we had another midfielder available I would have had him in the pena role.

This. Its where he should be playing but we don't have another decent midfielder to play his current role.

He should play as a 10.

Worrying, his legs look gone.

He shat it today around the half hour mark. Had a chance to really hit Brown and bottled it.

He should have played in the position Pena played in - furthest forward of the midfield 3 and the one who would be competing with Brown for the ball. He's never been a defensive midfielder and not sure why we want to turn him into one. At half time I was telling anyone who would listen we had to bring on Holt to play beside Jack, take Pena off and push Dorrans forward.
Dorrans has been disappointing in the main, but the goals he scored at Fir Park and Firhill should give us a hint that he is wasted being played in his own half with a remit to play short sideways passes.

I thought he did ok, but why is he so negative, he constantly passes the ball back even when a forward pass is on, I'm guessing here but that can only come from the manager, I feel Dorrans is being stifled by our game plan, I said as much last Friday when he only was allowed to move forward after we went behind.

Said it in the match thread, his constant backwards passing was pissing me off no end.

Thought he was very poor he had chance after chance to go into Brown show him something but he did nothing the only real solid tackle that I remember him putting was on 90 minutes .By that time it's too little too late the damage had been done.Really disappointing hope he remembers the low feeling from today and kicks on for the rest of the season but have serious doubts it's not enough just being a Rangers man.

Don't want to slag him at all mate but he has been poor for us so far . Maybe expectations were high but hes has been poor

How many times did he get the ball then turn back and pass back the way. He used to be an attacking player but I don’t see it now. Also had a few chances to have a shot but seemed to be too scared to try

Dorrans is just the current Rangers fan in our team who's becoming a whipping boy, he's just taken the mantle over from Halliday.

I thought Dorrans actually played ok today although I thought he should have been putting his 90th minute tackle into action in the first minutes and not the last.

The midfield 3 were terrible today. Wouldn't say they got bullied or anything but just crowded out and had no composure.

Back