How many people do you know have caught Covid by attending a match?

I caught it at the Malmo game as work from home so only place I could’ve caught it

That being said, I refused to be a number so after the positive lateral flow just self isolated for 10 days which folk should do if possible - only way were getting out of this

I think my dad caught it at the Aberdeen 2-2 game, he was ill a few days after that having not really been anywhere else in between

With the news Nicola Sturgeon is thinking of recalling the Scottish Parliament to discuss more restrictions before New Year you just know that football will be near the top of her list.

We know health is paramount but I have yet to hear evidence that attending a football match is a super spreader.

Certainly more likely in surrounding pubs, travelling to the match in bus, train or automobile.

Be good to hear people's views on this
How could you pinpoint it to catching it in any specific place?

We are 99.9% sure my dad caught it at the old firm game. When we scored everyone was jumping over each other (no issues at all with this).

2 days later he tested positive and hadn’t been anywhere else other than the game, days before and days after.

So it can happen but does seem very very rare

Went to the game yesterday, was a little under the weather last night and still a little this morning. Took a test and it turned out negative. So, all good?

With the news Nicola Sturgeon is thinking of recalling the Scottish Parliament to discuss more restrictions before New Year you just know that football will be near the top of her list.

We know health is paramount but I have yet to hear evidence that attending a football match is a super spreader.

Certainly more likely in surrounding pubs, travelling to the match in bus, train or automobile.

Be good to hear people's views on this
It's extremely unlikely to spread outdoors as the biggest driver of it appears to be air saturation via tiny aerosol particles. However I think its more the mode of transport, using the toilets etc that bring people together. Basically if you travel to the match in your own transport, go straight to the match, don't use the toilets and go straight home your chance ls of catching it are extremely slim.

Went to the game yesterday, was a little under the weather last night and still a little this morning. Took a test and it turned out negative. So, all good?
Not necessarily, if you have symptoms now ad are double vaccinated you may not test positive for a few days after symptoms.

Happened to me.

Me - semi final. Just about recovered now. Am triple jagged.
Most likely in a pub before the game or even the RSC bus.

I caught it at the Malmo game as work from home so only place I could’ve caught it

That being said, I refused to be a number so after the positive lateral flow just self isolated for 10 days which folk should do if possible - only way were getting out of this
Refused to be a number? That'll show them. BTW what's with the number in your user name?

Refused to be a number? That'll show them. BTW what's with the number in your user name?
Admin should close this thread now. People have different views and that’s normal.
However, I lost a pal and another’s got long covid plus another friend is in hospital at the moment.
All these smart ass experts coming on belittling the efforts to try and stop the spread should give it a rest and show some kind of respect ffs,

Do Scottish people enjoy football?

No ----> crack on.
Yes ---> ban it

This should help anyone wanting to know what sturgeon will next decide on how she will be running your life.
This all day long.

A miserable wee boot who has never had any joy in her life, and has no wish to see any others have some enjoyment.

Walking back into the city ctr yesterday after the game and every pub I passed in the city ctr was rammed.that will be more of a covid spreader than attending a game

i think its most likely i caught it in the Louden before the game against the Yahoos
tightly packed at the bar waiting etc

Admin should close this thread now. People have different views and that’s normal.
However, I lost a pal and another’s got long covid plus another friend is in hospital at the moment.
All these smart ass experts coming on belittling the efforts to try and stop the spread should give it a rest and show some kind of respect ffs,
Some people also lost loved one's due o their treatment being stopped because covid was all that matters, the disastrous handling of cancer care will kill more people than covid
Have a bit of respect for others

Interesting that last pre season Brighton had a test friendly against Chelsea... limited crowd and track and trace etc. No outbreaks recorded.

Caught it after the Tim’s game either in the ground or in the Louden! How do I know it was there 3 others came down with it at the same time.

So basically the majority of us got 2 vaccines and now a booster just so we could get more lockdowns ? What was the point in the vaccine then ? Thought this was meant to give us out freedom back

Bit of a daft thread this. I’m sure the science behind infection rates is based on a question like “do you know anyone who caught covid at the football”.

Nobody will be able to pinpoint where they caught the virus. Surely the more interesting stat is number of cases compared to deaths? I’m not sure what’s the right thing to do but if the stats start showing that we get this virus and deaths from it are going down then I guess we take our chances with it like any other virus or risk to our health. I don’t think it’s ever going to go away. Lockdowns slow it for a while until we start mixing again and then like other viruses we catch them again. Who many folks caught a cold when lockdown was on? I’d imagine a lot less than normal due to us not mixing but we started getting them again after

I'd be interested to know the figure's of people who've caught Covid who don't go anywhere near football/rugby/sports arenas.... truth be told its everywhere, just as likely to catch it off a £10 note than you are standing next to someone queuing for a pie and bovril...

Hee haw.

Spreading fear in the population.

How many people have died with cancer??
How many people died of cancer when their chemo was cut short because of Covid. I think the numbers of people dying through lack of treatment for numerous illnesses will far outweigh the numbers from Covid.
Don’t forget that the total number of Covid deaths include people who were terminally ill, but tested positive just before they died.

Was in the Louden before and after the game. Place was rammed with no one wearing masks. I wore one entering and moving through it, but took it off to drink and sing.

I'd be interested to know the figure's of people who've caught Covid who don't go anywhere near football/rugby/sports arenas.... truth be told its everywhere, just as likely to catch it off a £10 note than you are standing next to someone queuing for a pie and bovril...
I got covid while In lockdown. Still had to work mind, but I work outside. My work required I wore masks while out and about. I always used alcohol wash. I drive myself to work. I only ever went to visit my kids who rarely left the house expect to visit me or fresh air at the park, but some how ended up with it. I've had worse hangovers

Don’t forget that the total number of Covid deaths include people who were terminally ill, but tested positive just before they died.
And the people, like my grandmother, who was in full time residential care at Erskine who died in April'20 and aside from being 94 and having alzheimers, not eating or drinking for days before, they put Covid on her death certificate.

She had no covid symptoms, no positive test and no close contact with anyone known to have it. They put it on the certificate only because she died in a care home. Done solely to inflate the figures.

Would probably have stayed at home tbf. Why risk others?
I was fine before the game, it was towartds the end of the night I started feeling a bit off. I seem to be alright now. Just think it was the decision to give Hagi MOTM that did it tbh.

Back