It’s the end of the road for Tav, Goldson and several others

Tav I would keep, we play him as an attacking player, so that means we can't have dross at the back like Goldson. Borna even getting a game is a criminal decision and that rests on the manager.
He played Borna because yilmaz are out and we were really imbalanced against Celtic with sterling at LB.

There’s not a single player I’d be worried about losing in the summer. That’s the sad reality.

Butland. Dio. Sterling. I’d like Cortes, if we can afford him. The rest can go.

Guys like Cantwell & Souttar avoid a lot of flak but they’ve been atrocious recently.

I think what the team lacks is natural winners, players that know what it’s like to win and know how to go out and win games because they want it more and have the passion, determination and the drive to win leagues. We seem to lack players that have that Barry Ferguson mentality and passion to win and when was the last time we had a player like that?

The money we're spending on guys who are past their best is eyewatering.

Tav, Goldson, Lundstram, Lawrence, Dessers. Roofe - That's £8.5m on wages for those six alone.

We cannot continue to be a pension fund for guys in their 30's. The entire approach needs to change.

I swear to God, if we go into next season with Lundstram on a new deal and remaining undroppable with the captain and vice captain I'm going to run head first into the nearest wall and brain myself.

Goldsons head seems to be completely gone, he used to be a rock and now gets bullied off every striker he’s up against. I’d happily see him go in Summer, he’s been here too long.

Ronson.

You can’t coach systemic errors. We’re winning hee haw with these guys.

Dowell - jobber
Cantwel-jobber
Lundstram- jobber
Dessers - jobber
Barisic - coward
The series losers have had their final chance.

We need a refresh and total rebuild. Fxck knows where we're getting the money for it but it needs done.

Ronson.

Dowell - jobber
Cantwel-jobber
Lundstram- jobber
Dessers - jobber
Barisic - coward
Cantwell ?
only player worth his wages today,what were you watching.
and i notice you,ve given out so called captain a bye ball in that list .
him and goldson are our biggest problem .
took tav less than 60 seconds of that match to be posted missing from his berth and we were fortunate the chance ended up on top of the net and not in it.
didn,t get any better ,either defending or his passing and his customary penalty aside,he was rotten as usual .
doesn't change much really other than now having to win every single match from here in.
will we?not that squad imo.team of bottlers and for all dessers hard graft,if he'd put away any one of the simple chances he had,we would have been on easy street.absolutely shocking from the team today

The money we're spending on guys who are past their best is eyewatering.

Tav, Goldson, Lundstram, Lawrence, Dessers. Roofe - That's £8.5m on wages for those six alone.

We cannot continue to be a pension fund for guys in their 30's. The entire approach needs to change.

I swear to God, if we go into next season with Lundstram on a new deal and remaining undroppable with the captain and vice captain I'm going to run head first into the nearest wall and brain myself.

This untouchable status certain players have is mindnumbing. The captain I can get, but a role like the vice-captain shouldn't ensure your place in the XI no matter what.

Do what you always do and you get what you always get.

2 most “senior leaders” are serial sh@te bags. I am not surprised, disgusted but not suprised.. Not addressed it for years and blowing this title will cost us for the next 2-3 years as the rebuild is massive. Far too big a job for 1 or 2 windows.

May have been a bit hasty including Cantwell. Dowell for Celtic’s 3rd last week was an abomination. Was statuesque watching whoever it was glide past him.

I'm sick of the fucking sight of Tavenier, I really am. I'm grateful for his service and he's always given his all but he's not up to the job and certainly not as good as he thinks he is. Epitomises how far the standard of football in Scotland has fallen that he has been captain of this famous club.

This untouchable status certain players have is mindnumbing. The captain I can get, but a role like the vice-captain shouldn't ensure your place in the squad no matter what.

We're now at 5 collapses out of six with these two as the leaders. 3 out of 3 with their pal Lunny giving them haunners.

Any serious club would've spotted this and addressed it. We simply pretend it's the other 7 outfield players to blame and work around it.

If there is a deal for Lundstrum on the table it should be removed, his lack of desire to get into a position to at least challenge for two of the goals was criminal. Jogging then gave up before the guy had even scored, any rebound and he still wouldn’t have been in position to challenge.

I think this is a time where we initially take a step back in order to go forward

We do not have funds to replace the output of Tav. But it might be mutually beneficial if he looks for a final pay day (ie Saudi interest from last window) and for us to train up a long term successor

Goldson is no longer the rock we need him to be. We likely cannot afford another £3.5m for a CB but it’s time to bite the bullet and get a bit younger on that position

Barisic is completely gone is every sense. Replacing him for next season has clearly been in the managers mind

Lundstrum had his purple patch but it’s back to safe, largely sideways. We have Raskin on our books - it’s now or never with him

Roofe is becoming a myth and does not look to have even that drive he had when he first joined (talking about the competition to win in the training games etc). Danilo and two others…?

Still can't believe people only recently were trying to argue that Goldson is still the same player as he was during the 55 season.

That four year deal was beyond diabolical business. Four years!
I’ll hold my hands up and say I was delighted when he signed up again.

Unfortunately, he’s turned to dug shit since then and I rather we were rid of him.

Balogun is by far and away our best CB but he’ll be going come the end of the season.

The manager has an almost impossible job during the summer.

When we have Raskin, bud.
Raskin is another player we were excited to see at the start, but out with a good goal against Hibs I would struggle to think of anything else positive. He will be another player that passes through and in a few years, nobody will even remember him.

We're now at 5 collapses out of six with these two as the leaders. 3 out of 3 with their pal Lunny giving them haunners.

Any serious club would've spotted this and addressed it. We simply pretend it's the other 7 outfield players to blame and work around it.
Couldn't put it better myself.

Goldson with the ball gives me the fear. We should have let him go to the lower English leagues, but instead we give him an improved contract.
He was unveiled like a “major signing” after his last contract ended….I’ve always believed no one down south made offers for him so for him it was a no brainer to sign new deal.

100% agree, this continual regurgitating of our defence season after season can't continue, clear out required now.

Agreed, cost us badly today.

We weren't amazing going forward but could probably have grinded out a win if the defence could have just done their job and managed not to be carved wide open twice in a few minutes at the start of the second half.

While we still have the safe old guard at the back we're always going to run the risk of leaking goals against even the most mediocre teams and snatching defeats from the jaws of victory.

Can’t wait to see the back of a few of our senior players. It’s like Groundhog Day with certain players when it comes to crunch end of season. Just fed up with it now.

He was unveiled like a “major signing” after his last contract ended….I’ve always believed no one down south made offers for him so for him it was a no brainer to sign new deal.
Just another scenario where the board failed to read the room as no fans were exactly desperate for him to sign.

Ronson.

Dowell - jobber
Cantwel-jobber
Lundstram- jobber
Dessers - jobber
Barisic - coward
He won't get rid of Tav and co but they should have been gone years ago.and the result of that will be not winning the league again,I am pissed off watching Goldson blaming Tav for his constant mistakes passing and failure to defend properly and by

Tav is only interested in his numbers now he is mostly posted missing at the back as he has been up front and can never make it back. 1st minute back post county nearly scored it's sima as the right back who saves us. I could be wrong but I think county's goals all come from tavs side . Goldson best days are behind him also. The less I say about lundstram probably the better.

Ronson.

Dowell - jobby
Cantwel-jobby
Lundstram- slow jobby
Dessers - jobby jobby jobby
Barisic - cow
Sorted above for you.

Add in Tavernier who constantly gave the ball away, Sima whose only threat is through the middle, needs 3 touches to control the ball. and Silva the Portugues Wright.

Sick of watching the ponderous indecision of the old guard. Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Lundstram need moved on as a start. I can't remember the last time the midfield dominated a game. Least said about our options up front the better.

We've been mismanaged on and off the park since 55.

Sorted above for you.

Add in Tavernier who constantly gave the ball away, Sima whose only threat is through the middle, needs 3 touches to control the ball. and Silva the Portugues Wright.
At least wright didn’t cost 32m and has pace…:p

It's been staring us in the face for the past couple of years. We won't ever win the league with Goldson, Tav at the heart of our defence.

So many posters make apologies for these two who have failed season after season.

The manager needs to be brave a drop them or he will be out a job.

Bunch of jobbers that can’t cope with pressure or the expectations required when wearing that jersey.

It’s no coincidence that the season their bottle didn’t crash there was no one in the stadium.

What annoys me about Tav/Goldson is the lack of understanding between them. They've played together since 2018. 6 years, and it doesn't look like they can read each other any better than they did when they first met.
Both have diminished in pace over the last two years, when a hard working journeyman like Simon Murray can't be handled we have got to make changes.

New players look to leaders to set standards. Look at the titans we've had in that dressing room over the decades.

Tavernier and Goldson are losers. They've won three trophies with us out of how many? When your leaders are delighted with one trophy every couple of years, that goes right through the squad. The standards are absolutely gone.

Get rid of them both this summer. I'm sick of us wanking ourselves daft over Tav's goals when half the time he's just cancelling out goals he's shipped at the other end. Goldson is finished.

Back