Leverkusen away behind closed doors confirmed

Even if we do progress there’s no chance the quarter finals will be allowed to be played with the way this thing is spreading. UEFA need to just suspend the tournament.

Let's be honest, what's the point in playing this round? The tournament is never going to finish anyway with Italian and Spanish teams on the brink of pulling out domestic leagues and the virus getting worse

Just so UEFA can bleed every last penny out of advertising, bookies and TV. Spot on though what is the point? Play these games and we may not even have a 2nd leg but a load more people getting infected and passing it on.

Has anyone spoken to Eurowings about flights
We fly Manchester-Düsseldorf with Ryanair and Cologne-Manchester with Eurowings. Both flights booked by my son on the day of the draw using my credit card.
We decided a few days ago that if the match was to be played BCD that we would still go over for a few days and enjoy Cologne as much as possible. Now, I would much rather have my flight money returned (around £500 all in). I’m gonna ask my son to contact Eurowings and Ryanair today to ask if there is any chance of a refund.
What’s the opinion of you Follow Follow travel gurus ? What’s the likelihood of us getting our dosh ?

We fly Manchester-Düsseldorf with Ryanair and Cologne-Manchester with Eurowings. Both flights booked by my son on the day of the draw using my credit card.
We decided a few days ago that if the match was to be played BCD that we would still go over for a few days and enjoy Cologne as much as possible. Now, I would much rather have my flight money returned (around £500 all in). I’m gonna ask my son to contact Eurowings and Ryanair today to ask if there is any chance of a refund.
What’s the opinion of you Follow Follow travel gurus ? What’s the likelihood of us getting our dosh ?
I'd say little to none if the flights go ahead and the travel advice isn't changed by the FCO.

I doubt that you will even be able to get it back from the credit card if the flight goes ahead

Zero mate, I wouldn’t waste your time.

Apparently Eurowings are offering flight credit or something mate, I'm going to contact them myself and see what the script is.

Apparently Eurowings are offering flight credit or something mate, I'm going to contact them myself and see what the script is.

Thanks Derek. This is at least a compromise. We might go the whole hog and change to go to Berlin for the Christmas markets. It’s better than losing the flight money altogether.

Yes, lets have another dig at the board over something thats completely out of their hands
Was more an attempt at a joke than a dig. I'm certainly not having a dig at them over the Leverkusen game. It was a German government decision, nothing Rangers can do

Anyone had any word on refunds from Leverkusen re home end tickets. Assume the Germans will be as efficient with that as they were with sales.
Aware it was only called off last night so no hurry but just wondered if it will be automatic or you need to claim etc etc just incase anyone has already spoken to them saves 5k people all asking them the same question

Let's not go down that road. I only wanted to lighten the mood on a day when a lot of Bears had been given disappointing news.

The joke combines two common narratives, the exaggeration of asylum and the downplaying of a health scare, and for added comic effect there's some Warlord German in there.

I didn't think I could've been more obvious. Either he's deliberately taken it the wrong way or he has no understanding of how humour works.

Last thing I wanted was Count Dankula'd.

View attachment 1138

(Still waiting on that apology however.)
Wasn’t replying to your joke pal.

“Won’t someone please think of the children”:)

Has anyone spoken to Eurowings about flights

I managed to get my flight money back travelling from Berlin to Dusseldorf, £30. My original flight was at 12:45pm but that was cancelled and I was put on the 15:30 flight, however after yesterdays decision I messaged to see if I was entitled to a refund and they said yes, I don't know if this is because my original flight was cancelled at first.

Thinking ahead for the game at Ibrox and if it goes ahead infront of fans I can't see why their away support should be allowed in the country nevermind the stadium when their traveling from the worst affected area in Germany.

3 Liga in Germany just postponed next two match days (this weekend and the midweek matches next week). Hope to play them after Easter. Shows how vital the income is to these Clubs.

Breaking News

UEFA are considering postponing all of tomorrow night's Europa League round of 16 matches over coronavirus fears, according to reports.

Initial talks are said to be underway with regards to postponing Inter Milan's San Siro clash with Getafe, and according to Italian journalists Tancredi Palmeri, the postponements could stretch to the "entire Europa League round".

Rangers officially confirming this now on Facebook, though we pretty much already knew.

So hopefully now we can take as home advantage and make it count, as they'll be unable to do the same.

Not the place, thanks.

There is good and bad in everyone. (Learn to live, learn to give each other what we need to survive, together alive.)

Diversity is Strength RSC.

McCartney and Paedo Jackson couldn't even live together in the same recording studio for that song. I also love the Diversity is Strength logo which presumably you know is a parody of Orwells 1984

Got emailed about the Corporate trip and by the time I replied it was sold out.

Heard from a pal that the Corporate trip has now been cancelled too so it’ll be club officials/players/employees only then

It's easier said than done but I feel governments should have halted this virus way before now. As you say it's so easy to spread and after a while it becomes almost impossible to contain. I cant believe we have health officials trying to trace infected peoples last known contacts. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. By the time they have traced all those people who that one person has been in contact with those other people have been in contact with many others. It's a total clusterfuck and one that is going to need to be stopped with drastic measures.

I hope Bears can avoid travelling and stay in the safety of your family home without puting yourselfs or your family at risk. Stay safe people.
I also find this keep at least 1 metre away from someone absolutely bizarre bordering on stupidity, these are people who are supposed to know what they're doing and health pros and they give that advice, but reading this below standing 1 metre away wouldn't make a jot of difference.

A cough can travel as fast as 50 mph and expel almost 3,000 droplets in just one go. Sneezes win though—they can travel up to 100 mph and create upwards of 100,000 droplets.

I cancelled a KLM trip for work last week. They now have added ‘Health situation in China’ to the list of reasons for cancelling. My ticket was refundable so I didn’t use that but it’s definitely available to choose. Not sure how they handle it though.

That’s the cancellation portal.
I saw that mate but no mention of Germany yet though, obviously. Tickets not refundable. I used your link on KLM site to ask the question. Thank you.

I saw that mate but no mention of Germany yet though, obviously. Tickets not refundable. I used your link on KLM site to ask the question. Thank you.
I’d think it’s a bit lost in translation probably. By ‘Health situation in China’ I’d reckon they just mean ‘Coronavirus’. I might be wrong though. Hopefully they confirm that and you can use it as a reason for a full refund.

Incidentally I spoke to another guy who was meant to be in the same trip as me to Germany (not the football) and he didn’t have a refundable ticket, so they offered him credit rather than losing it altogether. Better than getting nothing back I suppose.

And I had a ticket for the Werder Bremen v Leverkusen game on Monday that I’ll miss. But that might be BCD anyway :))

All the best bud.

Back