I’m over it

The negativity in this forum drives me insane. Part of the reason I dont post on here often. Genuelinly think there is more positives to take away today than negative . We were better start to finish....they got lucky with an offside goal....that's the only difference . That shower showed nothing today absolutely nothing

I kind of agree.

Yes, they won the trophy and ultimately that is what matters. But after the Aberdeen result I genuinely thought they would run riot against us to twist the knife. We played them off the pitch and they got a lucky break. It's shit but it happens.

Gone forever are the times of being trashed every time we meet, the tide will change one day.

Exactly the same, couldn’t sleep last week and was pissed off for a few days. Dunno why I don’t feel the same today
It's obviously always sore to lose an OF Cup Final, very sore. But 55 (and stopping their run) is the thing we'd all want I think. In that respect, we should be optimistic about many aspects of our performance (albeit not the finishing!).

That's all people are saying - doesn't mean anyone is content about losing ffs!

Having watched the highlights...you know what...I’m not downhearted.
Staggered and still shocked that we dint win that, but what a performance.
They were battered! We completely, man for man, destroyed them.
They got a lucky goal that should have been offside
We were denied a penalty
We stupidly missed one
And McGregor was bored!
They are worried

The most one sided old firm game for years.
Now, let’s push on.
source.gif

Anybody who is ok with getting beat off them in a cup final should be ashamed of themselves
Nobody said they were okay. Did you think Gerrard would win at the 1st time of asking. If that had been Lennon at the end of the game he would have started giving it we were robbed because of decisions given against us. We will take it and learn from it and improve. Mark my words when we get the 1st bit of silverware there house of cards will start to fall round about them.

We were denied a penalty
We stupidly missed one
And McGregor was bored!
They are worried

Now, let’s push on.
I get this. I do. Any you may be right.

But my heart hurts. And I ask myself. For all that.....we were excellent they were garbage. And we STILL lost.

Gutted.

Be honest. After Wednesday did anyone see us dominating like that? I didn't. They were pish. Gutless. Got a gift as they have done for last few games. It can't continue. We are better. 55 is ours.

We were denied a penalty
We stupidly missed one
And McGregor was bored!
They are worried

Now, let’s push on.

Great post, wish you had got a ticket ahead of the surrender monkeys who deserted us at 80’

X

So close yet so far away

Is this going to be our mantra

I’m annoyed we couldn’t get it done today....really annoyed it’s no consolation at all that we were the better team

We were denied a penalty
We stupidly missed one
And McGregor was bored!
They are worried

Now, let’s push on.
Amazing what a couple of stiff drinks can do for some.

A lot of you have the Rangers you deserve. Accepting anything less than winning wont cut it
The result is the result - everyone has to "accept" it.

The (positive) posters are merely saying there are plenty grounds for optimism in terms of the rest of the season.

Absolutely gutted, hard one to take on the balance of play today. If you don't take your chances though, you don't win football matches.

They were piss poor, but we paid the price by not converting any of our many chances. They are no great shakes, but they have a winning mentality that we are struggling to break - somehow we have to find a way. We need to brave and fearless come the 29th, same performance again but ruthless in front of goal.

Struggling to stay positive to be honest as said in another thread the game against them at the knewcamp is an absolutely must win game no if’s or buts about it.

Securing Europe after Christmas is vital for financial reasons but the harsh reality is we are one defeat away from being 8 points behind having lost 3 times to them in the first half of the season.

That’s a bad situation to be in considering the amount of money the board have thrown at players over the last 18 months.

Securing Europe after Christmas is vital for financial reasons but the harsh reality is we are one defeat away from being 8 points behind having lost 3 times to them in the first half of the season.
Or one win at Parkhead away from being top of the league?

Tbh, it will likely be a very different game next time but surely we have shown enough to suggest we can at least get something out of it. After that, there's still a lot of football to be played.

We let a 2-0 lead drop against the Sheep and lose a Cup Final to the poets in the space of 5 days but I’m talking shite...

Aye ok.
Played the poets off the park , aye we lost but that can happen in a cup final .
I'm gutted we lost but i saw today that we're on the verge and it's coming soon

I’ll ask you again - what was the score?
Dress it up in whatever way you want but the bottom line is that they lifted the trophy.
I’d much rather we admitted that we weren’t good enough to win and take it on the chin - we used to slaughter their fans for such drivel.
We know that the last step in the rising of Rangers is to get over the line and win a trophy. Every Rangers fan and player is disappointed it didn't happen today. How we react to this defeat is very important. I thought that if Rangers were near their best then they are better than them. Today confirmed that for me. The difference is, unlike the old days, we don't have guys with experience of getting over the line and winning things. Players have to pay their dues to gain that experience of what it takes to win something and I see today as another step forward, although not the giant leap we were looking for.

Rangers deserved to come out on top today but we need to develop more resilience in the Scottish games, even though we have regularly shown it in European games.

Listened to the game on the radio and was loving the performance of the Rangers team and the fans. Obviously missing the penalty was a body blow, and Rangers didn't seem to control the game enough after Ceptic went down to 10 men. I understand Gerrard putting more firepower on with Defoe but reducing the number of midfielders may have helped stop us having a strangle hold over midfield and reduced the supply to our forwards.

Not doubt it's a sore one but we need to show character in how we react to it. Onwards to Thursday and everything at full blast.

Dress it up in whatever way you want but the bottom line is that they lifted the trophy.
I’d much rather we admitted that we weren’t good enough to win and take it on the chin - we used to slaughter their fans for such drivel.

They lifted the trophy due to complete variance. We win that game 9 times out of 10, possibly more.

We were more than good enough to win that game. Yes we didn’t, but too say were are not good enough is nonsense. We dominated, missed plenty chances and a penalty- this can happen. Their keeper for me was motm that says it all, and then throw in some poor referring

We are all disappointed with the result but we played well

FF drama queens bed time, proud of OUR team today ,another day could have been 5/1 we tore them a new arshole today.That will effect them

We were denied a penalty
We stupidly missed one
And McGregor was bored!
They are worried

Now, let’s push on.

You could argue they are worried but you could also argue they'll be saying we were shit and still beat them.

If we can’t beat that Celtic team then we’re in for a long season. Possibly our best performance of the season and an offside goal beats us. When will our luck turn?

It’s an utter embarrassment that they have won 10 trophies on the spin.
It is and makes Scottish football look tinpot, but we're the only club that can challenge them and stop them. A Cup win to them is literally nothing because today they won their fourth League Cup in a row but to us you would see people breaking down because of how meaningful it would be receiving our first piece of major silverware since going down.

We were denied a penalty
We stupidly missed one
And McGregor was bored!
They are worried

Now, let’s push on.

I'd say the most one sided game I've Ever witnessed against them in my 40 years on this earth.

And I include doings for both clubs in that.

What was the score again?

He can see what we all should see after that performance, was so one-sided we should take great heart from this for the rest of the season even though we did not score but would have if not for a great goalkeeping performance by their keeper! If anything this shows our players have nothing to fear against any team in our league and hopefully they carry this forward?

What are they worried about? Genuine question. They played their shittest team for god knows how long, went down to 10 men and we still handed it to them.

Do you really think any of their team or support for that matter are sitting tonight in fear of us?
Their shittest team? Only two “starters” were missing, and to be frank bolingoli isnt much better than hayes anyways. Away and dont talk shite.

If we can’t beat them when they play like dogshit, give away a penalty, go a man down for 30 mins and are shorn of their star striker for an hour then when can we beat them? They probably won’t play that badly in an OF for a few years. They can play much better, we can’t. Guaranteed, they’re not worried. If that’s the best we’ve got against the worst they’ve got then there isn’t much for them to be worried about.

Those who are “over it” probably feel like that because defeats against them have been the norm since 2012. We’ve had so much experience and, deep down, expect it which makes it easier to brush off.

We know that the last step in the rising of Rangers is to get over the line and win a trophy. Every Rangers fan and player is disappointed it didn't happen today. How we react to this defeat is very important. I thought that if Rangers were near their best then they are better than them. Today confirmed that for me. The difference is, unlike the old days, we don't have guys with experience of getting over the line and winning things. Players have to pay their dues to gain that experience of what it takes to win something and I see today as another step forward, although not the giant leap we were looking for.

Rangers deserved to come out on top today but we need to develop more resilience in the Scottish games, even though we have regularly shown it in European games.

Listened to the game on the radio and was loving the performance of the Rangers team and the fans. Obviously missing the penalty was a body blow, and Rangers didn't seem to control the game enough after Ceptic went down to 10 men. I understand Gerrard putting more firepower on with Defoe but reducing the number of midfielders may have helped stop us having a strangle hold over midfield and reduced the supply to our forwards.

Not doubt it's a sore one but we need to show character in how we react to it. Onwards to Thursday and everything at full blast.
That’s true that we don’t have a team of winners like previous years.......if this team “IS” going to be successful, then hopefully, tasting defeat today in what for some of them would’ve been their first major cup final, hopefully it will stay with them and eat into them.....specially the way we dominated...and they will want it more, the next time......as you said, pay their dues, and earn their right........

Don’t think the debate about whether they’re worried or not (they aren’t) is really worthwhile. It doesn’t matter, what matters is our mentality now and how we respond to the serious disappointment of the last two games.

As for me personally I’m far from over it, still feel pretty sick. Just praying the team are about to go out and get some results to make us all feel better.

What are they worried about? Genuine question. They played their shittest team for god knows how long, went down to 10 men and we still handed it to them.

Do you really think any of their team or support for that matter are sitting tonight in fear of us?

Very strange comment to make, we were better than them all over the park, even in the two victories against them recently I don't think we played better than today.

But they know its not a foregone conclusion anymore .... for the first time in years they gotta fight to win something.... and they now know we are more than capable of matching them ,.,, another day we win .....easy...you can smell the fear coming from them...2 yrs ago we were hoping to keep the score down to 2 or 3 ,....now they coming away with an offside goal to win...? We dont even have money coming in ffom a kit BB desl fs .. its coming boys we all hurting now but it will happen

We were denied a penalty
We stupidly missed one
And McGregor was bored!
They are worried

Now, let’s push on.
Everything you said is correct apart from one thing.
They are not worried. They barely believe we exist and it's just not in the bheggar psyche to view us as rivals.

Not sure how you could bring yourself to watch the highlights. Either you're very drunk or very staunch - regardless, good on you.

Back