I Can't See How This Season Can Be Finished

Makes sense. This postponement till April that a lot of leagues are talking about, is just unrealistic.

Do you see it getting to April 3rd, and leagues just starting to play as normal again?

August is optimistic imo.
Not even entirely sure about August if I'm honest... The way things are going I have a feeling it's gonna be ongoing for a long time, but who knows.

But agree with you. When the first league to do it (bundelsliga? i think) postponed till 31 march, while I agreed with their sentiment I just couldn't help but laugh. Wtf is 2 weeks gonna change.

Find out on Tuesday from who, Nostradamus, listen to what your saying and try, very hard to engage your brain, this isn’t a two week flu we’re talking about here it’s a pandemic.
Uefa and SFA when they have their conference....

Night Pettie

My guess is that most players will get it within the next month, and the leagues will be played to a mathematical conclusion behind closed doors.

On the basis that the Chinese have lied, and this goes back way earlier than first reported, we’re further into this than people possibly realise.

Isn't your logic in the final para the wrong way round? If the Chinese have lied, and this started there in November and they've just got a handle on it 5 months later, then surely we actually have longer to go than we realise? Unless the UK have also lied about when we got our first infections.

Bollocks, IMO. If every country follows the example of China and Singapore then things will improve within a couple of months. But those examples need to be followed with hardline tactics. No pussying around half hearted measures.

30 years on Celtc's 2020 squad are
still hopeful a 78th appeal will award them the title
mrslfm-b781158842z.120130819121003000gv51fdeeo.2.jpg

And in other news .... Bill Leckie is still single

Didnt say that....read my message again or isolate yourself from FF for 7 days

Isolate yourself from FF or talk something resembling sense, not rubbish.
These countries are putting a date on these league postponements merely to soften the blow of the whole shooting match getting cancelled, if you think this crisis is going to blow over by April then you know more than the many experts who think it will only peak come April.

I honestly don’t careifvmore than 50% of the Scottish league teams fold, if it destroys 9iar with a null and void ruling. Would be made sweeter with DU languishing for another season in the championship or them merging with Dundee.

Then just imagine us rebuilding in the summer and then gaining no 55 when next season gets under way again. That would end those predators absolutely end them....Carlsberg don’t do 55 league titles but if they did.....that would be one sweet 55!

Not even entirely sure about August if I'm honest... The way things are going I have a feeling it's gonna be ongoing for a long time, but who knows.

But agree with you. When the first league to do it (bundelsliga? i think) postponed till 31 march, while I agreed with their sentiment I just couldn't help but laugh. Wtf is 2 weeks gonna change.
Seriously? I’d wager Coronavirus will be forgotten news within a month. From what I can make out it’s much like SARS. People will still die and the threat will remain the same. However, the media will have had their fill of sensationalism and have moved onto something new to freak out about taking public opinion with them

Seriously? I’d wager Coronavirus will be forgotten news within a month. People will still die and the threat will remain the same. However, the media will have had their fill of sensationalism and have moved onto something new to freak out about

This will not go anywhere until a vaccine is developed mate.

Seriously? I’d wager Coronavirus will be forgotten news within a month. People will still die and the threat will remain the same. However, the media will have had their fill of sensationalism and have moved onto something new to freak out about
The world doesn't revolve around the media. Everything isn't going to suddenly go back to normal as soon as the media stops talking about it.

A vaccine is the only thing that will stop it now and they'll take months to develop and test etc.

The peak of the virus is forecasted for 10-12 weeks, so another 5-6 weeks on top of that, to get back to this current level. So your looking at mid July, if we hit the peak at the estaimated time, before we’re back where we are today.

The world doesn't revolve around the media. Everything isn't going to suddenly go back to normal as soon as the media stops talking about it.

A vaccine is the only thing that will stop it now and they'll take months to develop and test etc.

Finding a vaccine isn’t as hard as it sounds, it’s mass producing it to millions which more of a challenge.

Would there be any point starting a fresh season if the chances of completing that are negligible?? This is probably going to be with us for another year at least.

All it takes is one member of staff to test positive in the new season and the whole thing would be in lockdown again.

He's just stating what everyone else is stating.

I'll be very surprised if this season continues before then,this season has got to be be declared null and void.

There's no other escape route,not unless you wish to risk folks lifes.

The peak of the virus is forecasted for 10-12 weeks, so another 5-6 weeks on top of that, to get back to this current level. So your looking at mid July, if we hit the peak at the estaimated time, before we’re back where we are today.

Will rising temperatures not kill it and make things better?

Not sure that I'm basing that on any proper science but I was fairly hopeful it was true.

This is gona affect us big time if true. How much gate recipet is from season tickets and do we refund fans who have paid for the last few months of the season? I can see alot of Scottish teams going to the wall because of this. Thoughts?

Not sure that I'm basing that on any proper science but I was fairly hopeful it was true.
Noone knows really

But given there's been cases of it in Tenerife etc where the weather is warm, I'm not so sure.

This is gona affect us big time if true. How much gate recipet is from season tickets and do we refund fans who have paid for the last few months of the season? I can see alot of Scottish teams going to the wall because of this. Thoughts?
All those clubs that wouldnt sell us tickets cause they didnt need us will be suffering. And fek them I say.
I can imagine it in their board room meetings. We need to sell tickets to the hunz noo,
We should tell them to ram it.

Isolate yourself from FF or talk something resembling sense, not rubbish.
These countries are putting a date on these league postponements merely to soften the blow of the whole shooting match getting cancelled, if you think this crisis is going to blow over by April then you know more than the many experts who think it will only peak come April.

He didn't day he thinks it, he says that's what the countries are saying.

He then says he thinks we may find out on tuesday what uefas plans are regarding the rest of the season.

Why you abusing people and going absolutely mental about nothing?

Clinical trials will be the issue - they have to test it for 12 months minimum before even contemplating mass-producing it.

Rightly so mate, it isn’t a ‘we’ve found a cure’ let’s save the day’ scenario, there is days/hours/months of testing before the conclusion is determined.
Not a chance this season can be completed, in a ‘safe’ manner. At this rate, next season’s competition will be in jeopardy .

Rangers will be okay.Other teams ? I couldn't care less about.

All those clubs that wouldnt sell us tickets cause they didnt need us will be suffering. And fek them I say.
I can imagine it in their board room meetings. We need to sell tickets to the hunz noo,
We should tell them to ram it.
I agree to a point. Theres a few teams that are coming back to the fact they need us. St Johnstone etc, and I'm hoping the rest vote against the scums 11-1 vote, which I cant see anyone vote for. The meltdown will be tremendous.

increased temperatures are a breeding ground for any infections. I could be wrong, but I’m sure I heard they thought it could be contained in the summer, out with the obvious reasons of more available NHS staff. They reckon that most people are naturally outdoors in the hotter seasons, which with the extra airflow will reduce the transmission.

Back