Official Jimmy Bell has passed away

Sorry if it's been mentioned or if its still unknown but was it this morning he died?

Must've been devastating for the players turning up to training and he's not there.

Sorry if it's been mentioned or if its still unknown but was it this morning he died?

Must've been devastating for the players turning up to training and he's not there.

Barry Ferguson said in his comments that he was called at 5am this morning about it.

Super’s post.
That last line has set me off again :(

As sad as it has been hearing the news of his death, the incredibly heart warming stories and tributes from his former teammates and friends have really brought a smile to my face. What an absolute legend. Let’s do this on Thursday for him!!!

Was Jimmy's death mentioned in any of the news reports? Only seen the late STV news and not a mention. He was an iconic person in Scottish football.
They are quick to have pish stories of scum loving tramps pulling pints or singing a a fecking Glasgow boozer.

RIP Jimmy.
Reading the tributes today from past and present players has been incredibly emotional.
Such words show the man for who he was, and one that the club should never forget for service given.
A legend that wasn’t on the park.

A question fir the ITK troops,

The portrait of HM the Queen, has this hung up in the Ibrox dressing room before his time? Always had it in my head he was behind that going up.

He made sure every new signing recognised that and our Britishness as a club for sure.

RIP jimmy, might not been a player but where at the heart of the squad

On another note I’m sure he was in the dug out on Sunday or have I imagined that ?

To non Rangers fans it might seem strange that I'm feeling emotional about a kit mans death, especially one I've never met.

When I think of Jimmy Bell, I think of the man on the bench who's been there the whole way through my life. A man we all had something in common with. A man who experienced the same highs and lows of our club as we did. He's seen it all from Broadwood to Barcelona, Moscow to Motherwell and more. The true meaning of being a Ranger. Forget the word title "kitman"... a man like no other.

Go check on Walter for us big man. Rest in peace Jimmy Bell.

For all these Rangers dinner events and sportsmans dinners and nights etc

My ultimate dream was never any player, well miybe the real fergie, Ian that is...

But imagine a night with jimmy bell, the dearest ticket of the lot. Id pay it 10 times over

RIP jimmy, might not been a player but where at the heart of the squad

On another note I’m sure he was in the dug out on Sunday or have I imagined that ?
You are right on both counts, he put the picture of the queen up in 1998 before a Celtic game and he was in the dugout on Sunday.

(the game he put the picture up before was the 5-1 game)

To non Rangers fans it might seem strange that I'm feeling emotional about a kit mans death, especially one I've never met.

When I think of Jimmy Bell, I think of the man on the bench who's been there the whole way through my life. A man we all had something in common with. A man who experienced the same highs and lows of our club as we did. He's seen it all from Broadwood to Barcelona, Moscow to Motherwell and more. The true meaning of being a Ranger. Forget the word title "kitman"... a man like no other.

Go check on Walter for us big man. Rest in peace Jimmy Bell.
Jimmy was the man who let our players know / coached then in what it meant to play for Rangers - thats much much more than "kitman". Been thinking all day about what the correct word is and still not got it - conscience, mentor, father figure, journeyman?

Total body blow of a day - RIP Jimmy.

find me a bear or bearette who didn’t want to be jimmy bell…

a sad sad day for all of us..
my condolences to jimmy’s family…

“few like him an they’re aw deid”

A question fir the ITK troops,

The portrait of HM the Queen, has this hung up in the Ibrox dressing room before his time? Always had it in my head he was behind that going up.

He made sure every new signing recognised that and our Britishness as a club for sure.
Quoted the wrong post earlier - yes it was Jimmy that put the picture up, just before we pumped them 5-1.

Quoted the wrong post earlier - yes it was Jimmy that put the picture up, just before we pumped them 5-1.
Tour guide said to me a few months back that one was Butcher, and the other Souness. Not sure who put what one up.

Reason I asked is because I thought the main one was hung up by Bobby Shearer.

Super’s post.
Oh christ that last line, eye's welling up with that.

My son was playing at the RTC a couple of weeks back and I walked right past Jimmy loading up a van with boxes a few feet from me, looked like he was packing stuff for the hotel as it was day before the Semi against Celtic. I really really wish I asked for a picture with him but didn’t want to bother him when he was busy.

Absolute legend of the club that has been there since I was born.

Thanks mate.

I thought HM the Queen portrait had always been there since always.
Put it up in 1988 I think it was I read yesterday.

That and the one about not washing the captains armband are 2 things I learned yesterday and there the little things like that that will have made him such a figure at the club to all the players and staff

Just thinking.
Was Jimmy the longest employee weve ever had at the club?

Bill Struth joined the club as assistant manager in 1914 and was vice chairman when he died in 1956, so 42 years overall service to Jimmy's 36.

Just imagine how much changed both of them would have seen with their time at the club being involved on a day to day basis.

Also Gazza is due on talksport today to talk about Jimmy, no idea on what time but will be somewhere from now until 1pm.

Bill Struth joined the club as assistant manager in 1914 and was vice chairman when he died in 1956, so 42 years overall service to Jimmy's 36.

Just imagine how much changed both of them would have seen with their time at the club being involved on a day to day basis.

Also Gazza is due on talksport today to talk about Jimmy, no idea on what time but will be somewhere from now until 1pm.

*They've just mentioned it will be around 11am.

my dads uncle Walter Smith :) worked at Ibrox for 59years
waltersswmith.jpg

Back