Karen Brady

I just don't see any scenario where the SPFL / SFA don't manipulate their own rules one way or another to award Celtic the league. There's no chance of it being null and void. They make it up as they go along, see 2012 for example. They'll make up new rules for them.

Strap in for cool story

Sat next to her in Heathrow BA lounge once. Nice enough but not as attractive in the flesh as I remember in from TV in her younger years.

Ithankyou

Well as a Leeds fan my view is as biased as hers, the only logical conclusion is to finish the season, however long that takes. What other solution is going to prevent legal chaos? Am I to be told I just have to put up with no promotion? If we “hibbs” it on the grass I have to live with that, but to be denied it in an office? Let’s be realistic here the euros are probably doomed, that gives us til June 30th to play the remaining games and complete the season. Not popular in Scotland, or more accurately here but it’s the only solution

This is what will happen.

Impossible to declare current standings final due to legal challenges there would be and basically it just wouldnt be fair.

The remaining options are declare null and void or finish the league when able to.

Il be staggered if first option comes about.

The second option will probably be the preferred option for fifa/uefa/fa therefore most likely.

Well as a Leeds fan my view is as biased as hers, the only logical conclusion is to finish the season, however long that takes. What other solution is going to prevent legal chaos? Am I to be told I just have to put up with no promotion? If we “hibbs” it on the grass I have to live with that, but to be denied it in an office? Let’s be realistic here the euros are probably doomed, that gives us til June 30th to play the remaining games and complete the season. Not popular in Scotland, or more accurately here but it’s the only solution
Which part of a league season and a competition MUST age completed within a certain time frame.

I feel your pain but if there is no football until the end of April at the earliest! Bear in mind this break is longer than some pre seasons that clubs get then clubs will be challenging the fact that theintegrity of the competition is gone and therefore null and void.

there is literally no other option

This is what will happen.

Impossible to declare current standings final due to legal challenges there would be and basically it just wouldnt be fair.

The remaining options are declare null and void or finish the league when able to.

Il be staggered if first option comes about.

The second option will probably be the preferred option for fifa/uefa/fa therefore most likely.

If they are back playing by April then possibly we can finish season but for me the legal case to abandon it is far greater than completing it

I think a slightly more technical approach, though similar, would be to use the coefficient table for this season and base next season’s entrants on that :cool:

6​
Scotland
4 teams​
13​
Glasgow Rangers​
EL620432018.0not out
18​
Celtic​
EL611422016.5
95​
Aberdeen​
EL31200003.5
159​
Kilmarnock​
EL10100001.0
Excellent idea , there can be no arguments now.

If they are back playing by April then possibly we can finish season but for me the legal case to abandon it is far greater than completing it

No chance we are back playing for april imo.

As ive posted elsewhere the league will probably restart in july with new season to start right after this one finishes with winter break/cup did away with.

She isn't wrong in what she's saying although it's obviously coming from a place of self interest.

That being said, absolutely I prefer men. Especially while slating me like she does to the candidates on the apprentice.

No chance we are back playing for april imo.

As ive posted elsewhere the league will probably restart in july with new season to start right after this one finishes with winter break/cup did away with.
So we continue the season in July when players would be out of contract and no longer able to play for their current clubs?

That's assuming things are good to go by July.

So we continue the season in July when players would be out of contract and no longer able to play for their current clubs?

That's assuming things are good to go by July.

Not saying thats what i want mate but thats what i think the authorities/people in charge will decide.

Lets be honest there is not a decision which will satisfy everyone but i genuinely believe they will look to finish the leagues when possible, if that means sone players are out of contract then so be it, clubs will need to use players they have and/or sign new players - for me they will choose this rather than render 3/4 of a season meaningless.

Wants the league null and void, can’t think why this hyena would want that. Answers on a postcard......

Her team would stay up if it ended today with current standings. But she is 100% correct the teams below cant be relegated as they mathematically can stay up.

OP surely sporting integrity is the number 1 thing here? your thoughts ;-)

League voided, European places as position at the end of last season ids the only solution, even if it did mean the filth getting another bash at the CL. But you can bet there would be teams like Man Utd and Wolves who can still make the top 4 suing the arse off the EPL.

I saw she was getting an absolute doing on social media this morning so I wondered what she had said/done....

Turns out she's just said exactly what any other team that's currently in that sort of position will say. This exact scenario is going to play out in every single league in the world which is why I still think there's going to have to be some sort of edict from FIFA & UEFA.

Otherwise, can you imagine the legal challenges which will kick-off if titles start getting given, teams relegated etc? The top teams in Europe would have money to burn on the best legal teams to fight their cases and would end up impacting next season too.
I said this on another thread earlier but its relevant to this too.. I believe the fairest outcome will be for FIFA to decide what will happen to every league so there can be no argument from the teams that will be impacted.
Hopefully the decision will be to null & void the campaigns so there are no official winners and no relegations/promotions.

In practical terms, the euro's will certainly be cancelled.

Europa league qualifiers start 25th June, so if all leagues arent completed IN FULL prior to mid-June, then the game is a bogey.

Even then, there's the issues of contract expiries, maintaining squad fitness during what is effectively a close season (even more so, perhaps, due to isolation), and the impacts such events would have on sporting integrity.

There will always be winners and losers when big decisions have to be made, such is life. I'll feel particularly for Liverpool as they're in a seemingly insurmountable position, but the integrity of the game - and lessening any future impact in future seasons - must be the sporting bodies focus (aside, of course, for ensuring public health).

I said this on another thread earlier but its relevant to this too.. I believe the fairest outcome will be for FIFA to decide what will happen to every league so there can be no argument from the teams that will be impacted.
Hopefully the decision will be to null & void the campaigns so there are no official winners and no relegations/promotions.

Scrap the European comps and start them afresh too but keep any co-eff points earned thus far.

Wants the league null and void, can’t think why this hyena would want that. Answers on a postcard......
Yes she is looking out for her club and why shouldn’t she ? It would be the easiest outcome for every league in Europe with least objections as the vast majority of clubs are not winning a league or being religated

never really liked her since the time at st andrews she took the mentally challengeds side instead of her own club,she ordered the union flags and ulster flags to be removed from the home support ,but allowed the enablers to flaunt their tricolours and others as well as spewing their vile songbook

Can’t do that

Says who?

They can.

And most probably will.

Much higher percentage chance thats what the powers that be will decide rather than declaring season null and void.

Ps just seen regans proposal - as i said they will find a way to complete this season rather than declare it null and void, whether you are in denial or not mate.

Last edited:
Will lead to a whole host of problems. If the league is voided what teams will go into Europe next season. Slightly off topic but worth noting that I'd be more than happy to smash her back doors in.
The same teams that went in for 19/20 I suppose, if those tournaments were considered null and void too. Or I suppose they could try some hand-waiving and term things “permanently suspended” rather than null and void. Then put forward the currently top-placed teams as the “least bad solution”. Lawsuits would ensue. And rightly so.

Well a Sports lawyer has just been on Sky Sports News saying if fixtures are not concluded the season should be null and void, saying the only other situation like this was during the war.
There is no precedent for this situation though. There’s nothing they have to follow. Ultimately they’ll decide whatever they want and this will set the precedent for when something like this happens again.

There is talk coronavirus might last a few years, so there might be no football for a few years. A lot of teams might go out of business in that time. They would have to create new leagues from the teams that are still in business, probably only the ones that have rich owners.

I just don't see any scenario where the SPFL / SFA don't manipulate their own rules one way or another to award Celtic the league. There's no chance of it being null and void. They make it up as they go along, see 2012 for example. They'll make up new rules for them.
I have to agree with you! This will be what happens unfortunately.

Back