It’s the end of the road for Tav, Goldson and several others

I'm sick of the fucking sight of Tavenier, I really am. I'm grateful for his service and he's always given his all but he's not up to the job and certainly not as good as he thinks he is. Epitomises how far the standard of football in Scotland has fallen that he has been captain of this famous club.
Barring the years of our rebuild, who was the last Rangers captain that wasn't a full International ? I don't means guys who got it for a game or two whilst someone was injured, but the guy who was normally captain.
It must be decades ago.

My point to this is that full Internationals tend to get better just by playing in that environment, because they have to. Throw in experience gained in tournaments and you get a bit mentally tougher, more resilient, not always, but with players who are already leaders it brings them on a bit.

You could have bumped this thread from any of the previous five years (with the exception of 20/21).

Until whoever is managing us shows some back bone and gets rid of the serial losers from this squad, we’ll continue to see the same pattern repeating.
And let's be real here. Our leaders then were Davis and McGregor, not the Chuckle Brothers.

Unfortunately there are probably about 30000 reasons a week why goldson wont be dropped

I have a bit of sympathy for them as they're the only ones who seem to be able to keep themselves available 99% of the time. That means in turn they play too often, have more opportunities to make mistakes and we suffer as a result. I want to blame them for it, but I think the recruitment that's brought about 30 new signings in since 55 and haven't upgraded in most positions is the bigger issue.

Tav, Goldson, Lundstram, Lawrence, Dessers. Roofe - That's £8.5m on wages for those six alone.

Goldson + Tav are unlikely to leave given no team is picking up their contracts.

Dessers will be sold. And then we’re still left with the likes of Davies, Lawrence, Dowell, Matondo, Wright… players we will struggle to move on.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we sell Butland + Yilmaz to try and raise funds.

The squad is a worrying mess.

How can a team be ahead and in control of the fixture and then lose its structure and shape like that 2H ? How ?
At no point were we in control of that fixture. Ross County were extremely unfortunate not to be at least level at half time. They thoroughly deserved their victory against a bunch of overpaid cowards that thought they were playing a training match.

Get f()cking rid of the ‘leadership’ group would be a great start. Keep them and Clement will be sacked next season.

Last edited:
Tav , mcglaughlin, borna, lundstrom, goldson, wright, Davies, roofe, dessers, lammers, matondo, jack, i would like them all to leave but unfortunately there’s very little value in many so trying to replace them will be difficult with little money. Butland will be sold to help fund some but we’ve allready committed to 4.5m for diomande so loans might be only way .

No one wanted Goldson for free so no one will pay and match the wages. I’m sick of this he’s a leader chat. Maybe that’s the problem. A leader that makes mistakes and fails so what tone does that set

While not completely degending him as he has faults, but Tav has pulled us through in many games, but if we want to play him as an attacking full back, we need players who aren't completely brain dead like Goldson at the back.

No other top team Europe has a right back like James Tavernier, go figure. We need a wide right forward that chips in with 20 goals a season and we need a solid right back that doesn't lose stupid goals at the back. It's not f^*king rocket science.

I reckon if season tickets weren’t scarce people wouldn’t renew.

it sickens me knowing we will have the same older losers playing for us next year and or until they retire.

Tav I would keep, we play him as an attacking player, so that means we can't have dross at the back like Goldson. Borna even getting a game is a criminal decision and that rests on the manager.
If today and last week are the types of performances that Tavernier, our captain, is putting in when we are going for a title then he is absolutely not worth keeping.

They have went as far as they can in a Rangers jersey.
We cannot start next season with Tav and Goldson leading us out the tunnel even drop them too the bench until an agreement can be found.
It’s time to move on this loser mentality once and for all and back Clement to get hungry creative players that can win us trophies.
Honestly won’t be sad to see the back of them all.
I hope Clement and Koppen can wave a magic wand with transfers next season as we’ll need a rebuild with no UCL money.

No other top team Europe has a right back like James Tavernier, go figure. We need a wide right forward that chips in with 20 goals a season and we need a solid right back that doesn't lose stupid goals at the back. It's not f^*king rocket science.
Well, we are in Scotland, so we aren't a top European team. But I do agree and I would rather have a solid right back, with a good right forward.

if these players had any sense they would have jumped ship and earned a few quid elsewhere after Seville, But they never got the offers! They know we are their big pay cheque

That 4 year contract for Goldson was disapponting at the time, now it's downright infuriating.

No one is going to want him or Tavernier so they need to be demoted to squad players next season and Clement needs to find players to lead in that dressing room.

Whether Goldson is still here next season or not shouldn’t be that big a problem if we simply bring in a new centre back to effectively take his place in the starting line up, but Tav is a bigger issue, IMO.

He’s the club captain, someone Clement evidently saw fit to retain in that role, and he supplies so many crucial goals for us that won’t be easily replaced.

Defensively though he’s always been a bit of a nightmare, but is replacing him as our first choice right back and captain going to be a priority for Clement with what is likely to be another modest transfer budget?

It certainly feels like he’s past his best now and those enduring questions about his perceived lack of bottle and leadership don’t look like they’ll go away, but unless there’s a bid from elsewhere that both he and the club are open to, there is a very real chance he’ll still be here next season and still wearing the armband.

Personally I think that would be a mistake.

We should be having a major clear out in the summer
Today’s starting back 4 should be on the list- every one of them has regressed as defenders

Tav is often given a pass for his assists and goals but first and foremost he is a defender that many clubs target down the right side because he is vulnerable and has lost his pace.plus he isn’t vocal enough as a captain on the park

Goldson has become a liability with defensive positioning and errors in almost every game

Souttar gets dragged out of position far too often which leaves us exposed

Barasic is done at Rangers he is a shadow of the player we had 2 seasons ago

That 4 year contract for Goldson was disapponting at the time, now it's downright infuriating.

No one is going to want him or Tavernier so they need to be demoted to squad players next season and Clement needs to find players to lead in that dressing room.
Presumably Davies will get moved on at the end of season and Balogan not retained. With two CBs coming in he could be well down the pecking order.

Then he can used as cover next season and then shipped out before the final year of his contract.

Presumably Davies will get moved on at the end of season and Balogan not retained. With two CBs coming in he could be well down the pecking order.

Then he can used as cover next season and then shipped out before the final year of his contract.
That's what's needed,mate.
At least two CBs.

Same as last summer then. And the summer before.

It's getting really draining now having to renew knowing we're going to be watching the same losers doing the same loser things.
100%.
Tav will score a cracking free kick v Dundee and the folk that understand football on here will get hammered again for not backing him.
Serial loser.
Get them to %^*&.

Tavernier - get rid
Goldson - get rid
Barisic - get rid
Jack - get rid
Lundstram - get rid
Roofe - get rid
Dessers - get rid
Wright - get rid.

If we are serious about changing the mentality of this squad, that is your list of serial losers that have run out of chances and need to be shown the door.

The problem is being able to replace that sheer volume of players with quality additions. Those losers blowing the club's chances of a guarateed £40m income in the summer is sadly what is actually going to keep some of them on the massive weekly wage they're now effectively stealing from us.

Everyone is now done with this squad in general. They gave us 1 good season and even then they managed to make an arse of things (both cup games).

Then there was the European run which was our greatest chance in our clubs history to win another European trophy, bottled it (thanks Goldson).

As a team, they give us a some good moments throughout a season over the years, however when it comes down to it, they always win sweet FA as they’re so mentally weak. They will live the rest of their lives knowing they never amounted to anything in their career, and will be known as failures at our club.

Big 2nd window coming up for Clement. Thats when/hopefully he can really put a stamp for it to be his own team.

We do need to try and sell a couple of players.

Hopefully Clement has already line up protentional players for the summer

Back