Ianis Hagi

But aye, he's a player who does things that other won't/or can't. He finds passes and space that others are either unable to or are uncapable of doing.
That is just total nonsense ! If he was doing that he wouldn't be a bench warmer for us or Alaves. Can you give us some examples because i seemed to have missed all these wonder passes ! He has lived off the Braga game for too long. Yes he was good during 55 but so was the whole team.

That is just total nonsense ! If he was doing that he wouldn't be a bench warmer for us or Alaves. Can you give us some examples because i seemed to have missed all these wonder passes ! He has lived off the Braga game for too long. Yes he was good during 55 but so was the whole team.
Just because you're not playing doesn't mean you can't add something to the team. I'm not sure why people are arguing so much that he's worse than what we currently have. But you must be right, if you don't play, or are injured then you're just shite and should be binned as fast as possible.

Just because you're not playing doesn't mean you can't add something to the team. I'm not sure why people are arguing so much that he's worse than what we currently have. But you must be right, if you don't play, or are injured then you're just shite and should be binned as fast as possible.
Good players are not left on the bench week in week out by various managers, there is a reason he is not a regular starter.

All this about Hagi being slow, Steven Davis has never been the fastest, however if your gifted with a good footballing brain, and the knack of being in the right place right time? Included with Hagi, is also Lowrie, who unfortunately I don’t think will make it, we’ve had headless sprinters before and nothings came of them, Clement I do believe can turn a player round.

Steven Davis had more ability in his big toe than Hagi has.

If we're going to pull out the definitions of words then I think the whole forum might be fucked. But aye, he's a player who does things that other won't/or can't. He finds passes and space that others are either unable to or are uncapable of doing. He's not the best fit for the league, but I think he's shown that when fully fit and on form then he adds to the squad.
Ianis Hagi can find passes and spaces that others are incapable (not uncapable) of doing??
That's why he can't get a game for Rangers or Alaves I suppose?
If you mean what you say literally you are certifiable.

Ianis Hagi can find passes and spaces that others are incapable (not uncapable) of doing??
That's why he can't get a game for Rangers or Alaves I suppose?
If you mean what you say literally you are certifiable.
Others, as in other players in our team at the moment. I don't get what's so mad about it. He's a good player who had a really bad injury and would improve our team if he's fully-fit. You just seem to hate him for no real reason.

Also, he got bombed out by Beale - big deal, Beale was a charlatan. He's not playing regularly for a La Liga club so he can't play in the Scottish league...is that what you're saying? Stay off the drink and get to your bed.

Difference is that Steven Davis was a fast processor of the game, hagi is not. That’s why Davis played at the levels he did, because despite his lack of speed, his speed in which he processed the game meant it didn’t matter.
Davis was always in the thick of it too. Hagi let way too many games pass him by.

Hagi has always been a bit of an enigma for me and I've never really formed an opinion one way or the other on him during his time with us.

He comes across as a really nice guy who is always speaking positively about the club/fans etc but if I'm being honest I just don't think he's a good player. He might be ok as a squad player going forward but I don't think he's good enough to start regularly for us if we want to be successful.

My biggest issue with him is that he always seems to be off balance when he's striking the ball but I don't know if that's due to eagerness or lack of overall athleticism.

One thing that can't be argued though is that he produces numbers when he plays and there is a lot of value in that. Sakala was similar in that sense.

Comparing the Hagi of now to the Hagi Rangers signed 4 years (yup - 4) ago is folly.

For all the criticisms of his consistency or impact I liked him a lot when he first arrived and felt in time he would become a really good player for us. Not dissimilar to Cantwell now in that the talent is there but the player is mercurial and you have to accept one to get the other.

Sadly injury, inability to recover and the times they have merged have left him shot and the fact we are still debating whether Hagi can make it at Rangers having not really made it in 4 years is somewhat depressing.

A bit like asking whether Jack/Roofe can get fit again.

What couldve been baby....

Others, as in other players in our team at the moment. I don't get what's so mad about it. He's a good player who had a really bad injury and would improve our team if he's fully-fit. You just seem to hate him for no real reason.

Also, he got bombed out by Beale - big deal, Beale was a charlatan. He's not playing regularly for a La Liga club so he can't play in the Scottish league...is that what you're saying? Stay off the drink and get to your bed.
You don't really have very high standards or aspirations for Rangers do you?
I suppose that's what a decade of accepting mediocrity does to people.
He's unique, but only among current Rangers players ffs. That takes some beating :)

You don't really have very high standards or aspirations for Rangers do you?
I suppose that's what a decade of accepting mediocrity does to people.
He's unique, but only among current Rangers players ffs. That takes some beating :)
You're a weird guy.

I'm curious if Clement can improve him but I think he'll be sold, we need a complete new start without players who might or might not come good. Every player coming in in the summer has to be an instant improvement.

Sell. If he has a few good games on Alaves, that can hopefully bring in a half decent bid, it doesn't mean we should bring him back. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he brings in any sort of decent fee to help towards the rebuild.

Be good to let the manager have a look at him in pre-season, make an assessment, see where his head's at and take it from there. He's no world beater, but there's definitely times this season he'd have been a better option than we had available.

Reactions: TQ3
Clement will know him well from his time in Belgium. He’s probably made up his mind on him already irrespective of what happens in pre season.

I’m not sure he has the pace or athletic ability we seem to now be looking at in new players.

Denied by a brilliant save? Have you seen keepers against us? They are the recarnation of Lev Yashin
shopping

We can't afford to replace the entire team.

Is Hagi an upgrade on Scott Wright we have that we don't have to sign because we already have his registration? Yes

Conversely if decent money comes in for him, we should sell. But is that likely to happen?

I am not a huge fan of Hagi but at least he can kick a ball with both feet. It amazes me that professional footballers can be so one footed. We have a few who literally can’t take the ball on their weaker foot and certainly couldn’t cross or shoot with it.

Back