I Can't See How This Season Can Be Finished

If this is actually the case then as has been mentioned previously it would be an ideal time to try and switch to summer football. March season restarts in Spetember, finishes in November. Job done.
Been thinking this myself, the next season starts February and runs to nov/dec
Would then tie in wi World Cup in qatar

He didn't day he thinks it, he says that's what the countries are saying.

He then says he thinks we may find out on tuesday what uefas plans are regarding the rest of the season.

Why you abusing people and going absolutely mental about nothing?
He didn't day he thinks it, he says that's what the countries are saying.

He then says he thinks we may find out on tuesday what uefas plans are regarding the rest of the season.

Why you abusing people and going absolutely mental about nothing?
Raging and abusing people and going mental about nothing?
Nothing? The rest of the season is finished, it doesn’t matter what UEFA’s plans are, they will be dictated by this crisis and by all likelihood it will mean no football season will restart, stick up for conjecture and guessing game opinions all you want but the guy I’m suppose to be abusing and your defence of him at this present time aren’t really living in the real world.

We have had a couple of digs from coronavirus thus far, I hope that I’m wrong, but I fear that at least 2 months away from the worst of it.

Fućk football we’ve all got parents / grand parents ; elderly relatives who could potentially fall foul of this hideous virus.

Football needs to get over itself.
Well said mate.

Seriously? I’d wager Coronavirus will be forgotten news within a month. From what I can make out it’s much like SARS. People will still die and the threat will remain the same. However, the media will have had their fill of sensationalism and have moved onto something new to freak out about taking public opinion with them

I'll take that wager?

It will hit us aswell though bud. But aye, %^*& the rest. Karma is due

With the run we have had in Europe Rangers have made their money already,ST 's were bought post season.

I doubt Rangers will lose very much if anything over the course.

Prize money is still to be distributed for our participation in the SPFL ( which should be interesting ).

The mentally challengeds are now looking for snookers.

Seriously? I’d wager Coronavirus will be forgotten news within a month. From what I can make out it’s much like SARS. People will still die and the threat will remain the same. However, the media will have had their fill of sensationalism and have moved onto something new to freak out about taking public opinion with them

I don't think it will be forgotten. We will, though, have to learn to live with it and there will be a normalisation about it. The return of football will be part of that.

Honestly no idea.

- No cure fully identified.
- Even when they do they need to commence animal trials.
- Then human trials.
- Then they need to look at mass production.
- Go to tender (can take a few months easily)
- Get the facilities designed,
- Identify filling machines and get them specially designed (can take 6mnths-1yr),
- Move into construction phase and complete the facility installation,
- Deliver the equipment,
- Functional testing,
- Commissioning,
- Qualification (Design, Install & Performance testing),
- Then you have the complete design, install, commissioning & qualification of the EMS.
- Then you also need the packaging machine's which has all of the above tasks.
- Then you have the regulatory license and approval.
- There is more but the list is massive.

Honestly, this takes easily 24 months best case. Usually longer as pharmaceutical industry is so complex with the regulations we need to comply with (This is my field of expertise).

So to answer your question. Genuinely %^*& knows. Could be many many months. Maybe a year at least if cases continue to multiply by the day and folk continue to die from it.

This the guy that said Craig Whyte was a billionaire with wealth OFF THE RADAR? I suggest he’s sensationalising, it might happen but don’t think he can know that.

With the run we have had in Europe Rangers have made their money already,ST 's were bought post season.

I doubt Rangers will lose very much if anything over the course.

Prize money is still to be distributed for our participation in the SPFL ( which should be interesting ).

The mentally challengeds are now looking for snookers.
Mate, everyone knows the season should be cancelled. I'm pretty sure that's what will happen after listening to Fraser Wishart on SSB.

Isn't your logic in the final para the wrong way round? If the Chinese have lied, and this started there in November and they've just got a handle on it 5 months later, then surely we actually have longer to go than we realise? Unless the UK have also lied about when we got our first infections.

Not at all, we’re thinking this is the outcome after 3 months and there’s worse to come, when in reality we’re further ahead than that and the fall out hasn’t been as severe.

The UK can’t lie about something they didn’t know was happening. The Chinese can and did.

"Lets overlap games to next season and cancel the League cup!"

So, the relegated team would be expected to turn up and play a game that literally doesn't matter to them? Playoff teams are expected to play games for an outcome already determined? Cup competitions cancelled for literally pointless games?

No.

Leaving loyalties aside for a minute in this time of crisis would it not make sense to simply restart this season when we're able to and to curtail NEXT season instead?
All of the championships could maybe play only half of their scheduled games next season?
I suppose the only sticking point would be the broadcasters wanting their monies worth but surely they and the leagues could come up with something.

Bollocks, IMO. If every country follows the example of China and Singapore then things will improve within a couple of months. But those examples need to be followed with hardline tactics. No pussying around half hearted measures.
These people are programmed to toe the party line....western Europe ??

This doesnt seem real. Even if it's being talked about in every information outlet.

I just can't get my head around it.

Our celebrations over them failing to get 9 may be short lived indeed. If they close the schools, then countless people won’t be able to go to work. God knows what it‘ll do to the economy.

It would be possible to restart this season as soon as its safe to do so but curtail NEXT season instead.
All leagues next season could half or three quarter the amount of games in their championships which would then put us on an even keel.

There would prob be difficulties with the broadcasters but surely they could work something out.

This season should be declared null and void, its the only sensible solution and I would honestly say the same if it was us who were top of the league, people being ill and dying is much more important than football. Lennon just embarrassed not only himself today but also his club. Start the new football season as normal in August if things on the virus front have calmed down.

There is a few variables. Whether the virus mutates and if they can engineer a vaccine. Either way it's going to be awhile.

The longer it takes to develop the longer it will take for them to manufacture enough and distribute it. Worse still, it takes a few days to show any symptoms.

I always assumed the short delay was purely to allow them time to assess and possibly look at behind closed doors if players and staff get past that initial period. Fanciful obv

Not at all, we’re thinking this is the outcome after 3 months and there’s worse to come, when in reality we’re further ahead than that and the fall out hasn’t been as severe.

The UK can’t lie about something they didn’t know was happening. The Chinese can and did.

I still don't follow. 3 months from when? And who is 3 months from when?

What we know based on released info:

First case in China in November (4-5 months ago)
Severe measures implemented from Early Jan. (1-2 months after first known infection)
Peaked around late Feb (3-4 months after first known infection)
Seems to be controlled mid March

If the same timeline was applied to the UK, where would things stand? I can't recall when the first known case appeared in UK.

You're in for a surprise.

Do the players just train like normal after the worst of it is over and have like a long as anything down period in between!? The players will basically need a pre season before they can start playing games again imo. Unprecedented really. I think they'll scrap this season. Start fresh in the late summer or late autumn on the next. Depends entirely on how the virus spreads and develops though.

The more you start to think about it.

The English have put a date on their return and we haven't. Say we follow suit with them and look to start back beginning of April after the international break, is that not when the virus is due to be at it's peak? We have been told we still have around 3 months of the virus and it hasn't even hit it's peak yet, so how can the players play in a few weeks when effectively it's going to be more dangerous than it is now?

Also, how are the players going to keep themselves fit when they won't be training everyday? They can't take a month off then be expected to come back and start playing games right away.

If we are talking 3-4 months of the virus still to spread etc before it starts to get better you are into June / July, even by postponing the Euros, there's not enough time to get games played, and then be ready to begin next season in time.

This is utterly mental and the more you start to think about it, the more you come to terms with the fact that the only option could be to scrap the whole season.

The club better be ready to fight this all the way because Celtic will be wanting awarded the title. They have already got their message out with Brown in the media this week.
Well that's the English premiership talking about giving Liverpool the title, just hope those idiots at Hampden don't follow suit, so we have to fight this, and get Uefa to step in as it's not impossible for us to win the title.

Just watch the mental and physical gymnastics that are about to be visited upon us by all known apologists for the bheasts who inhabit the Knew Camp in an attempt to get their grubby mitts on the trophy.
Make no mistake, we are about to enter a virtual armageddon with respect to this virus and will, individually and collectively, have more than enough much more serious issues to contend with, but still the mentally challengeds will try every trick in the book to get their way.

As someone pointed out, if we won the two remaining old firm games and our game in hand, the gap would be four points. I just don’t see how the title can possibly be awarded to anyone unless it is mathematically over.

There is no way they would allow us to walk away with the title if roles were reversed. Also, they started all this “sporting integrity” guff years ago. You reap what you sow.

As for Euro qualification - quite simple - you base it on the previous year. That is on the basis that season 19/20 was abandoned due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Tim's STOLE a title from us in 2008, FACT, because we weren't allowed to extend the season for a few days due to a fictitious tour of Japan , this clusterfu*k will last months. There is no precedent for gifting titles early and their 9 is already TAINTED enough as it is. Let's put the shoe on the other foot here, swap old firm league positions and imagine lennon saying Rangers deserve the title as they are ahead in the league, yeah that's stretching the imagination a little too far.

We'll be back playing in April, be amazed if leagues don't finish

There is too much money at stae... And that will take priority

How can players remain match fit? How can players avoid being infected by the virus and when they do inevitably get it the rest of the team may too get it. Not only that we are not even sure about reinfection rates yet.

I see no option but for the season to end. The season has to be voided. The ensuing game legal cases from Hearts, even us will kill off the spfl.

or we can just award Celtic the league and Scottish cup, yeh that sounds about right.

9 pages is a lot to read through, so, apologies if covered already, but I would imagine BCD would be implemented? No?
The SPL I'm sure will shoe horn this in. I'm just too cynical to imagine the authorities in this country playing it out any other way with their '9" at stake!

A message to kevin clancy and his cabal, Sporting Integrity will ensure your deeds were in vain. The SPFL rule book constantly uses the word season i.e "after the end of a relevant Season".

this word football season is "a fixed time in the year when the sport of football is played". It includes matches to play over a given time. There is no legal notice to award or demote any team whilst this is incomplete. But there a countless legal matters that can be raised if an award is given to anyone who has not won it or demoted before a season ends.

So Clancy GIRFUY

It won’t be April but they’ll finish this league

I see the mail saying Liverpool to get handed title

LEGALLY all other teams would have to agree on a new unprecedented rule. Can you see real madrid doing the same regards Barcelona or many more?, us doing the same etc when its potentially 4 points after our game in hand and our meetings with them?

NO CHANCE

CAS would rule in our favour 100% theres not even a debate to be made here.

Talk of the season starting up again in 3 weeks is just fantasy.

The virus doesn’t peak it’s pandemic until April into May.

There is no chance this season is starting up again in time to finish the fixtures before contracts expire end of May. None.

Our celebrations over them failing to get 9 may be short lived indeed. If they close the schools, then countless people won’t be able to go to work. God knows what it‘ll do to the economy.

All pishing ourselves laughing at the mentally challengeds aside, this is a genuine worry.

The impact all this could have on the NHS, public services, jobs, lives and families is a far bigger concern to me than any greeting mentally challengeds whining about some shitey tainted football bauble.

Back