Jude Bellingham

Some of us watch John Lundstram and Tom Lawrence every week! It’s bloody impressive.

Not a shade on Aribo though.

Don't know you're born you lot sometimes haha blessed to watch them shuffle around every week!

I reckon anyone who's read what I've said about Bellingham thinks I'm a bitter blue but I'm really not. If you want to see bitter you should go on the bluemoon city forum there's a Bellingham thread on there and I dared to give him props for the second leg performance where for the first half, I thought he played with enormous maturity in terms of being part of their defensive shape, and the fucker didn't lose the ball once. Including his role in the goal. He faded after an hour when City got control of the game and resorted to some antics that aren't quite as appealing but in terms of a guy showing potential to be a key player in games of that magnitude, he showed me something. So I gave him his props for that on the forum and the comments back to me were spiteful as %^*& not wanting to give him an iota of credit for his display. Startling meltdown from some bitter city fans I have to say. But I'm not one of them. I'm just honest.

GettyImages-1238711683-scaled.jpg

The Ballon d'Or will go to either Mbappe or Bellingham IMO. Whoever wins the Champions League will get it. France and England are likely to go far in the Euros as well.

Said before, but the thing that stands out and makes young players like this really special is their attitude and professionalism.

This boy has consistently come across as the perfect balance of focused, dedicated, respectful, appreciative and outright talented for a few years now. Not an arrogant bell-end with a big ego, but equally enough bite and confidence in his abundance of ability to do a phenomenal job on the park.

Other players of older years talk about him as a proper dressing room presence and inspiration, so you get the sense he's one of those truly very rare talents who will become an icon for the long-term.

A great role model for young kids looking up to folk in the game.

Don't know you're born you lot sometimes haha blessed to watch them shuffle around every week!

I reckon anyone who's read what I've said about Bellingham thinks I'm a bitter blue but I'm really not. If you want to see bitter you should go on the bluemoon city forum there's a Bellingham thread on there and I dared to give him props for the second leg performance where for the first half, I thought he played with enormous maturity in terms of being part of their defensive shape, and the fucker didn't lose the ball once. Including his role in the goal. He faded after an hour when City got control of the game and resorted to some antics that aren't quite as appealing but in terms of a guy showing potential to be a key player in games of that magnitude, he showed me something. So I gave him his props for that on the forum and the comments back to me were spiteful as %^*& not wanting to give him an iota of credit for his display. Startling meltdown from some bitter city fans I have to say. But I'm not one of them. I'm just honest.
You should read what I ve just posted on that thread lol. I’ll go back in an hour or two to see if I’m banned (again) .. was warned to stop being so abrasive with other posters. If they stopped posting utter shite I’ll stop being abrasive !!

Jude Bellingham is the best young player I’ve seen in my 55 years. I was lucky enough to see Durrant make his debut (we should never forget just how good he was) I’ve see Foden but Bellingham is levels above them

You should read what I ve just posted on that thread lol. I’ll go back in an hour or two to see if I’m banned (again) .. was warned to stop being so abrasive with other posters. If they stopped posting utter shite I’ll stop being abrasive !!

Jude Bellingham is the best young player I’ve seen in my 55 years. I was lucky enough to see Durrant make his debut (we should never forget just how good he was) I’ve see Foden but Bellingham is levels above them

Just caught up on it haha provocative bastard!

He's great for his age for definite. Maturity beyond his years, very talented and physically imposing for a lad who shouldn't have his man strength for a few years yet. Foden is different because he really has been a generational talent since a kid, but when he broke thru as a 17 year old he was very clearly still a skinny little kid who had some proper filling out to do. Plus Pep has his way of managing younger players. He's still doing it with Foden now even though he's been our most productive attacking player this season. Prime example he ended up on the bench last week after having pinged in a hat trick against Villa the previous game. He's been at a club since being a schoolkid where basically everyone gets rotated except Rodri so people can easily throw the argument that Bellingham starts every game yet foden is 3 years older and still being rotated. To me Fodens elite qualities come despite the fact he isn't particularly strong, big or quick. To shine like he does without those physical gifts shows remarkable football intelligence that i dont think Foden gets enough credit for. Bellingham has been physically able to hold his own since being a young kid and of course he does have a lot of quality so they're very different players. I don't see levels and levels between them though. Foden is right up there with him for me. Could be my City bias clouding my judgment but I'm trying to call as I see it based on my own assessment of watching the pair of them live.

lol, it would be a bit of a national disgrace if Littler won Sports Personality over Bellingham - they are the two current favs.

Who is his agent - is it his father/family? They’ve done a great job guiding his career thus far.

Bundesliga looks an ideal platform for young British players. Too many are blinkered and consumed by the EPL.

No doubting he's a top player, but that touch wasn't anything hugely special...a difficult take over the shoulder, obviously, but he had to go running after the ball and take another two touches to get the pass away. It's not as if it stuck to his boot.

Who is his agent - is it his father/family? They’ve done a great job guiding his career thus far.

Bundesliga looks an ideal platform for young British players. Too many are blinkered and consumed by the EPL.

Yep, his dad handles the football side with input from a couple of other super agents (officially acting as advisors). His mum is more in control of the image side of things, kind of like a manager.

Similar to the Mbappe's, their set-up is unbelievably focussed and meticulous. Even when it comes to choosing which glossies to appear in ("Jude is only interested in working with Vogue and Vogue only," as one old magazine colleague of mine was once unceremoniously told ) and brands (he was close to signing a massive deal with Louis Vuitton but I'm not sure that actually materialised in the end).

No doubting he's a top player, but that touch wasn't anything hugely special...a difficult take over the shoulder, obviously, but he had to go running after the ball and take another two touches to get the pass away. It's not as if it stuck to his boot.
Do you not think the first touch intentionally moves it into space? If he killed it dead he would have made it easier for the defender.

That's the way I see it anyway, that he meant to take it out of the defenders reach. It's actually harder to move a ball like that a single yard away from you than it is to kill it dead.

Do you not think the first touch intentionally moves it into space? If he killed it dead he would have made it easier for the defender.

That's the way I see it anyway, that he meant to take it out of the defenders reach. It's actually harder to move a ball like that a single yard away from you than it is to kill it dead.

Whatever the intention was it was a quality first touch...that the majority of players operating at somewhere near elite level are capable of. So very good, but far from the mind blowing sensation that social media fkwits would have you believe. It's been all over my twitter/insta feeds like it's something we've not seen since the days of Zidane. It's weird. And the Zidane comparisons are tiresome just because he's got the no.5 shirt. He's doing well enough in his own right.

Definitely a cracking touch but I’d expect that from players playing in the CL quarter finals. Bellingham is a quality player already at 20 year old.

Hard to argue with this, not that I'd want to. Bellingham has everything.

It's just mental to me that anyone would compare a 20 year old who is years and years away from his peak to players like Zidane without judging them at the same age.

What Bellingham is doing right now, Zidane wasn't getting close to at the same age. That's just factual, not an opinion. Of course, it remains to be seen whether Jude can ever reach the level ZZ reached in his peak years.

Unreal talent.

Over 20 goals in his first season is also some return considering he’s not a striker.

He's on track to be England's greatest ever player.

Ah I see. Lot of hype around the lad he's got a lot to live up to in the coming years! Could go either way for him he'll either continue to grow or he'll peak pretty early. Potential is significant for sure though. I'm not adding to the predictions about him being the greatest ever this or that though.

City fans detest him for some reason. I've been called all sorts on bluemoon for trying to say he was quietly effective for Madrid in midweek against us and for calling out some of the spite that's been thrown towards him unnecessarily. Blues think he's a diving, cheating lady's front bottom, Gers on here seem to think he's the best there is, I sit somewhere in the middle.

Unreal talent.

Over 20 goals in his first season is also some return considering he’s not a striker.

Not many 20 year olds with his athletic and physical presence in fairness. He's got a lot going for him at a young age. I wonder how much better he can really get or whether he's someone that will peak early.

Incredibly mature lad tho for his age every time I hear him speak he comes across great. I'm more impressed with that side of him than his actual football truth be told considering the expectations placed upon him at 20.

Ah I see. Lot of hype around the lad he's got a lot to live up to in the coming years! Could go either way for him he'll either continue to grow or he'll peak pretty early. Potential is significant for sure though. I'm not adding to the predictions about him being the greatest ever this or that though.

City fans detest him for some reason. I've been called all sorts on bluemoon for trying to say he was quietly effective for Madrid in midweek against us and for calling out some of the spite that's been thrown towards him unnecessarily. Blues think he's a diving, cheating lady's front bottom, Gers on here seem to think he's the best there is, I sit somewhere in the middle.

If he signed for City they would all be in love with him. Also I don't think Man City fans can be calling anyone a diver considering some of the players they have and have had in their teams under Guardiola.

If he signed for City they would all be in love with him. Also I don't think Man City fans can be calling anyone a diver considering some of the players they have and have had in their teams under Guardiola.
City are about as honest a team as modern football gets, Arsenal and Liverpool are far far worse for diving and Madrid are off the scale

Back