Klopp will never watch TNT sports ever again and wants human rights lawyers to look into footballers being over worked.

He might have a point regarding the schedule, the amount of injuries this year has been off the charts.

I can't ever recall players doing their ACL's the rate they have this season.
I heard someone say that the amount of muscle injuries this season could be to do with the stops for VAR checks and thinks it should be looked into. Can’t remember who it was but he said the amount of time some decisions were taking would not help in things like that.

I think there does seem to be a lot more injuries due to the amount of games being played. That being said, he didn’t complain once about the expanded CL (more games) and happy to trot all over the world to play friendly for cash.
How many more games do they play now compared to the 90s for example? Heard Ray Houghton years ago talking about modern day players complaining about tiredness and said they should realise how easy they have it. His argument was that the Liverpool team he played in would use 16/17 players for the season, play on pitches that were far heavier on the legs and half the team was out on the piss during the week. :))

he does realise they've played Crystal Palace, Everton and West Ham in the last two weeks and without any European distractions

maybe look closer to home for blame

Controversial but I agree players are being asked to play way too many games now at the elite end of the sport.

With expanded club world cup, expanded champions league and expanded international tournaments it's going to get worse.

There's a reason that most clubs have injury lists as long as your arm, ours included.

Blaming TNT is a bit daft though it's hardly their fault.

The clubs can end it tomorrow but capitalism gonna capitalism.

Can't stand the prick. Give your players a rest if they need it. What's it got to do with TNT? He doesn't cope at all when someone challenges his opinion.

Thursday night away games and midday Sunday kick offs were our staple for a number of recent years.
There's a reason why Klopp and Liverpool were a perfect fit, the whining

In fairness even mhanks fan Andy Goldstein has said the disproportionate amount of 1230 kick offs Liverpool have had is shocking. Way ahead of any other team.
That seems fair enough, Goldstein is pretty hardcore on his Liverpool stance usually even just to wind them up for his employers ratings.
Still comes across like whining though, we have it routinely when in the Europa and I bet we are still nowhere near the calendar intensity of EFL sides

NBA must be up there as one of the most energy intensive games/seasons
Loads of travelling too, playing consecutive days too
80 odd games in a season

Too many games? It’s simple , stop paying mad wages and employ more players to do the job
It's a weird one, the PFA should be protecting 'workers' rights.
Concussion, gambling, injuries, fatigue leading to injuries and shortening a short career...nah the noise from the PFA at present is that with the potential Anchoring regulations will impose a wage cap and be detrimental to their players.
All about money

How many more games do they play now compared to the 90s for example? Heard Ray Houghton years ago talking about modern day players complaining about tiredness and said they should realise how easy they have it. His argument was that the Liverpool team he played in would use 16/17 players for the season, play on pitches that were far heavier on the legs and half the team was out on the piss during the week. :))
Man Utd played 5 league games in 10 days (or is that 11 ?) back in 91/92

Wankers like Klopp fail to understand a few very simple and connected facts;

Most football clubs spend all of the money they bring in

They spend the money on the players and the managers exorbitant wages

To keep up with these demands, they have to offer more and more to the TV companies.

That generates more money, that all goes out to the players and managers.

If greedy bastards like Klopp and his players asked for less money, they could play less games.

It's all about the money now. Cram as much games in as possible during a season, including too many international friendlies, and pre-season tours. They are paid very well for it though.

Use the squads you have.

But they should be talking to the epl to help stop early ko after euro games. However moaning about it won’t help.

Use the squads you have.

But they should be talking to the epl to help stop early ko after euro games. However moaning about it won’t help.
They have done that if the team away in Europe on the Wednesday won't be playing at Saturday 12.30pm if selected for live broadcast instead Saturday 8pm

Compare footballers to tennis. 2 or 3 hour games running about endlessly just to repeat it every other day if they're good enough.

He thought he would leave Liverpool with a clean sweep of honours, but instead is left with a solitary league cup which even the Scousers will struggle to justify a ‘ victory ‘ parade down the Strand at the end of the season.
It’s all gone wrong for Klopp and his meltdown is glorious.

I wonder what Mo Salah or VVD’s hourly income is on a 40 hour a week basis! You don’t hear other managers moaning too much about it in the likes of Spain and Germany or have they?

Used to have a lot of time for Klopp but now I wouldn’t mind seeing the moaning faced bastard fade into obscurity so we don’t have to hear his ramblings any more.
If he didn’t have such a high profile he’d have Celtic manager written all over him.

He's got "the look" of one too.

Smelly tramp in tracksuit manager.

I think in years to come clubs will start learning to build squads capable of the playing commitments they have in this day and age, players are overworked physically by their clubs, squads are big enough to cope with workload just no teams want to sacrifice their 1st 11 superstar for an all round squad.

Many sports have demanding seasons and they usually have strategies to make it work

At a time when squads were smaller and you could only use 2 or 3 subs.

I wonder what Mo Salah or VVD’s hourly income is on a 40 hour a week basis! You don’t hear other managers moaning too much about it in the likes of Spain and Germany or have they?
Salah's earnings are insane.

Base salary is allegedly £350k a week, but performance bonuses and image rights are meant to take him up to £1m a week.

I think he may have lost the fucking plot. Are footballers really overworked? They train for a few hours a day during the week and play one or two games a week.

Even taking away comparing it to the ordinary man on the street argument when you compare them to other sports people do they put in more work than say a golfer flying all over the world and playing four rounds ontop of all the practice for example?
He really is a greeting faced, ladies front bottom. Makes Liverpool’s recent title collapse all the more funnier

I don’t have a problem with his complaint that there are far more games now than ever before. It’s one of the main reasons for so many injuries. When you look at it Liverpool have had a lot more 12:30 kick offs in tnt than other teams.

He’s been smarting about BT Sport /TNT since Des Kelly handed him his arse live on air when he was moaning about kick off times a few years back.

He has a point but typically going over the top with his reaction.
Top players at elite clubs play far too often , extra CL games, extra Euro finals game and about a billion WC games.

Wonder if he knows anyone that could influence who starts and makes decision on how long players play each game?

Assuming he's planning on giving some his money back too if he feels so strongly about tv money,?

If it's too hard for them maybe the players should find another job.
No one forces them to play football for a living

Back