Official James Bisgrove to be appointed as CEO, Stewart Robertson to depart

Delighted Robertson is gone. Great fan pressure has helped enforce change at the club.

Not the biggest fan of Bisgrove - the Sydney debacle and his passionate defence of it shows to me he doesn’t really get what being a Ranger is. I am hoping the reaction to that smartened him up and now he does get it. As another bear said, it’s his job to understand it now.

Fresh ideas and fresh impetus hopefully - the quarterly meeting is a great start. Wish him every success in the role!

Robertson just had to go, he helped moved the club forward but he wasn’t strong enough, a very nice guy but I want a demon in charge who will not bow down to our enemies.

There is no doubt that JB performed very well in his role as Marketing Director.What bothers me is what does he actually know about football?

I wish him well in his new role.

I am not comparing the retail sales, just the actual commercial contract for being the kit supplier. Castore deal was reported £20 million over 5 years. Their deal with Adidas was reported £30 million over 5 years. Both deals were signed in 2020 and we included the retail distribution as part of the agreement so we have sold away more for less.
We were also an absolute basket case at that time due to the SD/Elite situation. Adidas or Nike weren’t exactly falling over themselves to sign a deal with a club that were literally hawking shirts out of a container round the back of the Louden. Bisgrove and the Castore deal have normalised Rangers retail operations and put us in a far better position

Especially when it’s the big change/s that we all wanted and have been vocal about.

We’ve got what we asked for. Let’s just see how it goes next and we can have an opinion, good or bad then.

The important thing is the upper management has been freshened up. Let’s be positive because we became very stale upstairs.
Defo bud

New era new ideas new men in charge

I hope bisgrove has a spine and doesn’t sit on the sidelines letting Celtic run Scottish football for their benifit

Call the fuckers out

We need to hate them more

There is no doubt that JB performed very well in his role as Marketing Director.What bothers me is what does he actually know about football?

I wish him well in his new role.
He’s running the business he will hold the football department accountable I’m sure

He isn’t taking training

The fact he even brought it to the table is a concern. Of he doesn't know the feelings of the fans about that then he will benout of his depth as CEO
It’s his job to bring it to the table. He can’t turn down a potential 3/4 million pound opportunity on his own without bringing it to his bosses. It’s then up to them to either accept the proposal or turn it down

It’s his job to bring it to the table. He can’t turn down a potential 3/4 million pound opportunity on his own without bringing it to his bosses. It’s then up to them to either accept the proposal or turn it down
Nonsense.if Castore suggested we'd make £5m from green and white hooped away tops would you honest expect him to take that to the board?

Nonsense.if Castore suggested we'd make £5m from green and white hooped away tops would you honest expect him to take that to the board?
Nonsense? So a promoter comes to the table with a proposal for Rangers to take part in a tournament and earn up to £4 million and you expect the commercial director to turn that down without even raising it with his bosses?

Delighted Robertson is gone. Great fan pressure has helped enforce change at the club.

Not the biggest fan of Bisgrove - the Sydney debacle and his passionate defence of it shows to me he doesn’t really get what being a Ranger is. I am hoping the reaction to that smartened him up and now he does get it. As another bear said, it’s his job to understand it now.

Fresh ideas and fresh impetus hopefully - the quarterly meeting is a great start. Wish him every success in the role!

Robertson just had to go, he helped moved the club forward but he wasn’t strong enough, a very nice guy but I want a demon in charge who will not bow down to our enemies.
I agree with this in theory but a point was made on H&H that was interesting;

Bisgrove was the commercial guy, so it’s his job to maximise profitability. If he proposed such a stupid idea to the board, it was then on them to look at it and go “absolutely not, the fans would not find that palatable”

And yet, they didn’t. They only went & fücking approved it :))

I remain sceptical that Bisgrove has the skill set for this role, but time will tell.

Bisgrove was the commercial guy, so it’s his job to maximise profitability. If he proposed such a stupid idea to the board, it was then on them to look at it and go “absolutely not, the fans would not find that palatable”

I remain sceptical that Bisgrove has the skill set for this role, but time will tell.
Have said much the same myself.

Bisgrove in a commercial capacity had a duty to maximise revenues for the club. People like that will throw out every idea they can think of and it's up to those above them to qualify and accept/reject.

The challenge for Bisgrove will be qualifying those ideas from others, himself.

Park has stepped down. Wilson gone and Robertson departing. It’s what most of us wanted and the movement has happened.

Good luck to Bisgrove in his new role. And let’s get going next season with some kind of unity, we need it.

I would like to think such a stupid idea wouldn’t be proposed in the first place. But it was AND approved. It was more his passionate defence of it that’s more concerning.

But as I say, hopefully that has smartened him up and he realises that under no circumstances should we be jumping into bed with Paedo FC.

Have said much the same myself.

Bisgrove in a commercial capacity had a duty to maximise revenues for the club. People like that will throw out every idea they can think of and it's up to those above them to qualify and accept/reject.

The challenge for Bisgrove will be qualifying those ideas from others, himself.
His commercial idea actually ended up potentially costing us money though if we have to pay anything to get out of it. His real passionate defence of his idea as well draws concern.

Agree with your final point - he is now the approver rather than the inputter - big difference and hopefully he smashes the challenge.

I would like to think such a stupid idea wouldn’t be proposed in the first place. But it was AND approved. It was more his passionate defence of it that’s more concerning.

But as I say, hopefully that has smartened him up and he realises that under no circumstances should we be jumping into bed with Paedo FC.
I’m fully in agreement with you here mate.

As I said, I am sceptical about his suitability to the role.

We’ve seen an overhaul at the top of the club, let’s see the same in the playing squad now :))

His commercial idea actually ended up potentially costing us money though if we have to pay anything to get out of it. His real passionate defence of his idea as well draws concern.

Agree with your final point - he is now the approver rather than the inputter - big difference and hopefully he smashes the challenge.
It’s not James Bisgrove’s idea though. The club get approached about things like that by promoters.

Only James Blair to be pushed now. Come on John Bennet you know you want too.
Don’t forget Andrew Dickson too, don’t forget him.

Push him and Blair out the door and we will literally be diddy free on that board and executive level.

Then it will truly be happy days.

Nonsense? So a promoter comes to the table with a proposal for Rangers to take part in a tournament and earn up to £4 million and you expect the commercial director to turn that down without even raising it with his bosses?

By the sounds of things, we were approached to take part way before it was apparent celtic were going to have success under postecoglu as well. Dave King was still involved with the board at the time IIRC, so likely was mooted even before the aussie had taken over at Celtic.

Anybody who thinks it was his “ commercial idea” is being daft. The club was approached, JB presented it to the Board. The Board approved it.

By the sounds of things, we were approached to take part way before it was apparent celtic were going to have success under postecoglu as well. Dave King was still involved with the board at the time IIRC, so likely was mooted even before the aussie had taken over at Celtic.
Devil's Advocate here. Let's say the proposal had been £3m to take part in a tournament in the USA involving us, the Dhims and a US team. Maybe in Miami or Los Angeles for example. No 'Ange Homecoming' nonsense, just football. Would Bisgrove still have been wrong?

I tend to agree on your point about the Aussie thing having been discussed when the expectation was that we would remain top dogs.

What's the general opinion of Bisgrove?
His performance in our commercial department certainly seems impressive enough, with us reaching record commercial revenue so he certainly seems competent.

Obviate misstep with the Australian debacle but everyone makes mistakes, I’m certainly not going to torch him for it forever like some seem to want to do.

Our off field performance will determine his future as always so good luck to him.

I am an old guy who has been supporting Rangers since the 1950’s. Some great experiences and memories along with heartbreaks and big disappointments. One disappointment that has surfaced, particularly in recent years, is the increasing number of followers of our club who seem to go out of their way to find fault with nearly every decision taken on behalf of our club.
Mainly the fault of social media. Anyone can shout loudly from behind a keyboard while being anonymous. Makes small people feel important.

A good appointment imho

my worry is who gets Bisgrove’s job
Since his appointment our commercial activities have seen tremendous gains. I’d imagine he will ensure that the progress made continues. Did Stewart Robertson appoint him or did someone else bring him on board?

The midget, specky and Douglas Park have all departed or announced their departure within a few weeks of each other.

That’s a very strange coincidence. Not for one minute going down the puddle drinker conspiracy tinfoil hat route but is there something in the background? New owners on the horizon maybe?

Lawwell is back at the Dhims now, though not as CEO. Hasn’t uttered a word. Their ‘new’ CEO, appointed in Dec 21 has said nothing of note either. Most on here probably don’t even know his name.

I‘d say it’s highly unlikely that we will ever have the raging, pit bull type of CEO some on here want, ranting and raving in the media every day. King had a go at it and found himself, generally, the subject of ridicule.
More behind the scenes dirty nasty bastard

Delighted that spineless git is leaving, And think that Bisgrove will surprise a few, hes done a tremendous job at the club and i think he will do an outstanding job.
Does that job include going after Doncaster, MacLennan, Allan, Mulraney and every other rhat that is dancing to the Paedophile enablers' tune?

That's the war that needs to be won. That's the wall that needs smashed to bits. It's a huge task especially with no friends anywhere.

Does that job include going after Doncaster, MacLennan, Allan, Mulraney and every other rhat that is dancing to the Paedophile enablers' tune?

That's the war that needs to be won. That's the wall that needs smashed to bits. It's a huge task especially with no friends anywhere.
It cannot be done without support from other clubs but FF doesn’t like bridge building……

He’ll know plenty about football, but his role isn’t to be an expert.

He’s running a business.

He needs good people skills, communication, judgement and business acumen.

My worry is his judgement. It’s a very different role than previous. No longer can he be allowed to make reckless choices based on solely commercial growth.

Interesting to see if he can pivot.

He’s Bennett’s golden boy, so he’ll have the backing.

He was an good administrator, what we needed and need even now, is a war time consigliere. Pick our battles and take them on and win.

Stewart no doubt tried his best but was like a rabbit in headlights in front of the camera / audience and perhaps the job was slightly too big but he lasted a while. A nice chap but maybe we needed more than that?

The club has moved forward in many ways during his stint but still have a quite horrible relationship with the media and governing bodies who still treat us shamefully and this needs addressing.

Anybody who thinks it was his “ commercial idea” is being daft. The club was approached, JB presented it to the Board. The Board approved it.
I don’t literally mean he conjured it up lol he’s allowed to be criticised mate his passionate defence of it was embarrassing

Under no circumstances, ever, are we to be the Paedos little play thing.

Robertson was utterly and completely hopeless but hopefully this isn’t Martin Bain II that we have appointed.

It’ll be interesting who Bisgrove appoints as his successor for his position but he will be no David Holmes’s as a CEO or MD that’s for sure.

That is my diplomatic take on things.

Has Bisgrove got enough experience in agreeing player contracts? With no DOF, I’m assuming it will be down to our CEO to agreeing contract but with so many players being bought and sold this summer he will need help and soon as possible.

If rangers the business is successful then it massively increases the chance or rangers the football team to be successful.

Bisgrove seems a good businessman and has turned our retail operation around massively. Give him a chance and if he brings that same level of success into the wider business then it will move the club forward

He’ll know plenty about football, but his role isn’t to be an expert.

He’s running a business.

He needs good people skills, communication, judgement and business acumen.

My worry is his judgement. It’s a very different role than previous. No longer can he be allowed to make reckless choices based on solely commercial growth.

Interesting to see if he can pivot.

He’s Bennett’s golden boy, so he’ll have the backing.
Think the title change is important. CEO title would imply he is running the executive function, the part that operates the day to day business. That would mean any replacement for Ross Wilson would report through him.

That is a significant change.

Hope we stick with the Wilson type role. Beale should not be conducting transfer business. We need proper scouting and planning for recruitment. We never want to be in the Pedro place ever again.

This is optimistic time but we need to wait and see detail before getting too excited.

Back