Julen Lopetegui agrees to join West Ham for next season

If they lose a few players could be near the bottom again fighting relegation!

Crazy to get rid of Moyes.

9th place is a great position for a team like West Ham.

All the teams above them have far bigger financial budgets, difficult for them to get any higher without spending significantly more money on players.

Unfashionable but very good manager. Watch them slide into bottom half next season and start fighting for survival again, rather than European trophies.

As for Moyes to the scum, think his stock is too high, he will get another gig down south or maybe he might fancy abroad again, maybe not Spain though. Very well respected by the other managers due to his work with the union

Moyes will go down as one of West Ham’s greatest ever managers. It’s embarrassing how their supporters have treated him.
He has twice come in and picked them up when they were in the shit, overseen a vast improvement in the league and won them their first trophy in over 40 years.

Moyes would be a great Scotland manager and wouldn’t be surprised if that happens sooner rather than later should there be an underwhelming Euros campaign.

Ralf Ragnick turned them down so you never know. He has already managed at Real Madrid and the Spanish national side.
He's possibly happy sitting in a cushty International job which is basically part time.

I don't believe anyone would choose West Ham over Bayern unless there was something really bad in the background that put them off.

They deserve to be relegated for their treatment of him, Europe 3 years in a row winning a trophy, they can’t do better than that. Wallopers.

He's possibly happy sitting in a cushty International job which is basically part time.

I don't believe anyone would choose West Ham over Bayern unless there was something really bad in the background that put them off.
Seems that there has been a few people turned their noses up at the Bayern job. Alonso, Ragnick, Zidane and this guy apparently also.

Strange as they are one of the biggest clubs in World football.

Football fans a fickle bunch those moaning what do West Ham fans expect well what do we expect as fans?
To fans looking in like we are doing to West Ham, Gio got us to a European cup final and won the Scottish cup, we finished second to a team with a much bigger budget than ours so surely that should be enough?

Seems that there has been a few people turned their noses up at the Bayern job. Alonso, Ragnick, Zidane and this guy apparently also.

Must be something dodgy in the background that they are putting people off. It must be one of the easiest jobs in world football outwith this season of course.

I hope they do as well as Charlton did when they binned Curbishley.
Stoke fans must crave Pulis and his club shop get up back on the touchline also. :))

West Ham the last few seasons have been in a European QF, Semi final and won the conference league and had very good league positions. I don’t see it getting any better than that for them.

They lost the league this year after winning it so much.

The pressure is on to win next year, it’s a big job!

People who only focus on the fact Moyes won them a trophy aren't seeing the whole picture.

The football under him recently was absolutely dire, he was already on the verge of being sacked until he won the Conference League.

It would have probably been better for both parties if he had left them after winning that trophy.

The claim that fans want him out because he's not playing 'the West Ham way' is also nonsense. Fans wanted him out because the team was stagnating under him and he was terrible at managing his squad.

To play the "West Ham way" apparently. Whatever the %^*& that is.
So pretty much what fat man is doing at Spurs.
Free flowing open football getting pumped silly by any half decent team.
Whatever Floyd their boat I suppose.
They will realise what they got rid off when they are regularly getting spanked and fighting relegation.
Not a huge fan of Moyes or his football but it was effective.
They won a European trophy, got to a European Semiand Quarter final while being well safe in the league.
Not sure what else they want.
Moyes time in charge has been their most successful in decades and I wager it will be their most successful for decades to come

People who only focus on the fact Moyes won them a trophy aren't seeing the whole picture.

The football under him recently was absolutely dire, he was already on the verge of being sacked until he won the Conference League.

It would have probably been better for both parties if he had left them after winning that trophy.
Outwith maybe one season under Bilic when they were in with a chance of the CL when have West Ham ever really played good football in the last 30 odd years?

Circling the relegation zone is the West Ham way. He’s got them deep into Europe, won their first trophy since Alan Devonshire and Trevor Brooking and consistently finish around 7/8. Not sure what else they expect.

Outwith maybe one season under Bilic when they were in with a chance of the CL when have West Ham ever really played good football in the last 30 odd years?
It's not about playing good football, it's about taking the game to the opponent regardless of who they are.

Isn't that what most fans want ? For example yesterday, they completely capitulated against Chelsea and clearly couldn't be bothered. There is not a fan in the world that would accept that.

However, he has also been massively let down by the owners. Letting go of 3 crucial squad players and not replacing them or having back up is terrible.

They’ve been poor this season especially since Christmas. On paper they have a decent squad but hit hot and very cold.

Only the current bottom 3 have a worse defensive record than them this season.

The claim that fans want him out because he's not playing 'the West Ham way' is also nonsense. Fans wanted him out because the team was stagnating under him and he was terrible at managing his squad.

But he did win it. And they've had three very good European runs into the bargain.

If West Ham want to make a change of manager then fair enough. But leaving the guy hanging ? Making him go through weekly questions about his future ? Appointing a manager behind his back ? Does he not deserve better treatment than that ?

It's very poor from them.

Goibg against the grain here but Lopetegui isan excellent manager.

He'll take them further than Moyes can and playing a good standard of football.

Personally think this is a really really good appointment by west ham

But he did win it. And they've had three very good European runs into the bargain.

If West Ham want to make a change of manager then fair enough. But leaving the guy hanging ? Making him go through weekly questions about his future ? Appointing a manager behind his back ? Does he not deserve better treatment than that ?

European runs aren't the be all end all though.

They've won 5 games out of their last 18 (I think ?) and in their last 16 games only Sheffield United has conceded more goals. There's no clear game plan to many of their matches.

You can't keep someone in their job because they won something but everything else is turning to shit. I do think the fans will give him a good send off because they know that it's not all his fault and he has given them something special.

I think this isn't entirely dissimilar to GvB. Got us a trophy and a fantastic European run but then the results started going against us and in the end it's best to part ways.

Agreed especially when he took the job again after being shat on by them before.

Reactions: SDF
If you were old enough to remember Ron Greenwood ex West Ham and think did a stint at England you would know what their fans regard as the West Ham way.
Free flowing football.

Alf Garnett remembers.
Older bear will get it.

They've won 3 games out of 25 and in their last 16 games only Sheffield United has conceded more goals. There's no clear game plan to many of their matches.

Again, getting rid of Moyes isn't the issue.

There's a way to go about it though. Saved them from relegation twice, finished 6th and 7th and currently sitting 9th. The guy deserves a wee bit of respect for what he's done there regardless of how poor they've been in the last 25 matches. If it's that bad then sack him. At least he'd know where he stood.

I don't remember West Ham ever being 'entertainers' in my lifetime.

They had a few decent players when I was a kid, Brooking and Devonshire were fantastic footballers, but apart from them, I'm struggling to think of anyone that would get you off your seat in anticipation of what they were going to do.

Tony Daly maybe?

They've won 3 games out of 25 and in their last 16 games only Sheffield United has conceded more goals. There's no clear game plan to many of their matches.

You can't keep someone in their job because they won something but everything else is turning to shit. I do think the fans will give him a good send off because they know that it's not all his fault and he has given them something special.

I think this isn't entirely dissimilar to GvB. Got us a trophy and a fantastic European run but then the results started going against us and in the end it's best to part ways.
6th place finish, 7th place finish and likely top 10 again this season so in 3/4 seasons I’d say West Ham are punching above their weight. They never make any real big signings, think their record fee is still round about £25m or thereabouts.

Moyes has done a tremendous job at West Ham imo.

I don't remember West Ham ever being 'entertainers' in my lifetime.

They had a few decent players when I was a kid, Brooking and Devonshire were fantastic footballers, but apart from them, I'm struggling to think of anyone that would get you off your seat in anticipation of what they were going to do.

Tony Daly maybe?
Joe Cole and Di Canio were great for them when I was young. But they were surrounded by shite.

Back