Official James Bisgrove to be appointed as CEO, Stewart Robertson to depart

To sum the thread up much like every other effin thread in FF history

This is a great move

This is a shite move

This is a step in the right direction

Not sure we are doing the right thing here

I’m worried about who replaces Bisgrove etc (how do you people get through a day with collapsing in a panicked heap)

ETC ETC

I will add that if you couldn’t see some of the executive who have now moved on or are about to move on had reached their ceiling at Rangers then there is nothing else to say.

So the fans protest against Wilson and Robertson and within a few months, Wilson moves on and Robertson announces he's leaving.

Yet, it's nothing to do with protests?
I can guarantee that the Robertson news is 100% not driven by any protests, and pretty confident the Wilson departure was driven by a salary increase first and foremost

Solid info on point one btw

Wouldn’t be a normal day on FF if there wasn’t a huge moan about something most of us know absolutely bugger all about!

Good luck to Bisgrove, it’s a new team at the top with him and Bennet running the show and Beale in charge of everything to do with football like an old school manager.

As always, they will be judged on progress and results.
You know that Beale being in charge of everything to do football wise wasn't part of some master plan and came about by default?

So I take it those not in favour would rather employ someone who's already in or had a role as CEO elsewhere rather than someone with a bit of drive (already displayed in his current role) and who's career is in an upwards trajectory and is ready for a bigger role with more responsibility.
I note there's going to be quarterly fan engagement sessions in Edmiston House.
Bennett and Bisgrove are confident communicators so that's already a step up from those they replaced.

Something to be said about promoting from within when someone has performed well. Happens in every business. I've no doubt he will have learned from his time with us and add his own spin on things. He's shown in the past a willingness to engage. Historically it's not been a popular role to be in but good luck to him.

I can guarantee that the Robertson news is 100% not driven by any protests, and pretty confident the Wilson departure was driven by a salary increase first and foremost

Solid info on point one btw
Fair enough, sounds like you have some inside info. I'm not privy to such information, merely looking at it and calling it as it looks which you could be forgiven for assuming the departures - on paper - are due to fan pressure.

Not really true either. They served a purpose but stayed around too long to see failings amplified.

Not fit for purpose in the long run, extremely fit for purpose at one point.

Not as black and white as you make out
Both were proven imposters imo which is why we find ourselves miles behind our bitterest rivals on the field and off. No offense but I think that's as black and white as it gets.

Boardroom similar to the playing squad has been screaming out for a major overhaul.

Park, Wilson and now Robertson moving on I can only see as a positive move, they have hit the ceiling.

Bisgrove seems to have his shit about him so will be interesting to see what he brings to the role.

Delighted to see the back of Robertson

Excellent news and completes a positive few weeks off the pitch. Change was needed, we’ve become stale on and off the pitch.

Bisgrove is a driven, ambitious young (relatively speaking) man. It’s a very tough job he’s taken on, no doubt about it but I wish him well. Will be interesting to see what changes he has in store.

Fair enough, sounds like you have some inside info. I'm not privy to such information, merely looking at it and calling it as it looks which you could be forgiven for assuming the departures - on paper - are due to fan pressure.
The reality is not (due to the noise from BF1) but understand where you’re coming from

I’m actually quite excited about moving forward into next season and feel we are entering into a bit of a new era with big board changes and the core Gerrards team starting to break up and lots of players on their way out.

Robertson and Wilson gone, many have wanted that for a while.
Out of contract or underperforming players gone, for example Mcgregor, Morelos, Helander, Kamara and all the rest, with new players being brought in to replace them.

Hopefully a really good pre-season getting us back to the sorts of fitness we had before, and getting players in early which Beale has alluded to. Let’s just get this semi-final won, get the cup won and move onto next season with lots of freshness, both at a board level and a playing staff level.

Good luck to Bisgrove in his new role making that happen.
Great post SheildhallBear! Totally agree!

Good luck, James. The shiftless working classes are right behind you.

Oh, just one more thing - what school did you go to? Cheers.

Who gets to make these appointments?
Blind leading the blind.
Just give it to the guy nearest at the time.
It won’t make one bit of difference who they hire Imo.

Who gets to make these appointments?
Blind leading the blind.
Just give it to the guy nearest at the time.
It won’t make one bit of difference who they hire Imo.
7fa61107558dd0e58de01790bdd145f6.jpg

To sum the thread up much like every other effin thread in FF history

This is a great move

This is a shite move

This is a step in the right direction

Not sure we are doing the right thing here

I’m worried about who replaces Bisgrove etc (how do you people get through a day with collapsing in a panicked heap)

ETC ETC
)
You understand that there are lots of posters on here and they don't all have the exact same view. You understand that, right? Right?

You know that Beale being in charge of everything to do football wise wasn't part of some master plan and came about by default?
I didn’t say it was, but that is now what is happening and won’t necessarily revert back to what we had previously with another director of football.

I wanted a Lawwell type a Nast dirty tricks all conquering pit bull of a CEO we have Martian Bain with a Barnet!!

Remember this lad talked our board into a Ange homecoming friendly on foreign soil for some dosh so expect us to get hit in the wallet soon again
Bisgrove was doing exactly what he was paid to do with the Australia friendly thing.

The only thing that matters to me is that we are lifting trophies at the end of every season going forward!

Do our talking on the pitch!
To do that we need as a club to get things right off the pitch, everything we do right breeds success. Keep it continuous and it will give us long term profitability off and on pitch and reinvest in better players and stadia facilities

I didn’t say it was, but that is now what is happening and won’t necessarily revert back to what we had previously with another director of football.
Short term probably not, longer term during or after summer someone will come in to oversee transfers / contracts etc...imo

Both were proven imposters imo which is why we find ourselves miles behind our bitterest rivals on the field and off. No offense but I think that's as black and white as it gets.

Stewart Robertson fell into the job really, when the club was an absolute mess after being ravaged by the vultures. Turnover of 17m to nearly 90m and during that time the club won the league undefeated, made huge strides in Europe culminating in a return to the CL and leaves the club in a sustainable position going forward.

Sure he will have made mistakes along the way and his manner may not have been combatative enough for some supporters. However the club doesnt go from the shit show it was in 2015 when he came into the club to where it is now if the MD is an imposter.

He played his part and now it's somebody else's turn to try elevate us again.

Imo, quids in getting money for Ross Wilson and Robertson had done his stint.
Bennett will be far better than Park.
Very positive going forward, we now need to look at the close season and players.

I wanted a Lawwell type a Nast dirty tricks all conquering pit bull of a CEO we have Martian Bain with a Barnet!!

Remember this lad talked our board into a Ange homecoming friendly on foreign soil for some dosh so expect us to get hit in the wallet soon again
Lawwell is back at the Dhims now, though not as CEO. Hasn’t uttered a word. Their ‘new’ CEO, appointed in Dec 21 has said nothing of note either. Most on here probably don’t even know his name.

I‘d say it’s highly unlikely that we will ever have the raging, pit bull type of CEO some on here want, ranting and raving in the media every day. King had a go at it and found himself, generally, the subject of ridicule.

To do that we need as a club to get things right off the pitch, everything we do right breeds success. Keep it continuous and it will give us long term profitability off and on pitch and reinvest in better players and stadia facilities
Exactly mate, let’s hope it starts from this summer and next season onwards and upwards.

Regular Champions League will be a massive help too and winning the league next season will be massive with the new league table format UCL from season 24/25 8 games so an extra home game than current group stage format and if we finish 9-24 (I think) we’d enter a playoff for the last 16 and would be same for Europa League which we’d be more competitive in as proved by getting to final in Seville.

Oh no! An approachable CEO who’s done an amazing job everywhere he’s been and has spent 4 years getting to know the club whilst increasing commercial revenue by about 400%.

What a shambles!
Sorry but I just can't help hearing David Brent's voice reading that out !

I wonder if the likes of Robertson/ Bisgrove are on long term contracts .
Or say a 3 month notice.
Always wondered .
Quite possible. I’d have thought the end of our financial year (30 Jun) would have been the date otherwise.

I do note, whether you choose to believe it or not, that the media release says Robertson chose to go ‘to explore new opportunities’. Maybe he‘d had enough of the stick and it was he who chose to give his 3 months notice?

Either way, it seems amicable or he’d have been gone immediately, with compo if necessary.

Quite possible. I’d have thought the end of our financial year (30 Jun) would have been the date otherwise.

I do note, whether you choose to believe it or not, that the media release says Robertson chose to go ‘to explore new opportunities’. Maybe he‘d had enough of the stick and it was he who chose to give his 3 months notice?

Either way, it seems amicable or he’d have been gone immediately, with compo if necessary.
I would think he is financially stable.
How old is he?

I am an old guy who has been supporting Rangers since the 1950’s. Some great experiences and memories along with heartbreaks and big disappointments. One disappointment that has surfaced, particularly in recent years, is the increasing number of followers of our club who seem to go out of their way to find fault with nearly every decision taken on behalf of our club.
Especially when it’s the big change/s that we all wanted and have been vocal about.

We’ve got what we asked for. Let’s just see how it goes next and we can have an opinion, good or bad then.

The important thing is the upper management has been freshened up. Let’s be positive because we became very stale upstairs.

I’ll hold my peace on this one for the time being. Let’s see if he has the balls for a battle for one thing. Something desperately missing from the role recently.

Back