Official If anyone is struggling this Xmas (FF Xmas giving 2021)

Good to see you doing this again Jim.
Count me in. I'll donate a little later.
And if you need any help from down my way. Just ask mate.

Was worried about last year. But generally you can tell by the message people send and their post history if they're genuine or not. Also, we delivered pretty much everything personally... In addition to the food and presents, some people were really just in need of some human contact and to have someone shake their hand and have a chat for 10 minutes. It was very humbling and very scary to see how easy it is to go from cruising along to 'shit, how do we pay the bills this month'

You'd also need to be pretty low to take away money from people that are really struggling at xmas.

You are doing a good thing OP. Taking the time to organise this and those who set aside time at this time of year to help others are one in a million.

Donation made.

Some of you maybe remember there was a wee post up last year offering to help any fellow bears that were struggling financially or otherwise at Xmas - long story short it grew arms and legs and we ended up raising around £6k, which was then distributed to any posters in need to help with food and presents at xmas (with the remainder going charities such as Erskine and number schools locally who had families struggling)

A few of the guys who very kindly got involved last year have been asking if we're doing it again this year so I've just OK'd with admin earlier today and will set up a Justvgiving page shortly which I'll chuck up on here later.

I'll kick in the first £100 again this year and if anyone wants to be involved with helping just let me know. Over and above the financial help it would definitely be useful if people could point us towards other resources and more professional support which might be available.

Finally and most importantly, if anyone is struggling and in need of a hand... then just PM me.

Cheers and have a good xmas.
WATP

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/FF-xmas-2021
Brilliant idea and happy to make a donation. All the best! WATP

Was worried about last year. But generally you can tell by the message people send and their post history if they're genuine or not. Also, we delivered pretty much everything personally... In addition to the food and presents, some people were really just in need of some human contact and to have someone shake their hand and have a chat for 10 minutes. It was very humbling and very scary to see how easy it is to go from cruising along to 'shit, how do we pay the bills this month'

You'd also need to be pretty low to take away money from people that are really struggling at xmas.
If you need any wheels in and around Glasgow mate i'm available

Some of you maybe remember there was a wee post up last year offering to help any fellow bears that were struggling financially or otherwise at Xmas - long story short it grew arms and legs and we ended up raising around £6k, which was then distributed to any posters in need to help with food and presents at xmas (with the remainder going charities such as Erskine and number schools locally who had families struggling)

A few of the guys who very kindly got involved last year have been asking if we're doing it again this year so I've just OK'd with admin earlier today and will set up a Justvgiving page shortly which I'll chuck up on here later.

I'll kick in the first £100 again this year and if anyone wants to be involved with helping just let me know. Over and above the financial help it would definitely be useful if people could point us towards other resources and more professional support which might be available.

Finally and most importantly, if anyone is struggling and in need of a hand... then just PM me.

WATP

Nice one! Good work Justice.

I'll make a donation

Great idea and just donated. Hope it makes someone's Christmas that little bit easier/happier.

Just a wee update - In additional to all incredible generosity (again) I just wanted to say thanks for all the offers of help and assistance. I've been mad busy at work and not had the chance to get back to everyone yet (apologies) but I'm hoping to get the spreadsheet fired up and updated over the weekend, then hopefully start getting on top of the admin and logistics.

Cheers

I've popped a few pounds in . Christmas is a truly great time for kids heartbreaking to think some won't enjoy it .hopefully this page will make a few kids smile on the 25th

WATP

Fantastic lads. I'll do my best to send something in

Donation made, awesome thing you guys are doing & hope to help a few people have a better Christmas

Small donation made,sorry couldn't afford much more. Brilliant things these from our fans. Tears in my eyes and I'm not the emotional type. Hope bears everywhere have a nice Christmas,especially the wee ones that don't have much.my heart goes out to you.

I dropped some stuff off this morning to one of the boys that messaged needing a wee hand.

He was out but his wife just burst into tears (as I nearly did) when she found out why i was there.

Absolutely heartwarming to be able to help out others who have had a run of bad luck with jobs and health at this time of year. It means they'll be able to pay all the bills and have presents and a good meal for the kids on Xmas day. Actually welling up again just typing this. Anyway, thank you all for your donations on behalf of the people who are benefitting. Makes a real difference.

WATP!

I dropped some stuff off this morning to one of the boys that messaged needing a wee hand.

He was out but his wife just burst into tears (as I nearly did) when she found out why i was there.

Absolutely heartwarming to be able to help out others who have had a run of bad luck with jobs and health at this time of year. It means they'll be able to pay all the bills and have presents and a good meal for the kids on Xmas day. Actually welling up again just typing this. Anyway, thank you all for your donations on behalf of the people who are benefitting. Makes a real difference.

WATP!
Thanks for all your work on this mate, brilliant to hear the small (and large!) contributions are making big differences.

Well played to all involved, @justice nice to hear of reaction you got at door with the unexpected gift. Im sure this will all make a huge difference to the kids and family in need.

Back