Graham dorrans

Dorrans is just the current Rangers fan in our team who's becoming a whipping boy, he's just taken the mantle over from Halliday.

I thought Dorrans actually played ok today although I thought he should have been putting his 90th minute tackle into action in the first minutes and not the last.
Is "doing ok" enough for a guy of his alleged pedigree?

Is "doing ok" enough for a guy of his alleged pedigree?

Bruno has at best only done ok since he came, he's held up as top class.
Fredo is being tipped as a £10m player, did he do any better than ok today?

The point being, none of our team have set the world alight so far this season but Dorrans is being made the whipping boy.

He was a shambles today
Offered nothing attacking and was posted missing defensively
Jack on 90mins was a wreck as he was doing two jobs
Dorrans was gubbed after 10

Would have been better playing Dorrans in goal second half given the amount of times the ball was played back to fod's feet and him expected to do something with it.

Bruno has at best only done ok since he came, he's held up as top class.
Fredo is being tipped as a £10m player, did he do any better than ok today?

The point being, none of our team have set the world alight so far this season but Dorrans is being made the whipping boy.
Bruno wasnt playing.
Alfredo continued to show up well in trying circumstances.
Dorrans was shite until he flew into a couple of injury time challenges.

Whether thats down to "the system" is for smarter people than me to decide but Im sure he wont be happy with his contribution.

Dorrans and Jack played OK IMO. They had very little help from first Pena and then Miller; both worked hard and looked after the ball without being incisive.

Bruno wasnt playing.
Alfredo continued to show up well in trying circumstances.
Dorrans was shite until he flew into a couple of injury time challenges.

Whether thats down to "the system" is for smarter people than me to decide but Im sure he wont be happy with his contribution.

Im well aware Bruno wasn't playing.
Fredo was caught offside more in the 1st half than an alert forward should be.
Im just pointing out none of our players have done any better than ok ALL season, not just today.
I just find it difficult to understand why Dorrans is being made the whipping boy.

Pena cost more than Dorrans, he's been rubbish, overweight and still isn't fit, why isn't he being singled out the way Dorrans is?

We've previous for singling out guys who are Rangers fans in our team, it's happened for years and Dorrans is just the lastest in the growing list to be the whipping boy.

I have to say he has been the biggest disappointment so far, dont get me wrong he hasn't been the worst on the park this season by a some margin but I just had a higher expectation of what he would bring.....he just hasn't been the upgrade I thought he would have been. Rogic Armstrong and Brown bullied him throughout.

I never understood why everyone was getting so excited about Dorrans in the first place.

Too old, too slow and desperately average.

Not the answer for games like today and for the future in general.

Mon tae....

Ryan Jack covered every blade of grass in that park and for me was man of the match.

Dorrans was closing spaces and they were getting restricted to shooting from distance. The issue for me today was Pena. He was neither helping the midfield or supporting Morelles. Miller was no improvement tbh. The reality was when Pena went Broon got the space to start pushing them up and that pushed us back when we needed to get up the park. Might have been better with Herrera up top and morelles in the hole but you live and learn. Onwards to friday night now. If we can get walker in the January window he would make a huge difference in my opinion

Im well aware Bruno wasn't playing.
Fredo was caught offside more in the 1st half than an alert forward should be.
Im just pointing out none of our players have done any better than ok ALL season, not just today.
I just find it difficult to understand why Dorrans is being made the whipping boy.

Pena cost more than Dorrans, he's been rubbish, overweight and still isn't fit, why isn't he being singled out the way Dorrans is?

We've previous for singling out guys who are Rangers fans in our team, it's happened for years and Dorrans is just the lastest in the growing list to be the whipping boy.
Why hasnt Jack been singled out?

Is it because hes performed?

Why hasnt Jack been singled out?

Is it because hes performed?

Jack is the only one of the new recruits that has pass marks for the season's contribution.
It is absolutely no coincidence that Jack has been plying his trade in this league and he's hit the ground running.

As I said, Im just not having it that Dorrans is singled out above others far more worthy of criticism.

Jack is the only one of the new recruits that has pass marks for the season's contribution.

As I said, Im just not having it that Dorrans is singled out above others far more worthy of criticism.
Fair enough, but you can surely admit he has more to offer?

I actually think Dorrans has been good for us that's why his performance disappointed me so much constant backward passing and showed a panic and lack of composure in his play.

He only had Jack in against 3 sometimes 4 Peña was shocking so maybe that would account for his performance.

Dorrans was not up to the job today, I was hoping the captains armband would have made him feel invincible but it had the opposite effect.

First half he never covered the space that Boyata was strolling into Which meant all all sorts of trouble down our r/h/s. He also had a couple of shooting opportunities that he did not take on.

2nd half he went awol.

Fair enough, but you can surely admit he has more to offer?

Absolutely I think he has more to offer, as I'd hope every one of the new recruits do.
Lets just treat them on a level and not single him out for criticism above others.

Naismith has actually performed against Celtc so I dont deserve too much back slapping.
6 years ago and in a different 2 formations and lineups to these 2.

But no, you're right. The perpetually injury Judas right winger in his 30s would've made a massive difference today. So well done you.

Lafferty played well against them, he'd have made a difference as well i suppose?

And why was it only one or the other?

Our midfield is made to look poor because of out of position not good enough full backs and equally as bad wingers.

It puts pressure on our defence and midfield and this is why we can’t keep clean sheets and struggle to score even against the lower 6 in the league.

6 years ago and in a different 2 formations and lineups to these 2.

But no, you're right. The perpetually injury Judas right winger in his 30s would've made a massive difference today. So well done you.

Lafferty played well against them, he'd have made a difference as well i suppose?

And why was it only one or the other?
Not even debating with you now if youre bringing Lafferty into it.

Dorrans is a huge disappointment. he looks finished tbh. a huge shame. when the likes of McCulloch and Davies came to Ibrox from England they seemed a touch above the rest in terms of fitness etc (until they fell to our level). dorrans just looks done

He laid a marker down on Brown only problem was it was in the 94th minute. For me he has to do that in the first. Didn't get in the faces of the filth and let them dominate the ball

Disappointing today. In the first 20 mins he couldn't control the ball. Took an age to get a shot away when in a good position, passing poor. Looked knackered in the second half and frustratingly took 95 minutes to put the boot into an opposition player. I'm expecting more from him than today. If we get another centre mid I can see him being shunted to the left.

Him and Jack had an almost impossible job today.

Anyone actually watching the game could see we were short in midfield which resulted in Armstrong having acres of space on numerous occasions.

So, Dorrans is finished - in the expert opinion of some on follow follow!
He struggled today against a well organised and functioning midfield but saying he’s finished - give me a break!!

We need another defensive minded midfielder.

Looks like it won't be Rossiter due to ongoing injury issues.

Him and jack
It is absolutely no coincidence that Jack has been plying his trade in this league and he's hit the ground running.

surely you have got to give morelos pass marks he's top scorer. Should of won us a penalty today and only never scored because of a very good save by Gordon.

Was brilliant in the Motherwell game. I had high hopes that he was what we'd been missing based on that performance.

Since then he's been meh. Looks like he's lost any pace he's had and that's why he's been moved to playing a sitting midfield role. Problem is he's poor at defending and tracking runners.

I'm really underwhelmed with Jack & Dorrans as a partnership in midfield. I just don't think they offer anything going forward. Jack has been by far the better of the two overall though.

Back