Leon Balogun

Should we give Leon Balogun a new contract?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Balogun is a cheap 4th choice option and is a centre half suited to the physical battle that you often get in our league so a yes. We need to try and find a way to get rid of davies and sign a replacement for goldson.
That’s what I think. Whilst his fellow defenders too often fanny around at the back, he is prepared to stick his head in where it hurts and actually defend. 4th choice at best but a good back-up.

If he could stay fit, he'd be viable as a 3rd or preferably 4th choice but he can't, so no.

It’s a yes for me. I think people are expecting 10 players out, 10 in over the summer which I just can’t see happening. Big Leon has another year in him and then let’s add better, would rather see Davies go.

he's done fine and done fine the first time around but he's what 36 next season?

It's time for new faces.

Which will make him the same age Davie Weir was when he signed for us. That worked out rather well.

Too many folk rush to the old cliche of age and “legs have gone” when a player 30+ has a poor moment in a game or a run of indifferent form, as has happened recently with Tav and Goldson.

Davie Weir, Richard Gough, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves, Luka Modric, Ryan Giggs, just to name a few, show you can still contribute at the top level well into your late 30s.

What happened to him today, subbed at HT, injured? Apologies if already covered.

What happened to him today, subbed at HT, injured? Apologies if already covered.
Noticed he was holding his groin after stretching himself in a tackle about 10 mins before half time but then seemed to run it off. I wasn't surprised when he didnt appear for the 2nd half.

Out of contract on 31st May.

Simple question: should we offer him a new contract?
He will be out more than in.

More than anything, we need players that can stay fit. What's the point of 'squad' players when even they can't be relied on.

Love Balogun as a person and the idea of him as a player (can be very accomplished). Time to move on though.

We need a bank of hungry, fit, tough young players.

Another injury. Thank him for his contribution and move him on in the summer.

Potentially head to Parkhead with a defence that contains Tavernier, Souttar, Davies and Ridvan.

Davies has played 45 minutes in 5 months, Ridvan is just back from another injury.

Another injury. Thank him for his contribution and move him on in the summer.

Potentially head to Parkhead with a defence that contains Tavernier, Souttar, Davies and Ridvan.

Davies has played 45 minutes in 5 months, Ridvan is just back from another injury.
What could possibly go wrong?

Yes we should but only as a squad player. We are likely to get rid of half the current first team squad and need a bit of continuity. Too many changes too quickly can hurt us.

Back