Hearts Match registrations out

I know guys who aren’t interested in aways that apply because if they don’t they’ll lose out on 15 points, whilst others below them will eventually get ahead.

Those tickets get sold on whenever they’re successful but I don’t think they’d bother applying if it wasn’t for being left behind with points. It makes zero sense considering everyone gets the same amount of points. Totally redundant process
Only a third or less eligible apply at the moment so over 5 years they will have a big advantage. I'm surprised more haven't cottoned on yet. Even one application gets 5 points and the chances of getting allocated are slim if you apply for a low allocation. Better to have no points for it.

On 4 for the season Dingwall x 2 Livi x 1

Aberdeen for Cat A. Not convinced I’ve ever had Aberdeen before even on old CCCS.

Only a third or less eligible apply at the moment so over 5 years they will have a big advantage. I'm surprised more haven't cottoned on yet. Even one application gets 5 points and the chances of getting allocated are slim if you apply for a low allocation. Better to have no points for it.
Yeah that’s true. Just don’t think points should be given, particularly when it’s just a standard amount

They’ve introduced the punishment for not buying an offered ticket which was a positive. Removing points would be the next positive step

I do laugh at their inconsistencies with points in general right enough. You get points for a 50/50 hampden semi final so long as it’s not against Celtic, but you don’t get any for a final. Their reason is that finals are oversubscribed. European aways are oversubscribed yet they give points for those. Make it up as they go along

Plenty other ways to make money is that's their issue. Bronze and silver threatening that, a large % are all talk, they know they'd have zero chance of Hampden games.

Make aways a separate scheme and charge £40 for it if they're that worried about losing money.
Hahaha, bronze has 0 chance of hampden anyway, and half of silver will find similar in a couple of weeks too!

For those lower down perhaps. For those in gold and at the top of gold, the reason is how the club distribute the tickets. They don't reward loyalty often enough.

4 games is pathetic for fans which a large % will be at almost every game.

Pandering seems an extreme word to use towards a group who get a maximum of what, one or two games?

Four games also isn't far off what you'd have got under the old system when your allocation was emailed at the start of the season. Fifteen years later and there are more season ticket holders and reduced allocations at away games. Four games is about right, and I'm speaking as someone who must have close to maximum points.

Yeah that’s true. Just don’t think points should be given, particularly when it’s just a standard amount

They’ve introduced the punishment for not buying an offered ticket which was a positive. Removing points would be the next positive step

I do laugh at their inconsistencies with points in general right enough. You get points for a 50/50 hampden semi final so long as it’s not against Celtic, but you don’t get any for a final. Their reason is that finals are oversubscribed. European aways are oversubscribed yet they give points for those. Make it up as they go along
My mate missed a purchase (genuine mistake) and then got the next two games on the bounce after his ban!

Pandering seems an extreme word to use towards a group who get a maximum of what, one or two games?

Four games also isn't far off what you'd have got under the old system when your allocation was emailed at the start of the season. Fifteen years later and there are more season ticket holders and reduced allocations at away games. Four games is about right, and I'm speaking as someone who must have close to maximum points.
But it’s not exactly a fair equivalent to compare it to the old cccs when mygers is a completely new scheme and when it was first introduced golds were on 7/8 tickets.
2 years later, gold membership numbers have increased, the % of a mygers allocation going to gold has reduced, and now there’s gold members on 3/4 tickets. Thats despite some of them having over 1000 more points than some bronze who got hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs.

Rangers changed the goalposts of how they wanted it to work. The gold membership numbers have not increased in-line with the overall growth of the mygers numbers. Approx 64% increase in gold in 3 years compared to approx 39% for mygers in the same period

But it’s not exactly a fair equivalent to compare it to the old cccs when mygers is a completely new scheme and when it was first introduced golds were on 7/8 tickets.
2 years later, gold membership numbers have increased, the % of a mygers allocation going to gold has reduced, and now there’s gold members on 3/4 tickets. Thats despite some of them having over 1000 more points than some bronze who got hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs.

Rangers changed the goalposts of how they wanted it to work. The gold membership numbers have not increased in-line with the overall growth of the mygers numbers. Approx 64% increase in gold in 3 years compared to approx 39% for mygers in the same period

And that number has decreased because more members joined after the season in which we reached both the EL and Scottish Cup final. It's simple supply and demand.

There was no indication that the number of away games a gold member would get would remain the same over time. No goalposts were ever moved.

And that number has decreased because more members joined after the season in which we reached both the EL and Scottish Cup final. It's simple supply and demand.

There was no indication that the number of away games a gold member would get would remain the same over time. No goalposts were ever moved.
The goalposts were moved after 3 months of over-rewarding the first cohort of gold members. The club believed they front-loaded the tickets and it was fair that they increased the number in the gold tier in October, January and again in April during the 21/22 season. There was known issues with ballots during the points update process and then after the split, tickets for Tynecastle and Parkhead seemed to go to those who got promoted due to rangers increasing the membership numbers

You don’t go from 2200 to 3000 odd in 3 threshold updates without intentionally changing the goalposts. Why has the gold tier not had a similarly representative increase this season? Most recent points update last week had gold increase by 50 odd members, not hundreds each time

The goalposts were moved after 3 months of over-rewarding the first cohort of gold members. The club believed they front-loaded the tickets and it was fair that they increased the number in the gold tier in October, January and again in April during the 21/22 season. There was known issues with ballots during the points update process and then after the split, tickets for Tynecastle and Parkhead seemed to go to those who got promoted due to rangers increasing the membership numbers

You don’t go from 2200 to 3000 odd in 3 threshold updates without intentionally changing the goalposts. Why has the gold tier not had a similarly representative increase this season? Most recent points update last week had gold increase by 50 odd members, not hundreds each time

That's not really "changing the goalposts", though. It was the start of a new system and there were inevitable teething issues.

My point to the previous poster still stands, though - bronze members get one or two tickets a season, and have virtually no chance for a game at Hampden, so the idea of gold being further rewarded at their expense seems excessive. For all the talk of changing the goalposts, the original documentation from the club was that it was never intended to be a closed shop and that all tiers would be represented in away domestic game allocations.

That's not really "changing the goalposts", though. It was the start of a new system and there were inevitable teething issues.

My point to the previous poster still stands, though - bronze members get one or two tickets a season, and have virtually no chance for a game at Hampden, so the idea of gold being further rewarded at their expense seems excessive.
You call it teething problems, I call it changing the goalposts. Depends on perspective I suppose however my point regarding an unrepresentative increase is true. Even when the overall mygers numbers fell, the gold tier membership numbers increased. So it was clear for all to see what the club was doing.

I’m not even arguing the rights and wrong of it, just pointing out it’s something the club done.

I don’t really see how Hampden can be viewed as a benefit for gold members on 2200+ points when there’s people on 600 less who are also guaranteed? I would personally swap a guaranteed hampden ticket for a handful more away tickets if it was an option

You call it teething problems, I call it changing the goalposts. Depends on perspective I suppose however my point regarding an unrepresentative increase is true. Even when the overall mygers numbers fell, the gold tier membership numbers increased. So it was clear for all to see what the club was doing.

I’m not even arguing the rights and wrong of it, just pointing out it’s something the club done.

I don’t really see how Hampden can be viewed as a benefit for gold members on 2200+ points when there’s people on 600 less who are also guaranteed? I would personally swap a guaranteed hampden ticket for a handful more away tickets if it was an option

Changing the goalposts means doing something to give a group an unfair or unwarranted advantage, so it's not really an appropriate phrase to use in this example. What exactly was the club's ulterior aim?

Hampden is virtually irrelevant here when talking about gold members. The previous poster indicated that the club should stop "pandering" to bronze members. These are members who 1. Can expect to receive 1 away game in a season and 2. Don't get tickets for games at Hampden with a 50/50 split. No alternative has been supplied.

Changing the goalposts means doing something to give a group an unfair or unwarranted advantage, so it's not really an appropriate phrase to use in this example. What exactly was the club's ulterior aim?

Hampden is virtually irrelevant here when talking about gold members. The previous poster indicated that the club should stop "pandering" to bronze members. These are members who 1. Can expect to receive 1 away game in a season and 2. Don't get tickets for games at Hampden with a 50/50 split. No alternative has been supplied.
That’s what they did do though, they changed it from their aim of rewarding loyalty and have slowly moved towards levelling it up to make it fairer. In a way I can see why the move has its positives, I’m not for one minute saying that gold should’ve been made smaller instead and all tickets should be given to them. I’m merely pointing out the facts of what happened and explaining my theory of why the club done so. Basically I believe they’ve taken tickets off of gold to distribute to other tiers to make more members happier.

Yes I agree with your second paragraph, wouldn’t have used that terminology in relation to hampden. I’m in the gold tier and imagine I’ll be somewhere in the middle but I’d majorly question the worth of being a member if I was in bronze. But what else can the club do? People in bronze don’t have a full 5 year purchase history, just need to bide their time

That’s what they did do though, they changed it from their aim of rewarding loyalty and have slowly moved towards levelling it up to make it fairer. In a way I can see why the move has its positives, I’m not for one minute saying that gold should’ve been made smaller instead and all tickets should be given to them. I’m merely pointing out the facts of what happened and explaining my theory of why the club done so. Basically I believe they’ve taken tickets off of gold to distribute to other tiers to make more members happier.

Yes I agree with your second paragraph, wouldn’t have used that terminology in relation to hampden. I’m in the gold tier and imagine I’ll be somewhere in the middle but I’d majorly question the worth of being a member if I was in bronze. But what else can the club do? People in bronze don’t have a full 5 year purchase history, just need to bide their time

I think it was simply a case of having to accommodate more fans. If the previous allocation of away tickets to gold members continued, some bronze wouldn't get tickets at all. Partly this will have been to appease those groups and partly because they didn't understand how the system works until it was operational.

Correct, they do need to bide their time. But I don't think someone can sign up to MyGers and get nothing.

I think it was simply a case of having to accommodate more fans. If the previous allocation of away tickets to gold members continued, some bronze wouldn't get tickets at all. Partly this will have been to appease those groups and partly because they didn't understand how the system works until it was operational.

Correct, they do need to bide their time. But I don't think someone can sign up to MyGers and get nothing.
Yes that’s what I was meaning. Instead of a gold member getting 7 tickets, they’d now get 4 and those 3 they would’ve got before the change now get given to 3 other members. Therefore the club kept 3 extra people happy. Simplistic way of looking at it but that’s essentially what they done

However I do believe they’re now at the point that they’re spreading it so thin that golds do have the right to question whether they’re being rewarded. Silvers may say “you get 2 extra away tickets compared to us” which is right however some gold are on silly high numbers of 2200+. Not even sure what maximum will be but higher than that anyway

Agree but often told mygers is about more than just tickets. No perfect answer I concede

This is true. I am gold and if the Ross County first come first served buy online is taken out of the equation I got 4 tickets from the first 6 away games that mygers ballots were performed.

Looking ahead it is going to be very difficult for Rangers to please everyone regarding away tickets through mygers. With Livi likely to be relegated and Hibs and possibly others cutting ticket allocations I can see Gold only getting 3 away tickets next season. I have a suspicion that the RSC percentage will be cut again to provide more tickets to mygers and corporate

I'm on silver & over the course of the last 2 seasons I've had the grand total of 4 away tickets.

3 last season & 1 this season.
I'm now also in danger of missing out on a cup final ticket. I'm on 1593 points ..... ST , CCS , Mygers etc..
I've been to 7 European away trips in the past 2 seasons & obtained tickets for everyone of these games from Gold members who had no intention of going.
I'm not sure if I'm actually having a rant here or not , just saying.......

This is true. I am gold and if the Ross County first come first served buy online is taken out of the equation I got 4 tickets from the first 6 away games that mygers ballots were performed.

Looking ahead it is going to be very difficult for Rangers to please everyone regarding away tickets through mygers. With Livi likely to be relegated and Hibs and possibly others cutting ticket allocations I can see Gold only getting 3 away tickets next season. I have a suspicion that the RSC percentage will be cut again to provide more tickets to mygers and corporate
Forgot about Ross County actually. The club were adamant they would never do rotational ballots again and were dead set on having it first come, first served for every away game. This was despite numerous outspoken people telling them it wouldn’t work and the reasons why it wouldn’t work. The club weren’t interested in listening

Ross County ticket process comes around and it was an absolute shambles, ultimately leading to Robertson having to make a statement apologising to fans. The club subsequently changed the goalposts after 1 away game and moved towards the current rotational ballot method. To their credit the club seen it didn’t work and changed it immediately but it could’ve been avoided

My dad’s only on 1 in silver and hasn’t had a category A yet. Praying he gets this as he can’t go.

My dad’s only on 1 in silver and hasn’t had a category A yet. Praying he gets this as he can’t go.
Usually about 8,000 in silver apply for away games?
Most of silver won’t have had a Cat A away,plenty in Gold haven’t.
Allocation for this game for silver will be extremely limited.
Him not being able to go is the most probable
Good luck :))

Going to be even worse next season with Livi going down

About another 14k off the total plus whatever hibs take away from us

A couple of seasons time we won't be far away from an open random draw for domestic aways with no tier involvement, and only euro aways and Hampden games being issued the Mygers were intended.

The combination of the club not wanting to lose money from customers and those near the bottom refusing to wait and earn their way up the ladder will lead us there.

"I've only had 1 or 2 away games all season"

So have the rest of us. There's no system that fixes this.
I had this discussion in a group chat.
I'm in Silver and on 2 for the season, both Rugby Park, another guy is in gold and on 5 (IIRC)
I think that's fair to be honest. The only game I missed registering for was County.

A couple of seasons time we won't be far away from an open random draw for domestic aways with no tier involvement, and only euro aways and Hampden games being issued the Mygers were intended.

The combination of the club not wanting to lose money from customers and those near the bottom refusing to wait and earn their way up the ladder will lead us there.
It will all become so tight points wise in a few years tiers will be meaningless, as you say hampden and Europe will be top down

My memory is a bit foggy but is that not how it used to be anyway?
Apply for away games at the start of the season, get given some. CCCS and priority for Hampden through you ST if you ticked the right boxes and then the travel club for Euro aways?

There is no ideal way of doing it tbh. It all comes down to self interest. Folk in Gold will say they deserve more tickets than the 4 or 5 they get. Folk in Silver and Bronze will say they need more to get extra points to climb the ladder etc

Apply for away games at the start of the season, get given some. CCCS and priority for Hampden through you ST if you ticked the right boxes and then the travel club for Euro aways?

There is no ideal way of doing it tbh. It all comes down to self interest. Folk in Gold will say they deserve more tickets than the 4 or 5 they get. Folk in Silver and Bronze will say they need more to get extra points to climb the ladder etc
Domestic aways are still a tiered ballot. My suggestion is it could go back to being an open ballot in a few seasons, regardless of tier. With only hampden and euro aways using the mygers structure.

Last edited:
Think with the fact we've gave the filth the bigger allocation we should look at talking to the wee clubs about giving them more in exchange for more at their place.

Surely their wee chip on shoulder arsehole fans would have to be ok with that.

Well folk in silver and bronze would be wrong as they get the same points as gold for away tickets as long as they buy the tiers average .

Going to be even worse next season with Livi going down

About another 14k off the total plus whatever hibs take away from us

Hibs offset by the mentally challengeds.

I think we’ll definitely be at Tannadice twice next season with way fixtures work, @rangeral will confirm though. We’ll have Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs all away in the first round of fixtures

Likely only 1 trip to St Johnstone next station though.

I think we’ll definitely be at Tannadice twice next season with way fixtures work, @rangeral will confirm though. We’ll have Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs all away in the first round of fixtures

Provided Livingston finish bottom we'll be at Tannadice twice as Dundee Utd will take the Livingston fixtures 'switch'

Provided Livingston finish bottom which likely to happen then yes 2 trips to Dundee United

St Johnstone depends on if they are still in the Premiership but would be 1 trip pre split

Back