Official Leon Balogun - Welcome (back) to Rangers

Sorry, but not for me. Those still wanting Davies moved on are confusing. If Beale is all we think he is, surely he can work with a young guy and make him a better player. If he stays, I hope we don't give minutes to Balogun instead of trying to improve Davies.

I know it's a squad player move, but it's a minor step backwards.

Almost reads like those who are losing their shit about this are under the impression Balogun comes in as a first team starer when that is quite clearly not the case here.

How can signing Balogun as backup for the season possibly be seen as a bad thing here?

He's more than tried and tested.

Not sure why this would be construed as a bad thing given Leon King is now out for a considerable length of time. This is cover for our cover.

Personally, I am delighted to have the big man back.

I think big Leon still has a lot to offer and is a top professional.

He's still got fuel left in the tank, and can help us to the title this season.

Sorry, but not for me. Those still wanting Davies moved on are confusing. If Beale is all we think he is, surely he can work with a young guy and make him a better player. If he stays, I hope we don't give minutes to Balogun instead of trying to improve Davies.

Balogun is better suited to us than Davies imo.

Good to see the big man back. He's a solid player that can be relied upon when fit.

It's possible that we've decided to spend our money on other areas of the team this summer and we might have to wait for another first choice CB. Our primary target might have became unavailable and Beale has decided this is the best move for us at this moment in time.

I think he'll do well, ability wise he's a huge upgrade on King at this time, who let's face it wouldn't have got much game time anyway.

Good for any manager to have an experienced extra pair of eyes and ears on the dressing room.

Beale keeps signing Balogun so this must be what he is.

Clint Hill, Ugo Ehiogu, Frank de Boer style signing. Makes 100% sense and he's great around the dressing room.

Worth pointing out that none of those players won a title with us.

Dessers and Butland excepted none of our signings this Summer have improved our team from the end of last season.

Happy with this 1,easy choice to make,he knows we are the famous.he knows the club,staff around our club,the league and the importance of beating them along with.playing ful back if required.he’s a good signing in my eyes

I’m ok with this.

Had a lot of change this summer and it’ll help to bring in a guy who knows the ropes and can steer the new guys right.

Only slight niggle is that I’m now thinking Goldsons return from injury may not be as imminent as we would like to think.

Agree, this “ low wage”, “ back up”, “ loves the club” doesnt cut with me.
The Japanese will take him to the cleaners.

Brillaint signing, should never have been let go.

Great to have a defender. who can tackle round corners. Possibly one of the best tacklers and man markers i have see in a Rangers jersey.

Have to admit I wasn’t in favour of this move but now that it’s happened I wish him all the best and have no doubt he will both give 100% and also have a good season.

Delighted with this. Solid squad option. Will be a positive figure in training and a friendly familiar face for our new front man.

An upgrade on King (still a young boy) and Davies for me assuming he keeps fit. Still think we need a partner for Goldson.

You think Sima and Lammers will contribute less than Kent and Morelos?
Sima is 22 and has a goalscoring record of 1 every 3 games, an assist every 8 games.
Kent is 26 and scores 1 every 7 games, an assist every 5 games.

I know stats don't tell the full story but I think Sima is a huge upgrade on Kent. I remember him being really threatening when Slavia played against us and he was only 19 then. Sammers we'll wait and see but I suspect he'll be a great player for us too. I would equate Dessers more to Morelos.

Let’s see if he can stay fit

Decent 4th CB option but if he’s injured a lot of the time the club and Beale will expect condemnation for the signing

I hope he’s a good option and an experienced CB and cover in defence but the key is if he can stay fit

Have to admit I wasn’t in favour of this move but now that it’s happened I wish him all the best and have no doubt he will both give 100% and also have a good season.

I was on the fence, but after listening to his interview I see it a bit like Davie weir signing. The manager getting in a player that he trusts and knows well. Not saying he will have the impact of DW on the field, but he wont be the last player a manager signs as a safe bet.

Brillaint signing, should never have been let go.

Great to have a defender. who can tackle round corners. Possibly one of the best tacklers and man markers i have see in a Rangers jersey.
Are you being serious?

I like the big man as much as your average bear but he has had some serious shockers in his time here, Malmö game being one. He's had some good games as well of that no doubt.

Lets not make him out to be more than what his quality actually is.

Some short term memories here, he barely kicked a ball last season due to injury and now he's come back at the age of 35.

Fantastic signing. After Goldson, probably the best pure defender in the league. We're building a rock solid squad.
Agree!
He played a blinder at full back in old firm a couple of years back!
Also big buddy of Dresser which will help him integrate with the team!

Sima is 22 and has a goalscoring record of 1 every 3 games, an assist every 8 games.
Kent is 26 and scores 1 every 7 games, an assist every 5 games.

I know stats don't tell the full story but I think Sima is a huge upgrade on Kent. I remember him being really threatening when Slavia played against us and he was only 19 then. Sammers we'll wait and see but I suspect he'll be a great player for us too. I would equate Dessers more to Morelos.
I'd equate Dessers as a HUGE upgrade on the Morelos we had the last 18 months too.

Agree totally with this post. We didn’t renew his contract for very sound reasons. These reasons will have only got stronger in the last year.

A step backwards for sure.

Solid back up at a time when we need it, big guy loves the club so there is no negative here. He’s probably coming with a low wage too and an understanding that he won’t be first choice.

Back