Official Jimmy Bell has passed away

Heartbreaking news, he really was the epitome of Rangers. The changes he must have seen in his time at the club must have been truly mind boggling but he was always there to remind everyone what the club means to so many people.

Last edited:
There will be many better stories of him than mine but it shows the measure of the man.

Pre season in Denmark in 94 there were very few Rangers fans there, half a dozen of us were sitting outside a bar and it was absolutely scorching, none of us had shorts as we didn't expect the weather. Jimmy walks past and stops and chats then says wait here I'll be back. 10 minutes later he comes back with Rangers shorts for each of us. One of our own, RIP Jimmy

People looking to have a wee go at ally because he hasn't posted anything yet
Maybee just maybee ally is distraught .
Hees knew jimmy since prob before he joined the staff at rangers,as he was scotlands coach driver from 1983-1986..
Ally lost a father figure in walter only a few mnth ago.. so this would have hit him like a brick
He will pay his own tribute. He doesn't need to do it because fans demand it

Hees knew jimmy since prob before he joined the staff at rangers,as he was scotlands coach driver from 1983-1986..
Ally lost a father figure in walter only a few mnth ago.. so this would have hit him like a brick

This.

Maybe, just maybe, Ally and others are more concerned with messages to his family than finding the words to do a public tribute right now.

We lost a legend today. Jimmy was with us at a time when we were a top club attracting world class players, he was of that standard.

Every player on Thursday should have it in their minds that a legend gave his final days to prepare them.
As if Ibrox wasn't going to be emotional enough that hit me! So sad but what a beautiful way to put it.

I’m sure he is, no doubt he will be.

I was replying after someone said he had, by saying he hadn’t, or if he had, it has been deleted. To be honest, I don’t expect him to. He never posted on IG about Walter.

Still in shock hours after the news. It’s weird. I’ve never met the man yet I feel like I know him like an unkle.

He was one of us who lived the absolute dream and every single one of us would swap our current jobs to do his.

Not only hard working but always drumming it into new players of what it means to play for us and the standards excepted of being a Ranger.

The team simply have to use this horrible news as even more motivation to get us to our 5th European final. Do it for Jimmy boys.

In a strange way, I will look forward to allys tribute. It'll be sincere, it'll be well thought and I don't doubt we will all hear a story of who he was that we've never heard before. He's just lost another long standing close friend

Well said.

The modern insistence that public figures have to display their grief for all to see doesn’t sit well with me. People should be allowed to deal with loss in their own way.

Ally will be devastated by this. There will have been many years of his life in which he likely spent more time with Walter and Jimmy than even his own family. To lose both in a matter of months is a cruel, cruel thing.

The hall of fame thread has got me thinking. With Walter, Jimmy, and even tiny, all now sadly gone do we have any any long term staff at the club who have been there with us through the good times and the bad that have achieved such an affinity with the support?

This thread has been a tough old read, but it has made me pretty proud of my fellow bears with heartfelt non kid on feelings through the keyboards, and the ex and present players to a man adored the guy, rest easy Jimmy you left having no clue of the impact you had on everyone.

R.I.P. Jimmy Bell

First started doing part time work in and around Ibrox in 1978 as a mechanic and bus driver for Parks of Hamilton, became a permanent member of staff taking up the role of kit man in 1988.

18 Scottish Championships, 3 Lower League Championships, 10 Scottish Cups, 17 Scottish League Cups, a Scottish Challenge Cup and was there when Rangers got to the UEFA Cup Final in Manchester.

Worked under 12/17 of the clubs Permanent Mangers and 8 Interim Managers.

Club Legend.

People have weird reactions to grief. Calling someone out because they haven't posted on social media...ffs

Some people prefer to handle grief in different ways there's no one way I'm sure Ally is distraught at the news as you say.

Who actually had a go at Ally? All I see is people replying to someone who said he had posted earlier today.

Shocked and very saddened. Thought he'd be there forever like wee doddie was before him but it wasn't to be. Deepest condolences to the family and friends.

Devastating news for Jimmy’s family and loved ones and for the entire Rangers family.

He served the club he loved. Rest easy, JB.

For all of you worried about Super, he went up to the Isle of Lewis on a fishing trip after Sundays game; unsure if he is still there.

I’m sure he will have heard the news but knowing where he will likely be there’s zero phone signal for posting on Instagram.

When he speaks it will be classy, and bang on the money as always.

People outside of Rangers won't get it, how much we loved this man, how much it hurts us all with his premature passing.
But this is the Rangers family and we all feel this..
We don't need to proclaim ourselves as 'a club like no other' because we just are, we know it, it's in our DNA, our blood, as soon as you are born into this club you become part of it. We live and breathe it EVERY DAY.
You feel it when the tea lady retires, the concierge, the tour guides change, you feel it when they pass, we are a support of many creeds, colours and differing opinions but one thing unites us to the core... The Famous Glasgow Rangers!
Jimmy Bell is a legend, he was dear to us and from the boardroom down, through every era he graced the club, he was loved and revered. Players, confided in him and went to him for advice, he schooled them on our history, our traditions, what it takes and what it means to be a Ranger. He was priceless in that respect.
The measure of the man is how we are all feeling today and tonight, how we will feel tomorrow, and how we will feel on Thursday when we will roar his name and hopefully drive our team to a glory he deserved to be part of... But God had other plans...
Let us give Jimmy an atmosphere on Thursday night that would have had him regaling future players for years to come, but let's make that atmosphere something that will drive our players to a glory that will be a fitting tribute to a man, a true gentleman, a Rangers legend, our kitman Jimmy Bell, who was taken from us all far too soon.
God Bless You Jimmy ❤️⚪

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said.

A wonderful man who will be a monumental miss. Ibrox and auchenhowie will never know his likes again.

RIP Jimmy Bell

It's quite clear the love, the affection and the respect that everyone who came to Rangers had for Jimmy.

That love, affection and respect was returned by him to them.

Hopefully his family can take some comfort by the posts on here, some sad some humorous, and the genuine warmth of feeling from the current and ex-players who have offered their memories and condolences

We, The Rangers family have lost a special one from our ranks.

His family have a huge hole left by the passing of a special man who will live long in the memory.

Back