Improving the game...or just plain stupid.

What happens if Tims buy ticket and sit in our end then get to play for rangers but don’t try a leg?
When your names drawn out the hat, you go down to the changing rooms, get your kit on and you get a rangers tattoo before you go on
, hows that.

I'm pretty certain we done this for most games last season, although we started with them rather than waiting till the 60th minute :mad:

This is quite possibly the most mental thing I've ever read on FF in all its various guises down the years.

Sheer fucking nonsense.

I'm also a bit concerned about which pub is letting the 12yo OP and his mates get bevvied up.
Awk have a sense of humour big yin.

It would only be for cup games, mind they used to do something like that on generation game where the experts showed you how something should be done then the contestants had a go at it after, Ant n Dec could host the games and Stewart Hall from its a knockout could commentate, unless he's deid.

Think he's sharing a cell with Rolf Harris....

It would only be for cup games, mind they used to do something like that on generation game where the experts showed you how something should be done then the contestants had a go at it after, Ant n Dec could host the games and Stewart Hall from its a knockout could commentate, unless he's deid.
Or is a convicted paedo. You're having an absolute nightmare mate.

Maybe to give the non players a bit of a chance the pro's that are still on the pitch could play the last half hour with, clown shoes, cloggs or flippers.

So my idea would be that at half time there's a draw held, selecting a certain number of fans from the stands, say 4, when an allotted time of the game has been played, for arguments sake we say 60 minutes, the fans are subbed on for the players ...

cE11beD.gif

When your names drawn out the hat, you go down to the changing rooms, get your kit on and you get a rangers tattoo before you go on
, hows that.

This is where it breaks down for me, if we're going to consider this seriously surely the 'punter sub' must come straight on from the stands but the player being replaced goes off immediately.

This provides a 'power play' where the teams are down to 10 players each whilst the 'punter sub' makes his/her way down to the pitch

'punter subs' play in the outfit they arrive in so can choose to attend the game wearing full kit (wnkers) or more traditional stone island & gazelle/brown brogues & cardigan. With the option to mix n match - flannels and predator sock boots.

Word of warning for brogue wearers, get them studded for extra purchase the last thing you want is to be clean through on the goalie only to slip on your arse, there's no hiding place out there.

I'm shite at football but will be sure to violently assault the most mentally challengedish opposition player.

This is where it breaks down for me, if we're going to consider this seriously surely the 'punter sub' must come straight on from the stands but the player being replaced goes off immediately.

This provides a 'power play' where the teams are down to 10 players each whilst the 'punter sub' makes his/her way down to the pitch

'punter subs' play in the outfit they arrive in so can choose to attend the game wearing full kit (wnkers) or more traditional stone island & gazelle/brown brogues & cardigan. With the option to mix n match - flannels and predator sock boots.

Word of warning for brogue wearers, get them studded for extra purchase the last thing you want is to be clean through on the goalie only to slip on your arse, there's no hiding place out there.
I'm liking your style mate, thats a good call.

Judging by his avatar, the OP likes The Wicker Man.

I'd hallucinate too if I knew Britt Ecklund was dancing around naked next door....
It wasn't Britt it was a double and the double was from the village just forgot her name

Thanks to car93los idea the plan will be slightly revamped then.

On arriving at the game you buy a ticket if you want to play, on the 60 minute mark four players from each team leave the pitch, the game keeps going, Ant'n'Dec announce the punters who are replacing the players, the punters then have to dash down the stands and onto the pitch, in the gear they are wearing grab a relevant coloured bib and join straight into the game.

I’m pissing myself, if serious you need to have a word possibly the maddest idea I’ve ever seen on here hahaha and yes it is plain stupid

There's a wee dickhead who stands up right in front of me in the Sandy Jardine Stand, about every 30 seconds.

If he could get a regular team place every week, at least I'd get to see the second half without breaking my neck!

I saw a thread the other day about improving the game, I've been talking with my mates on this subject for a while, usually in the pub, which become apparent if you read on.

So my idea would be that at half time there's a draw held, selecting a certain number of fans from the stands, say 4, when an allotted time of the game has been played, for arguments sake we say 60 minutes, the fans are subbed on for the players, it would mean the teams would really need to go for it for the first 60 minutes because they will never know how crap the fans coming on will be.

It's maybe not an idea for the league but it would certainly make a cup competition more exciting, how many folk would go to a game if they might get a chance to actually play for their team, and before you smart ars3s all give me a hard time mind I did say this idea is alcohol induced.

giphy.gif

Imagine if the rule was used in Europe away & the winning fan had travelled & swallows a day n a half on a supporters bus!!!!

Imagine if the rule was used in Europe away & the winning fan had travelled & swallows a day n a half on a supporters bus!!!!
We'll trial it in the scottish cup first, iron out all the wee problems then put it to UEFA, you never know it could be the new formatt in world cups in the future.

I saw a thread the other day about improving the game, I've been talking with my mates on this subject for a while, usually in the pub, which become apparent if you read on.

So my idea would be that at half time there's a draw held, selecting a certain number of fans from the stands, say 4, when an allotted time of the game has been played, for arguments sake we say 60 minutes, the fans are subbed on for the players, it would mean the teams would really need to go for it for the first 60 minutes because they will never know how crap the fans coming on will be.

It's maybe not an idea for the league but it would certainly make a cup competition more exciting, how many folk would go to a game if they might get a chance to actually play for their team, and before you smart ars3s all give me a hard time mind I did say this idea is alcohol induced.
You got it right - just plain stupid.

Thanks to car93los idea the plan will be slightly revamped then.

On arriving at the game you buy a ticket if you want to play, on the 60 minute mark four players from each team leave the pitch, the game keeps going, Ant'n'Dec announce the punters who are replacing the players, the punters then have to dash down the stands and onto the pitch, in the gear they are wearing grab a relevant coloured bib and join straight into the game.

Of course 'punter subs' would have to enter the field of play at the half way line and be waved on by the ref after the 4th official checked the soles of their footwear, I mean c'mon we're not trying to make a mockery of the game.

Just think how much effort the team would need to put in at the start of the game, the players subbed out of the team would be picked randomly too, you could have your keeper replaced by wee jinty, so the pressures on, do you try and score a barrowload before the subs come on or do you try keep it tight and hope your subs are better than theirs.

Of course 'punter subs' would have to enter the field of play at the half way line and be waved on by the ref after the 4th official checked the soles of their footwear, I mean c'mon we're not trying to make a mockery of the game.
You are going to be an important part of getting this off the ground car93los, the input you're having here is invaluable, when this starts making money I'm gonna make you an equal partner.

What happens if Wullie Smith is drawn out and forty fans make their way to the 4th official?
its just like a raffle, Ant'n'Dec will call out a number and the winner will have the corresponding ticket stub, it's a simple idea, we can probably get it up and running for the start of the season.

Back